Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She never ceases to surprise me with her level of bleeping rudeness.

Lives her life in Twitter, reveals all manner of intensely private stuff when it suits then takes umbrage when asked something personal but unintended to be nasty, she’s such a cock.

I’m waiting for her to replace her Twitter picture with the bikini one instead of the wig.

By the way, how does one do a strike out here ?, the —word— action isn’t working for me.
I don't understand how I asking someone if they are still with their partner intrusive. I get it hurts, but you just say no not anymore im not ready to talk about it etc. Shuts the convo off but remains polite.

Not every person that follows her spends a zillion hours scrolling through her feed in the hope of seeing whether not her partner left?!

Reactions: 28
She never ceases to surprise me with her level of bleeping rudeness.

Lives her life in Twitter, reveals all manner of intensely private stuff when it suits then takes umbrage when asked something personal but unintended to be nasty, she’s such a cock.

I’m waiting for her to replace her Twitter picture with the bikini one instead of the wig.

By the way, how does one do a strike out here ?, the —word— action isn’t working for me.
Tap next to the word you want to strike out. When it is highlighted blue, select the 4th symbol along the top! 🙂

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I really hope she does a spoken-word video of 'Potatoes' - it will be the most cringe-worthy, teeth-on-edge thing ever!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Hello. I feel like crying.. last time I checked there were about 34 threads.. I've just started #19(?) I think and now there's nearly 60!!!! Will I ever catch up :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:o_Oo_O:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Do keep up! 😂

I definitely started reading JM threads too late into lockdown.. if only she'd just STAY OFF TWITTER so I could catch up and get involved..

(I'd feel like a fraud if I join in only having read 1/3 of the threads..!)

im

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Thankfully I’m still employed and have an understanding boss but it was a nightmare at the time, especially since I work in education. They were doing their best to contact everyone they could find in the same organisation!
I can't quite find the words, that's absolutely shocking! Trying to make someone lose their job for the crime of disagreeing with someone else....it's hard to fathom the level of spite required for that.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Right... I have been following this for about 5 weeks now. I am lunka'd right up. New member...
I don't want to triangulate myself, but these threads have been an eye opener to my own twitter usage and everything that comes with it, my job meant I have been stalked by a person VERY much like Munroe, wants to be everything in the media, DOES NOTHING, talks about how self important they are, a trail of stories behind them - and to the point I spoke up against it, just once, and they sent me a legal letter to try shut me down from defending myself - Fraus, I am here with you. You might have even shared one of my tweets pre-kitten when I finally caught onto this forum...

When people say "why doesn't this journalist do this?" "why doesn't this family do this?" "why doesn't this online friend do this?" - guys, it is impossible, I have been all 3, I have ended up privately harassed in doing so - I am getting a lot of solice and help from reading these forums like the back channel twitter once was, it isn't a back channel now, it is a narcissist paradise...
You have found the right place. You may be able to give us some insight into J's behaviours.

Reactions: 15
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no. 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL): Threads 2-9

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
🥴

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. *She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts)*

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that.

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Also:

• She grew up in a 5 bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words, ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.

@Bookweevil, please add your amazing Glossary of Jack!

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
Top marks, as always, Pokahontas.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
At the risk of... triangulating myself.... Ian Rankin used to pop in to a bookshop I worked in, several years ago. We often had authors coming in to promote their books....the majority were lovely, but some were horrendous pompous twats. Needless to say, Ian was adorable and chatty. The authors didn't get paid to attend, but some seemed absolutely horrified to be talking to a mere 25 people sipping warm wine on rickety chairs. Some even turned up roaring drunk. I just can't imagine Jackie doing anything for nothing.....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
At the risk of... triangulating myself.... Ian Rankin used to pop in to a bookshop I worked in, several years ago. We often had authors coming in to promote their books....the majority were lovely, but some were horrendous pompous twats. Needless to say, Ian was adorable and chatty. The authors didn't get paid to attend, but some seemed absolutely horrified to be talking to a mere 25 people sipping warm wine on rickety chairs. Some even turned up roaring drunk. I just can't imagine Jackie doing anything for nothing.....
It really pleases me to know that Ian Rankin is a genuinely nice bloke.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I can't quite find the words, that's absolutely shocking! Trying to make someone lose their job for the crime of disagreeing with someone else....it's hard to fathom the level of spite required for that.
That’s what’s currently known as Cancel Culture. It’s vile and is sadly very commonplace now. It’s what happened in the USSR and East Germany at the beginnings of certain periods and it’s very scary that is becoming a thing in 2020.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Good grief my Tattle name has come true. I came downstairs to find the cat in the kitchen. He shouldn't be, he likes to be out stalking his prey at night murdering, terrorising, or sleeping in his own porch (fancy). He glared at me, as it must have been my fault he got trapped, even though i was first a bed last night. I smooshed his little face and said, 'You've been in all night young man? I hope you didn't do a chaos'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
It really pleases me to know that Ian Rankin is a genuinely nice bloke.
I've met him as well, through work I used to do with libraries. A genuine nice bloke. I was going to re read the Rebus collection from the beginning but I don't want to now I know she is. #petty

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.