Jack Monroe #541 First do no honk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear Foxy-v you are of course correct. However, I see you have applied facts and logic, whereas Jack would left things unsaid, or hinted at so then she can pull the “show me whereI said that, pal” zinger.

Reactions: 23
Should also mention here that rural areas suffer as much, if not more than, urban areas from lack of choice, high prices etc, but because there is a lower density of people in rural areas the voices are far fewer and rarely heard above the many in cities and suburbia. If you have to drive a 50 mile round trip to a supermarket such as Tesco, with (if you are lucky) 1 or 2 bus services a week, and/or fuel prices through the roof, where the average salary can be as low as 60% of the national average anyway, and your local shops have far higher prices than the big 4 because they don't have the purchase power and delivery costs are higher due to distance, you are being hammered every which way.

But guset has only ever lived in Sarfend (and for a brief time, The Smoke) and is blissfully unaware of anything outside of her bubble.

Reactions: 36
I just cant fathom where the moneys gone. What does she have to show for it other than crap lip filler? No home, no car, no holidays, allegedly doesn't drink. Something was the trigger for that reckless HH2, some last ditch attempt at something and to me IVF would fit the bill and tick the boxes.

Reactions: 26
Have you looked at food redistribution projects in your area? Sometimes we will get no cheese but at others, three huge blocks or bags of grated cheese. Recently some non dairy camembert iirc. Not tried it yet.

Reactions: 12
Never shop pre-menstrually or you'll end up with a trolley full of carbs and have to go back for actual dinner ingredients.
I’ve been there.

Q: What’s for tea?

A:
1. Ibuprofen
2. Paracetamol
3. Tunnock’s Teacakes
4. Pickled-onion Monster Munch
5. Canned chocolate pudding
6. Instant macaroni as the guilty ‘healthfood’ option.
7. Not Poodles

Reactions: 41
Has no expert ever pulled her up on this absolute whopper of a mistake?
People have mithered about her fucking up her exams because she’s lazy, I put it to you that it’s solely because she is a bit thick (on top of a huge ego).
It still exists in my aneurysm and the wiki, when she is called a fucking idiot by experts she deletes

Reactions: 18
She only wants another if there’s a wealthy/involved daddy. Think she’d do all the baby stuff alone, I don’t think so.

Reactions: 31
Has no expert ever pulled her up on this absolute whopper of a mistake?
People have mithered about her fucking up her exams because she’s lazy, I put it to you that it’s solely because she is a bit thick (on top of a huge ego).
All utilities are interchangeable

Reactions: 15
Tax bill more likely.

Reactions: 29
She’s bought a lot of expensive items, the expensive fridges x 4 or more, Vivienne Westwood clothes, , a billion sideboards at £800 each, 150 spendy lipsticks, plus probably a million items of equally expensive makeup, Waitrose delivery and organic veg boxes, prescription drugs, an expensive dog, £6million of secondhand crockery, new fancy expensive crockery, millions of silver cutlery items, stupid skateboards, fancy watches etc
I can see all that adding up to a LOT.

Reactions: 33
The companies also have a fiduciary duty to their shareholders etc. They can't simply cut prices for the feels. They'd have the courts etc all over them. Capitalism innit. It is the one place where independent shops have an advantage - if they decide that today they will give fruit away to every child who walks past, they don't need to answer to anybody about why they have done that, nor what price they sneakily upped to cover that cost. Yet, we are watching independent shops be wiped out by the big stores and don't realise the huge impact this has on each of us. If one decides to price gouge for example petrol, they all follow suit.

Reactions: 19
Has anyone seen the "girl math" videos on TikTok - I feel like Jack math would be even more impressively convoluted.

Reactions: 11
Have you looked at food redistribution projects in your area? Sometimes we will get no cheese but at others, three huge blocks or bags of grated cheese. Recently some non dairy camembert iirc. Not tried it yet.
Well, I keep an eye on our local Olio app but that mainly redistributes bread and pastries at the end of the trading day. I almost never feel like walking a mile at 10pm to pick up a stale sandwich loaf TBH. I sometimes use other apps that link to local restaurants offering cheap eats at the end of the day.

My local food banks sometimes have fresh produce from local supermarkets or the Felix Project. But I'm not totally on the breadline so I don't use food banks unless I have a crisis (benefits stopped overnight or something) -- they are so stretched already and I can afford the basics of a food bank basket.

On the whole, I'm just tightening my belt like everybody else and hoping it doesn't get worse. Jack has no fucking clue.

Reactions: 27
The spending in the wiko that has been forensically recorded would explain a substantial proportion of where the money has gone. And that is only what we can see. Imagine how much she has spent/wasted on food, spices etc over the last decade, let alone what is in her wardrobes and boxes in the bungaloid that has never been photographed.

Reactions: 25
I know we don't know what she's got squirrelled away in 1 of the accounts she doesn't screenshot aswell but somethings gone very wrong with her forever home plans so I don't think it'd be enough for a cash buy. Could deffo be enough for a fat deposit though. It just seemed like HH2 was for something in particular in a panic with all its extreme detail.

Reactions: 21
I see That Man has the prime 8pm Sunday slot on Channel 4 tonight for his new Mediterranean jollies.

I hope Jack watches every episode peripatetically and forensically and that her insides are made raw by the amount of bile she'll be stirring up. I hope every single minute of it reminds her what a useless, fraudulent irrelevance she is.

Reactions: 22
We like the food redistribution because it’s not free, you do pay for it, you’re not potentially taking food out of the mouth of someone needier from a food bank, and saving food from landfill (potentially). We also don’t get it every single week.
we don’t use olio either as we don’t have a car so same thing as you, I wouldn’t walk far to get it and I’d forget to look at it anyway, probably!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.