Jack Monroe #553 Fairytale of No Pork

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched a film tonight called Let it snow (bbc iplayer, a silly horror if you like that sort of thing).

It was set in Georgia, the country. There were no church suppers featured.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I don’t recall if the £ amount is mentioned but there’s definitely post where she’s moving into her new flat at NY 2013-2014 and I think I remember her mention of losing the deposit in an interview. Let me see if I can dig them out
I think it was 5k, same as when 5k was stolen from her bank by text

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Someone has posted this classic load of bullshit in a ‘wholesome memes’ subreddit :rolleyes:
View attachment 2618076
She’s such a big celebrity and world renowned chef that the comments are mostly referring to her as a bloke or asking “who is that anyway” 😂
Even if you were naive enough to believe that’s not just a picture she took of her own fridge or a load of stuff she bought herself as an excuse to wank on about her recovery (why on earth would they put six yakults in there for a start), how is it wholesome or worthy of celebrating in any way? Don’t hotels typically charge you an extortionate amount for anything you take from the mini bar, or does she want us to think she’s just sooo special that the hotel gave her a load of juice and yakults for free? To be fair, I’ve never stayed in any particularly fancy hotels. Maybe that is the norm for the types of places our tireless champion of the poor likes to stay in.
Anyway, my Harold saw this on reddit and showed it to me, saying “oh I didn’t know she was an alcoholic” so I got to be like “well well well, gather round and I’ll tell ye a tale” and treated him to a small lecture before he had to ‘reluctantly’ tear himself away and go back to work.
It's mind blowing that in spite of her pathological dishonesty, this is the best and most interesting lie she could come up with.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Nadiya, a hijab-wearing woman of colour who talks openly about her mental health issues, is publishing holiday recipes too. So much for guest's theory that the media discriminates against [insert name of oppressed demographic here]. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nadiya-hussain-celebration-cake-recipes-dfhlj0jz3
The media can be quite discriminatory towards tv cooks who can’t cook, though.
---
And the Yakult? Brought in from the local Sainsbos?
Actually the aparthotel was easy to 🍉 it’s right by a Tesco express

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
By minibar law you'd get charged about £14 for every Yakult you open, right? I'd sooner suck a spillage out of the carpet than pay minibar prices tbh. Still popping up on 'heartwarming' reddits indeed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I’m convinced she’s still got those corporate/public sector gigs going on as well.

She just knows better than to show off about them now, and because her Xwitter’s on lockdown she’s not outed by those squigs Xweeting “ooooh Jack can’t wait til you come to give that fascinatingly inspirational talk about your fictional backstory and POVERTY trapped forever in the Mines of Mordor at my (named) workplace next week!!!”

Even 3 or 4 of them this year is a sizable chunk £££.
I don't believe she'd still be on Kruger Crowne's books if she wasn't getting bookings.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
On the ‘donates books to foodbanks’ point - people were encouraged to buy TWO of her books. One to keep, one she would ‘donate’ to a foodbank.

It was a win-double for Jacko. Not only did she get the royalties for two books but also the kudos for the ‘donations.’

She does so much good (when other people are paying).

• Angry
Reactions: 46
Ah yes, the corporate speaking gigs for which she gets paid (a large chunk of) 10-15 grand apiece.

View attachment 2618748

Except she doesn't...

View attachment 2618749

And yet...

View attachment 2618750View attachment 2618751

bleeping lying, gaslighting, grasping twit. It'll never not make me hoot-slash-rage that she bills these corporations with more money than sense half a day for recovery time. Poor smol ickle delicate Jack clearly needs to take to her nest-bed to overcome the shock of actually doing half a day's "work."
“or do light duties” 😭 💀
---
I’m lucky enough to have stayed in some very nice hotels. And also lots of crap ones. And not one of them would have put an open carafe of tap water in the minibar. The only water in the minibar would be of the bottled variety, San Pellegrino if spenny, local bottled if not. No hotel would put an open carafe of tap in the door. You open the door with a swoosh, there’s water everywhere. The drinks in the door are mixers, guest. That’s why there are two limes. They aren’t snacks. The silly bint has moved all the alcoholic drinks to the shelves in the fridge, popped the mixers (although I am reliably informed that you can enjoy soft drinks without adding alcohol) into the door, thought it looked a bit bare, and filled up the bedside carafe (that you are supposed to decant the bottled water into, although I am reliably informed that water can be obtained from taps) to fill up the space. The rest of the minibar (you can’t see it, it goes to another school) looks like this:

View attachment 2618931
What an absolute child.
I’m a modest budget frau but when I’ve stayed in fancier hotels there was no salad in there either (like the bagged stuff next to guest’s Yakult) and all the bottles have been unopened (unlike the small bottle of orange in the bottom of the door) 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
This is SO Jack posting about herself on Reddit:

View attachment 2618838
I don't believe it's Jack. I went and found the original post and this comment (it's from a year ago, BTW). The replies are doing a fairly good job of disabusing this poster abut "all the good she does", and they made one response, which is so "un-Jack" that it can't possibly be her.

1702109327159.png

I also had a look at yellow squig's profile and unless Jack has a passion for rugby, a more than passing interest in cricket, and a job in the Civil Service, they're not Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Just over two weeks until the big day and it’s looking like no Christmas comeback? Maybe she’ll save it for Easter and do a Jesus.

Many apologies to any religious fraus.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I’m convinced she’s living on the Patreon casho and the meagre ads she’s done this year (just curry’s?) and appearance fees. She must be doing ok if Agent Aged Adrian agrees to accompany her to her jobs.
Agrees? I'll lay a bet he drew the short straw in the office to ensure she showed up.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Horse spunk béchamel for colour, emulsify with any jarred oil from fridge (all emulsions are interchangeable, dulux pure brilliant white will do in a pinch) bit of vinegar for tang - if you ask nicely the chippy will let you have the juice from the pickled eggs free.
---
Agrees? I'll lay a bet he drew the short straw in the office to ensure she showed up.
Probably gets the blame for taking her back so is on babysitting duties in perpetuity

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m finding the speculation about J’s whereabouts in this thread hilarious but you’re all wrong. It’s obvious that she’s squirrelled herself away to write her memoir.
Imagine her poring over all the things she’s committed to print trying to work out how to make it all make sense as a unbroken narrative 😂
I'm gutted she hasn't shown up doing panto, what with all her am-dram experience. She could follow in Katie Price's broken footprints and do a XXX one and be as coarse as she is in her recipes.
Ah well, there's always next year. Or the year after. Or 10 years time. We will still be here for it, I have no doubt!
---
Someone has posted this classic load of bullshit in a ‘wholesome memes’ subreddit :rolleyes:
View attachment 2618076
She’s such a big celebrity and world renowned chef that the comments are mostly referring to her as a bloke or asking “who is that anyway” 😂
Even if you were naive enough to believe that’s not just a picture she took of her own fridge or a load of stuff she bought herself as an excuse to wank on about her recovery (why on earth would they put six yakults in there for a start), how is it wholesome or worthy of celebrating in any way? Don’t hotels typically charge you an extortionate amount for anything you take from the mini bar, or does she want us to think she’s just sooo special that the hotel gave her a load of juice and yakults for free? To be fair, I’ve never stayed in any particularly fancy hotels. Maybe that is the norm for the types of places our tireless champion of the poor likes to stay in.
Anyway, my Harold saw this on reddit and showed it to me, saying “oh I didn’t know she was an alcoholic” so I got to be like “well well well, gather round and I’ll tell ye a tale” and treated him to a small lecture before he had to ‘reluctantly’ tear himself away and go back to work.
BIB it must have been a bleeping deep puddle she found that in if it is hers cos it is waaaaaay too clean. I have nightmares about opening her fridge door and seeing what alien lifeforms are resident within.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m a bit late with this, but Canned Food UK is blissfully unaware and still pushing the disgusting recipes she did for them a while back. From the engagement, no one’s interested, it seems. When you read the recipe, you’ll see why.

IMG_8540.jpeg

Where to start with this one?

Why is this Sicilian? She’s never been to Sicily. I’ve never known Sicilians to put beer in a dish for starters
ALL ingredients interchangeable in this one
“Measure your onions and peppers into the pan” 🤷‍♀️
Onions and garlic tipped in raw
Sardines which are already cooked are cooked for 30 minutes “until they have turned into flakes” - yet photo shows whole fillets

Tipping the contents of a random selection of tins into a pan for 30 minutes and hoping for the best is not a recipe. I am cringing on behalf of my Sicilian friends that their beautiful island is being associated with this in any way.

Here’s the full “recipe” https://www.cannedfood.co.uk/recipe/sicilian-style-fish-stew-jack-monroe/

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Horse spunk béchamel for colour, emulsify with any jarred oil from fridge (all emulsions are interchangeable, dulux pure brilliant white will do in a pinch) bit of vinegar for tang - if you ask nicely the chippy will let you have the juice from the pickled eggs free.
SHANT

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don't believe she'd still be on Kruger Crowne's books if she wasn't getting bookings.
Had a quick look at their listings. Didn’t make it past early B. So many people! Some of whom I recognise! Do you think they bundle them up? Want Bear Grylls? That comes with a Guest Air[space]fries*.

*t&cs: you agree to guest not understanding the basics of airfrying because she’s not arsed and will tutn up with a backpack of old slops to break your air fryer and set fire to your customers’ kitchens, for which we take no responsibility. Payment in full within 30 days: guest needs sideboards, Adrian needs a holiday. Completed it, mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
ETA to try and make the bleeping smiley face in TLcolonDR duck off. I know how to punctuate, you emoji Nazis!
QMLAN, but I’ve just realised that some dear fraus might think that my little rant there was aimed at some sort of punctuation pedant on here. It wasn’t - it was aimed at the annoying bloody emojis who insert themselves unbidden when you are using a certain sequence of letters and punctuation. Apologies if anyone took offence!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It's mind blowing that in spite of her pathological dishonesty, this is the best and most interesting lie she could come up with.
The yakults have me chuckling 🤣 every hotel I’ve stayed in in the last 10 years easily (though I’ve seen it a lot longer) has had a weighted mini bar so if you take out an item (say, a mini wine bottle) it will charge you the £15 or however much. You accept this as the selection and prices are printed in a little notice somewhere around the fridge or on it itself. I tend to bring my own - it was £4.50 for a can of coke in a hotel just off Westminster bridge recently. My northern upbringing could not 😁

I have never once seen a yoghurt in a mini fridge especially some multipack gut bacteria yoghurt 🤣 it’s usually wine, beer, coke, sprite, OJ, sometimes mini spirits and mini tonics. If you asked for the booze to be removed they’d either just remove it (and set the weight to reflect that) or add more soft drinks (less likely as it’s the same amount of soft drinks you’d get as standard why add more).

Next she’ll be saying the hotel turn down service left her and only her a little chocolate on the pillow for all the good that she does 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.