Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know exactly how you feel. At uni, my flat mate had the Yorkshire Kitchen cookbook as her culinary Bible. There were recipes for tongue, kidneys, and one charmingly called Love in Disguise, which was actually stuffed pigs’ hearts 🤮
I had that book, but I only used it for the brawn recipe. 😁

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I understand it's quite a common tactic of confidence tricksters and con artists to throw a veil of confusion and/or complication over what they're doing so as not to be questioned. And then lay emotional manipulation over that. There's a technical term for it, I can't exactly recall it right now.

But it reminds me of prestidigitation or sleight of hand like conjurors use. You know, they distract the audience's attention by waving red cloths around and making big gestures, so the audience is too distracted to notice how they are doing the actual trick.

Those American celebrity pastors do the same kind of thing. You know, the super rich televangelists who con loads of money out of their adoring congregation for private jets and riches, all whilst claiming the money's being used to do the work of God. Even after they get exposed, their congregation refuse to hear a word against them. That's the power of emotional manipulation. In a parallel life, Jack could easily have been one of those pastors.
Televangelist Jack is one identity she's yet to appropriate but it might just work. She could use Greenbelt to launch her sinner-mercy-redemption arc, with handy references to self-harm and substance abuse. A certain demographic might also be susceptible to a reformed lesbian sob story. And there's plenty of shady money flowing into Britain through the anti-abortion crusaders.

Friends, this could be JUST the ticket for a talented con artist wanting to pivot away from the slops to a shiny new grift.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Until she fell out with them, all her recipes are/were costed at Sainsbury’s prices, though she’s “reliably informed” you can get “similar products” to eggs, salt, sugar and cream at “other supermarkets” too. W⚓

View attachment 2288561
Hang on - she has 3 egg yolks in that recipe. WHAT HAS SHE DONE WITH THE WHITES?

The public have a right to know. I can't afford to discard egg whites willy-nilly, or either willy or nilly, for that matter.

And good luck with going into Sainsbury's (or anywhere else, for that matter) and getting them to sell you 28p's worth of stollen etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’ll tell you what, for a famous “campaigner” who’s also done sooooo much good in the form of “fundraising”, the words fundraising and campaign are very, very small in this ss from her blog’s word cloud, especially compared to the words Jack and Monroe. Sums up her true priorities perfectly.
IMG_0799.jpeg
Her alleged “life’s work” of campaigning as much of a priority on her blog as lemon curd, hangovers and herring roe, and mentioned less than garam masala.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Televangelist Jack is one identity she's yet to appropriate but it might just work. She could use Greenbelt to launch her sinner-mercy-redemption arc, with handy references to self-harm and substance abuse. A certain demographic might also be susceptible to a reformed lesbian sob story. And there's plenty of shady money flowing into Britain through the anti-abortion crusaders.

Friends, this could be JUST the ticket for a talented con artist wanting to pivot away from the slops to a shiny new grift.
She's painstakingly, slowly, gently, softly, lovingly copying these ideas into a notebook, onto several sheets of A4 to tape to the walls and onto some wallpaper for future reference.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She's painstakingly, slowly, gently, softly, lovingly copying these ideas into a notebook, onto several sheets of A4 to tape to the walls and onto some wallpaper for future reference.
Hey Jack -- I'm available for business planning / life coaching. Fees negotiable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ll tell you what, for a famous “campaigner” who’s also done sooooo much good in the form of “fundraising”, the words fundraising and campaign are very, very small in this ss from her blog’s word cloud, especially compared to the words Jack and Monroe. Sums up her true priorities perfectly. View attachment 2288629Her alleged “life’s work” of campaigning as much of a priority on her blog as lemon curd, hangovers and herring roe, and mentioned less than garam masala.
Why did I read that to the tune of Born Slippy?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I had that book, but I only used it for the brawn recipe. 😁
There’s one called The Pauper’s Cookbook (old Penguin I fink) which is really fun to read but very reminiscent of a Bastille jailtower cuisine.
---
Why did I read that to the tune of Born Slippy?
And look at me fish curry
Squatting sad in a sauce-
Ill at Tottenham Court Road
I just come out of The Kitchen
Talking to the most
Blonde curry I ever met
Shouting for
Garam masala masala masala
Shouting
Shouting...
Shouting
Not this mega mega white thing
Mega mega white thing
Mega mega white thing
So many things to eat and do
In the kitchen true

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Did she ever present a shopping list with recipes for a whole week, where it’s not the price per g but the actual price? She’s infuriating. It’s thoughtless and stupid. If I had to plan it it would be well buy buy these ingredients, it costs x for the whole bag so here’s ways to use that ingredient all week. Everything she does is such bullshit. It hurts me to think of people not able to eat, or eating very poorly and I want to smack her for the tit she’s suggested. We don’t all have three smegs and infinity freezers. What an absolute waste of electricity for starters.

why should a single person run that many appliances? It’s foul.
She's said that she keeps her DMs open despite all the supposed abuse because she gets a stream of meal plan requests from desperate homeless single mothers and political prisoners. I can't remember her actually ever showing us any of those plans, though, let alone any advice from her on how to go about building one of your own.

Which is a pity, because it's something that plenty of people struggle with - especially if they're not particularly confident in the kitchen, or are working with a limited budget.

Mind you, I'm not sure how much any advice from guest would actually be worth, given that she seems to fetishize food that's at the point of spoilage rather than trying to use it when it's at its best.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Either that or a visit to Mandy off This Country

I was literally about to post this! Jack’s skeleton tattoo makes me hoot every time it’s posted. It’s the melting arse cheek that does it for me. I reckon she feeds the tattoo artists slop before each session and she ends up with wonky lines because they keep stopping to clutch their stomachs in agony.

Got a right jump scare on Facebook this morning.

IMG_5014.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Experience the healing* Truth to Power of our Saviour and Profit Prophet, Creflo Poundshop: worship now with the congregation of the Georgia Church Sloppers**.

*Miracles not guaranteed.
**All donations compulsory.

• Haha

I agree. She’d be in heaven with this-imagine the singing & I’d be expecting some poetry homilies, ranting from the pulpit & a lefty vicarage with a cluttered kitchen, hydrangea & housekeeper. No need for any AA meetings to suck attention when you can have bible reading discussions with Sister Guest regaling the congregation with her woes. It’s made for her.
---
I’ll tell you what, for a famous “campaigner” who’s also done sooooo much good in the form of “fundraising”, the words fundraising and campaign are very, very small in this ss from her blog’s word cloud, especially compared to the words Jack and Monroe. Sums up her true priorities perfectly. View attachment 2288629Her alleged “life’s work” of campaigning as much of a priority on her blog as lemon curd, hangovers and herring roe, and mentioned less than garam masala.
I bet pepper is bold in the p’s

• Haha
Can anyone explain what these bits are pls, I can’t make any sense of it…is the skeleton meant to be a serpent?? Or is it an alien? It’s hideous either way and I cannot get my head round why tf anyone would want this on their skin, let alone allow a child to see it 🚩🤮
B93D1535-F492-41AD-AF08-D1D81943BE63.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Can anyone explain what these bits are pls, I can’t make any sense of it…is the skeleton meant to be a serpent?? Or is it an alien? It’s hideous either way and I cannot get my head round why tf anyone would want this on their skin, let alone allow a child to see it 🚩🤮
View attachment 2288843
I thought it was meant to be like the bone decorations in the capuchin crypts in Rome. It's not everyone cup of tea so I won't post an image

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.