Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Uberrima fides

She always picks on successful people like JO, Walliams and now A Rees Mogg. Hers is the politics of envy. Whether you like these three people or not, none of them is sitting on their backsides (or lying naked on a couch), instead they are working hard at their chosen field. I can't stand Jamie Oliver, but he did train as a chef at a top restaurant. Jack, on the other hand, has no cookery skills and poor knowledge of food. A. Rees Mogg was in fact correct in what she said about the price of potatoes compared with oven chips.

Jack Monroe would not suffer from poverty of any kind if she did what millions of other single parents in the UK do - go and get herself a job, instead of lying on a couch trying to bully herself into a media career for which she neither trained nor studied. She does not have the natural tv presence which some people have who haven't trained in the media. Some people come across very well on tv - Jack does not.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

FeelingGroovy

Finally at the end and I’m still livid.

<insert gif of Catherine Tate’s nan character saying “wot a fackin’ liberty”>

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Tumbleweeds from the blue tickers......Tonight’s schedule - angry reassurance she is FINE because we all need her, an ‘i’m here to stay and looking hot’ pic and profile change and then a night of tweeting every fart that comes into her head.

• Haha

acca00

Chatty Member
I really hope she does a spoken-word video of 'Potatoes' - it will be the most cringe-worthy, teeth-on-edge thing ever!

• Haha
  • Sick

J4n0Z

Chatty Member
She always writes as if she’s on the verge of a breakdown but she doesn’t fold or crumble , she’s fine.

She’s an ultra manipulative woman who gives not one shit about anyone else.
Yeah, she does. Her writing has a very wobbly-lipped quality to it.

I notice she's mentioned her Autism again.
For someone who is (apparently) Autistic and (apparently) bad at feelings, she seems to be very skilled at manipulating other people's.

Eta - I'm not qualified to speak on behalf of everyone who has ASD, but I really dislike her exploiting the perception that we are rigid and don't have emotions.

Flash123

VIP Member
I find her begging for money when she has a house full of nice things to be incredibly immoral. Disgraceful. Has she filed her HMRC accounts yet?

• Angry
  • Heart

Anonymous One

She’s an absolute piece of work.
I’ve been burnt out a few times in my career (unfortunately it’s very common in healthcare workers and I also have a chronic illness). Last year I was being worked to the bone in a job and was also being bullied by my supervisor & I reached the point where one morning I considered doing this just so I wouldn’t have to go into work. It’s not something to trivialise. But do you know what? Having thoughts like that is a wake up call that things have to change! That you have to live your life differently. So that’s what I did.

When real adults get thoughts like that they actually reassess their lives.

1) If you feel like that no job and no amount of money is worth doing/having. There’s no point doing something that’s actually making you ill. You reassess it. You get out of the situation (if it’s something you can possibly do).
2) You work it out, you take some time off, you sell some stuff, you quit your job and take something else and if it’s lower paid you reduce your outgoings and you sell some of your sideboards. You train in something else. If you’re really in that situation you’ll do anything to get out of it.
3) You don’t beg. You don’t get other people to bail you out because you can’t be arsed being an adult.

Life is fucking hard sometimes & strangers on the internet aren’t going to alleviate that. If she’s making it all up (she probably is) then she’s just a twat. If she’s not then she has the luxury of being able to change the situation. She can do anything she wants.

PS I took a bit of time off then transferred departments until my notice period was up. Then I took a different job. It was lower paid but luckily I could reduce my outgoings enough to make it work (and take on extra jobs/shifts if I wanted any luxuries). The most important thing is I chose to do something that both made and kept me happy.

• Heart
Ten pages to catch up on so sorry to bring this back from the vault but she’s a cretin, this is her pre heating the metaphorical Patreon oven isn’t it? She’s clearly short for a bill or two so is doing am drams on Twitter for help.

Idk Jack hun most reasonably comfortable people (like you are, and like I gratefully am) tend to save emergency funds for just this sort of scenario rather than spunking thousands on Cotswold Co sideboards, high end tech, and holidays? You can always ask your minted parents or successful siblings, delve into company funds, apply for personal or company credit, you’re hardly on your arse?

HalcyonDays

. Is anyone on here, who has survived a childhood defined by a parent's mental illness, had the experience as an adult of thinking, well, it probably wasn't that bad, children have been through worse than me...and yet are fully aware that they've been fucking damaged somewhere along the way? Jack's comments on abuse have triggered me, and I'm struggling to know what adult survivors of abuse really feel. Was it normalised until the child left home and realised that what had occurred was absolutely abuse, tied up in a controlling narrative of 'We do this because we love you soooo much?'

. Is anyone on here, who has survived a childhood defined by a parent's mental illness, had the experience as an adult of thinking, well, it probably wasn't that bad, children have been through worse than me...and yet are fully aware that they've been fucking damaged somewhere along the way? Jack's comments on abuse have triggered me, and I'm struggling to know what adult survivors of abuse really feel. Was it normalised until the child left home and realised that what had occurred was absolutely abuse, tied up in a controlling narrative of 'We do this because we love you soooo much?'
Im so sorry, I put a spoiler alert on Mental Illness on my post and it doesn't seem to have worked. Huge apologies.

• Sad
  • Heart

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
She's about to get hopping mad with peoples advice and suggestions that she ASKED FOR. Hang fire a sec Jack I need to make a coffee

• Haha

Tabitha D

VIP Member
She's fucked them all off with her constant woe is me moaning. They probably have problems too, what support has she offered them?
I this this quote (from an interview in the Scotsman in Feb 2019) gives you an idea of the sort of friend she’d be. “Don’t try and talk to me too much about your day is going” - cos she’s not interested. Nice.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow