Jack Monroe #539 The devil works hard, but portrait mode works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm afraid to ask because I gave up trying to keep up with these threads a while ago but did we ever get an explanation as to why she's still in the bungamansion and the BIG MOVE didn't happen? She tweeted that she'd given notice to her "lovely" landlady (she'd moaned about for years) and everything.

I remember the speculation was that she'd actually bought. Do we think it fell through due to new ccjs?
I was a buying truther but now, who the duck knows? If she is staying put then she's obviously keeping quiet about it because she's previously told the world that the bungamansion costs her at least £3,000 a month to run (I think that was even before the rent increase?). If she's staying there long term, it might cause her followers (those with functioning brain stems at least) to wonder how on Earth she's managing on the "paltry freelancer's income" she so loves to wail about.

Reactions: 36
Why would a supermarket manger frequently tell an employee they’d never amount to anything? I don’t believe for one moment that Borbora told Jack she was only good for flipping burgers, but at least teachers are meant to have a certain amount of vested interest in their pupils futures. There’s no earthly reason why a supermarket manager would care about the career prospects of one of their (many) employees. All they’re going to care about is the employee turning up on time and doing the job they’re being paid for, which it is doubtful Jack did.
"You'll never amount to anything" and "don't worry, we'll take her down a peg or two" is just Jack living in Enid Blyton fantasy boarding school world where she's the beautiful smol gymnast dancer who's bullied by the other girls* for being so beautiful and delicate and clever. In her head she lives perpetually in Jackory Towers, if you will

* lumpen thickos to a one, obviously

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
This looks like the contents of a worm bin with some rotten compost on top.
Why does she always add really disgusting captions to her already disgusting food? Not only do we have to look at some wet brown slime with worms and rotten vegetables in it, we also have to read that she’s “recovering from an infection”, yeah that’s really got my appetite going, thanks for all you do :sick:
What boils my onions is that she so often "brands" these concoctions with her own name. How many of her dishes are Jack's this or Mama Jack's that? The egotism of it is astonishing, given that a lot of her food is unpalateable and horrible to look at.

• Sick
Reactions: 37
I know this forum is not about her parents but a while ago someone said they retired from fostering years ago. I was very surprised to hear that on various grounds. Not least that I would have imagined this means they have a large and spacious home with plenty of spare bedrooms and a lot of time on their hands. They must have surely had to put up some really strong boundaries against care-taking guest and the boy!?

I guess she knows she's getting a big inheritance one day and is just acting the fool until one day she really can be Auntie Pat running a B&B?
They adopted two children and have had them since they were very young (babies) so I think that might be why they no longer foster. Despite all the concerns around guset, it does look like (from sm) they are providing a good life for their youngest children. I have wondered if they didn't allow guest to move back home during the poverty in order to protect the younger kids. But that's at odds for me in terms of poor SB. Maybe they offered to take him without guest and she said NO!
---
High school has always been common where I am in Scotland. My 65 year old dad went to high school.
I'm in Scotland too. Its always been high school here since I can remember. My teens school has high school in the title. The medical paperwork like flu vaccine forms refer to it as secondary school though.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
😬when I went back to look for the SPITE-stare screenshots, I encountered this horror show from late Feb 2021 also immortalized by @Silver Linings

On the (only) plus side, for those of you particularly affronted by Jack’s “curries” she’s an equal opportunity destroyer of all “foreign” foods.

If you’re going in for the first time, or if you’ve been here before but have mercifully put it out of your mind be WARNED: Lots of slop, lots of brown, also the words “mushrooms boiled then fried in mayonnaise”.
This particular bowl of horrors always sticks in my mind because it inspired this suitably visceral reaction in @SlopAmbsase

Screenshot_20230830-160010_Chrome.jpg

It takes real talent to make a bowl of ramen look so utterly gruesome.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
What boils my onions is that she so often "brands" these concoctions with her own name. How many of her dishes are Jack's this or Mama Jack's that? The egotism of it is astonishing, given that a lot of her food is unpalateable and horrible to look at.
Very true.
BIB - I suppose it acts as a warning in it's own way 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I always thought this was an age thing rather than regional - I'm from London and would say secondary, and think high school sounds American, ( even though my school had High School in the name) but younger friends from the NW of England say high school so... I'm still on the side of it being a Jack Americanism because she sucks
I went to a high school, graduated in late 90's (watermelon) but friends who lived in the next county who are my age lolled their heads off when I referred to it as that and asked me if I was from Grease haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Mithering more on the prematurely ancient insufferable old fart that was/is guest, did anyone else here constantly use the words “sod” and “sodding” when they were 19-24 years old?

IMG_3210.jpeg

IMG_3211.jpeg
IMG_3212.jpeg
IMG_3213.jpeg
The only person I know in real life who says sodding (as in “oh sodding hell!”) is my 75 year old Dad, and he’s only recently aged into it.

PS: Watch out for those sodding microwaves!
IMG_3214.jpeg
Incidentally, the sodding sugar paper is from a classic in Jack’s Funny Stories. Two of her fascinating early blog posts here, one that shows how cripplingly dull she is, one that shows how absolutely dreadful she is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It's just as well really. It would be a crime to let anyone else take the blame for the vile slops.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
"You'll never amount to anything" and "don't worry, we'll take her down a peg or two" is just Jack living in Enid Blyton fantasy boarding school world where she's the beautiful smol gymnast dancer who's bullied by the other girls* for being so beautiful and delicate and clever. In her head she lives perpetually in Jackory Towers, if you will

* lumpen thickos to a one, obviously
I wonder if it was big brother (who was clearly done with Guest's tit a long time ago) or Papa H who said that to her in a "If you don't study for your exams you'll never amount to anything" kind of way and she's projected it ever since.
---
Here's some Jacks having a small gathering in the crappy bungalow garden.

View attachment 2414379
Who's that wee boy looking out the window of the shitshed?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’m from the north east and we always said secondary (Teesside not Newcastle so that might be a difference). Scottish bloke in the house says High School which gets on our tits and we tell him off for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.