Jack Monroe #539 The devil works hard, but portrait mode works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😬when I went back to look for the SPITE-stare screenshots, I encountered this horror show from late Feb 2021 also immortalized by @Silver Linings

On the (only) plus side, for those of you particularly affronted by Jack’s “curries” she’s an equal opportunity destroyer of all “foreign” foods.

If you’re going in for the first time, or if you’ve been here before but have mercifully put it out of your mind be WARNED: Lots of slop, lots of brown, also the words “mushrooms boiled then fried in mayonnaise”.
This is some of the most unappetising tit I have ever seen.
And I'm pretty sure the cola & jackfruit is only there because she'd thought of the "Jack & Coke" name and had to make a dish fit around it.
Also, every pan and bowl in the kitchen? She could sling these in the bin and still have too many pans and bowls to count.
I wish I hadn't seen this after yesterday's Australian brain worm story.

• Sick
Reactions: 31
This looks like the contents of a worm bin with some rotten compost on top.
Why does she always add really disgusting captions to her already disgusting food? Not only do we have to look at some wet brown slime with worms and rotten vegetables in it, we also have to read that she’s “recovering from an infection”, yeah that’s really got my appetite going, thanks for all you do :sick:
Here’s a recipe for some lovely tea for “tummies” (what is she, 5 years old?!) with a side of my week-long shits, regurgitated fictional shrimp and my mum’s IBS
IMG_3217.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
😬when I went back to look for the SPITE-stare screenshots, I encountered this horror show from late Feb 2021 also immortalized by @Silver Linings

On the (only) plus side, for those of you particularly affronted by Jack’s “curries” she’s an equal opportunity destroyer of all “foreign” foods.

If you’re going in for the first time, or if you’ve been here before but have mercifully put it out of your mind be WARNED: Lots of slop, lots of brown, also the words “mushrooms boiled then fried in mayonnaise”.
That’s a nicely cooked egg but has it duck been pickled 😂 it’s got no colour on it at all!
---
As we’ve established secondary is only more common in the southern end of England (maybe also Wales, not sure if we’ve had anyone from Wales chime in) not the whole of the UK. So Jack should still be using it being as she’s from Southend but it’s not an Americanism particularly. Maybe her next incarnation is Northern Jack… tales of how she used to binge in the rovers return and called herself Jack as a tribute to Jack Duckworth incoming!
I’m from the north west and our school was called twit’s Land high school (not really but it had high school after the actual name), re infant/junior school and the older one, we called it primary and secondary.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I sincerely doubt that a piece pf puked-up shrimp in a panellist's hair wouldn't have been noticed - or smelled - by someone on the Question Time staff.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
What boils my onions is that she so often "brands" these concoctions with her own name. How many of her dishes are Jack's this or Mama Jack's that? The egotism of it is astonishing, given that a lot of her food is unpalateable and horrible to look at.
At least the name gives good warning then!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I sincerely doubt that a piece pf puked-up shrimp in a panellist's hair wouldn't have been noticed - or smelled - by someone on the Question Time staff.
I hadn't thought of that before, she would've had a light makeup put on or at least a bit of powder. Then there's being mic'd up as well, it would have been noticeable. Never let the facts get in the way of a tit good story, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
As bleeping IF make-up and hair wouldn't have spotted shrimp in her hair. Oh hang on.... I've found it!

Screenshot_20230830_181347_Snapchat.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Circus clown incoming!! 😂

No seriously, what's she going to "relaunch" as?? She's claimed everything already 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Oh goody, a re-launch.

Shall we start a betting pool as to what?

Also curious about the new agent comment? Adrian isn't that new. Does this mean he's gone and she's got another one?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I always find it interesting what other Frauen think are uncommon/Americanisms because although I know secondary school is how local gov and co refer to it, I never ever hear anyone say that in actual speech, it’s always Our James is off to high school this year, I’m doing the high school application etc

Before they all became academies, almost every school I can think of around my northern parts was X high school or St X high school.

I think you’re up nearer my end Hotes but for the southern/closer to Jack Frauen is that unusual for down your way? If she hadn’t gone to somewhere with high school in the name, would you expect her to say secondary?
My eldest SB goes to X High in the SW. Watermelon. But they weren’t born here. When I was a young thing it was secondary but I think they’ve changed it all because of academies.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.