Jack Monroe #539 The devil works hard, but portrait mode works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a frolicking child of long golden summer days and as such, incapable of any admin.
Tra lalalla llaaaaaa

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Sorry ninnies am I missing something or, where it says “extra cheese”… shouldn’t that say “SOME cheese” since up to that point the cheese sauce doesn’t seem to contain any actual cheese?

How is it possible for someone to make a living writing recipe books where the soup recipe’s main ingredient is a tin of soup and the cheese sauce recipe’s main ingredient isn’t cheese?

I’ve typed cheese so many times in the last minute I’m not sure I’ve spelled it right now
To be fair to the Slopdolloper, the cheese is in the full recipe in the link. Vali has pasted snippets into the post. I hesitate to say "highlights" 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Don’t you know she was TOO POOR for Domestic Science?!

ETA spoiler cos it got long with the ss and my ranting at her stupidity. 😂
View attachment 2419307
Luckily her kindly teacher stepped in with a Dolcelatte, walnuts and other “ephemera” (including a bottle of booze for her underage pupil) so Jack could begin creating culinary monstrosities at an early age.
View attachment 2419310
Also “I quietly stopped asking”. As opposed to “I LOUDLY stopped asking”, is it? Stupid language mangling book token prize-dodging fucker.

And yeah, me too and everyone else here with the whole “writing lark” Jack. You know, basically we’ve all just kept on going with the whole writing thing, ever since we all learned how to write. See also “this reading lark”. Amazingly we’ve all been doing “this breathing lark for years!” as well.
View attachment 2419341
FFS she’s just endlessly obsessed with being a special and unique little pixie for doing the most perfunctory things. As someone said last year, I bet she still takes her poos round to Dave and Ev’s house in a potty so Mammy Ev can clap and tell her what a big clever girl she is. bleeping Moron.
The F in Mrs F stands for “Fictitious”

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'd never managed to watch this until now.

I made it two minutes in, when she said that she first heard "The Times They Are A-Changing" but the Tracy Chapman cover when she was first writing her blog but "it's a song that's always had a deep resonance with me" I had to turn it off.

Also I can't stand Billy Bragg, purely because a friend of a friend went to uni with a friend of his stepson 🔺 and apparently he's a nob (*)

(*) Billy, not the stepson. I'm sure the stepson was perfectly nice. Never met the lad.
OMG what did I just see. I bet at least one of the people standing there with their mobiles was texting their friends "I THOUGHT I WAS A BAD SINGER BUT THIS BUSKER IS ABSOLUTE SHITE LOL"

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm shy 🤭...just leave an envelope with used fivers in the fridge with reduced ham at Asda any Asda will do. I have a network of helpers you see. Invisible to the human eye but doing so much good behind the scenes
--
[/QUOQUOTEi handed my brown envelope to
I'm shy 🤭...just leave an envelope with used fivers in the fridge with reduced ham at Asda any Asda will do. I have a network of helpers you see. Invisible to the human eye but doing so much good behind the scenes
---
I handed my envelope of cash to a manager in the Asda , name of Borbora. I hope that's OK. Lin said it's fine
---
I am a frolicking child of long golden summer days and as such, incapable of any admin.
Tra lalalla llaaaaaa
I've got an ouchy shoulder

• Haha
Reactions: 22
OMG what did I just see. I bet at least one of the people standing there with their mobiles was texting their friends "I THOUGHT I WAS A BAD SINGER BUT THIS BUSKER IS ABSOLUTE SHITE LOL"
Careful Frau. You are at risk of falling softly gently into the upside down pumble

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
We need to push on to through to 60+ pages :cool:

The idea of bacon & brie risotto appeals to me. All the ingredients are good. But I'd crisp up the bacon then use as a topping, and chop the brie into little chunks to melt through at end.

Whoever posted the Billy Bragg busking thing - nooooo! I love all Kirsty songs and her cover of New England is arguably superior to his original.

Guest? Any relaunch is going to be epic. Twitter screenshotters, get your rest in.

Totally off topic. Scouse Fraus, there are Twitter rumours of Aki passing. Any goss anyone?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
To be fair to the Slopdolloper, the cheese is in the full recipe in the link. Vali has pasted snippets into the post. I hesitate to say "highlights" 😄
Ah good to know, thanks! I genuinely don’t want to unfairly malign her, there’s enough damning evidence out there already.

Started mentally mithering about an MmmBop remix called CheeseSlop, but when I checked the lyrics I think they’re actually already pretty accurate:

You have so many relationships in this life
Only one or two none of them will last
You They go through all the pain and strife
Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast
Oh yeah
And they're gone so fast, yeah
Oh, so hold on the ones who really care*
In the end they'll be the only ones there
And when you get old and start (pretending you’re) losing your hair
Can you tell me who will still care?
Can you tell me who will still care?
Oh care

CHEESESLOP
duba du bopa
Cheeseslop

*Comments Club

Might have had some wines

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

I have been mithering over her new trajectory. Waitressing is an avenue we havent thought of she could entertain the masses whilst serving edible food. Imagine!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Does anyone have landslide? I feel like tonight is the night. Let’s expose ourselves together
---
More Jack n’ Billy. The wankee does not stand far from the wanker (to paraphrase one of the BEST EVER tattle posts, from @People-huv-tae-know)
Oh good god more?
---
More Jack n’ Billy. The wankee does not stand far from the wanker (to paraphrase one of the BEST EVER tattle posts, from @People-huv-tae-know)
Jesus Christ what has she come as?
---
So the sound engineer disabled her mic. Nice touch early Frau.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Is it just me or does Billy throw some shade when he talks about writing a cooking column?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Fun fact about teenage me...
My uncle was a navy frogman in the 70s and 80s.
At his retirement party his navy mates got him a tshirt with 'Muff Diver' on it. Hilarious.
Unfortunately as a sweet summer child I knew nothing of such filth and up into my adulthood I genuinely thought Muff Diver was some sort of naval rank that he'd reached.
Are you sure you have not misinterpreted this kind and innocent gesture? Perhaps in his retirement your uncle had become a member of the actual Muff (Co. Donegal, Ireland) Diving Club, which helpfully sells a range of logo’ed merchandise? https://www.muffdivingclub.ie/

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
She tried so hard to come on like a rock chick shaking her (crumbly) knee about and straight on the mic. OF COURSE she didn’t realise it wasn’t on and….. it was straight back to shitting dog mode. Oh Jack. Sigh. It never quite works out with your cosplay does it?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
New thread tenderstems!

(it’s Friday night, I’m tipsy, so hopefully haven’t messed it up!)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.