Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nice to see SB was able to finally put down his stick and hoop and collection of peg dolls and indulge in some more fitting tween boy activities like (checks notes) reading articles about how to decorate your house like a billionaire. That's definitely conventional reading for a boy that age. My nephews couldn't get enough of Architectural Digest at 11.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I too might be a bit pissed off if guest were honking away to all and sundry about how she'd had her eye on my kitchen for years and now IT'S HERS
That kitchen is causing me some anxiety. Mine is like a pig midden at the moment because I've been ill but I couldn't live like that permanently.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
So she can be strengthened and encouraged by the worshipful offerings of the many fans whose lives she has saved, of course. The bigger question is why she thought that tupperware full of equine ordure was a good choice of foreground.
---

The phrase ' My oddball child insisted on 'taking a film of you Mama'. ' is making me angrier than it probably should. Poor, poor SB.
Me too. Let's hope 'oddball' is a another word that she doesn't understand.

The only oddball in that situation is her for a/filming himself doing that and b/making up a story about it.

Reactions: 21
She's a strange character. More about the drama than the cooking. I would also cringe myself inside out if I had such a drastic Twitter account and all those socks and then go to festivals trying to act like an adult and give other people advice. Bizarre

Reactions: 18
Yes, thank(space)you. I hate reading 'just taking a seat!'or 'just parking!'
comments for the first two pages of a new thread.

Also, about the alleged Emin, she said the story was a wild ride but all it was was her cooking something then her friend gave her a drawing?

That was neither wild nor a ride, Jack 'Training Wheels' Munroe.

Add that to the list. 🤡

ETA 🥕
F

Haahaaaa joking
---
there's so much going on here... the hashtags... the "keynote"... the idea that standing on your tiptoes to do anything is some kind of maverick, revolutionary act... the affiliate link... 😭😭😭 SUFFRAGETTEISH! this is absolutely BONKERS! thankspaceyou for sharing
I see 90s baby lesbian removing piercings and rolling down sleeves to return home for Christmas

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
The key to understanding guest, from the bitterness despite the free money and undeserved platform, to the beggy selfies, to the cringe attention seeking online oversharing, to the assertions that she is/was a dancer/model/singer/poet, is remembering that she never wanted to be famous as a cook, she just wanted to be famous, but that was the 1 that stuck. She struck lucky on a new growing platform that prioritises the personal (twitter) and fitted well with the Cameron years austerity convo and there was a time she was popular and lauded and she's spent the last few years desperately chasing that again. I really think she thought cookery books was just her foot in the door for better offers and real celebrity- tv presenting, being 1 half of a sleb meeja couple, acting, maybe even fronting a band. But her careers gone down the bog faster than her pina colada bread. Hence the inexplicable rage despite her cushy life and her insistence that she's an establishment threat and persecuted by the right. She has to believe it's dark forces that have thwarted her and not her own glaring lack of talent, crap character and perpetual cry arsing.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Have to say, I've never seen a clip of Gordon Ramsay sharpening a knife in such a haphazard way. Probably because he knows what he's doing- Jack probably just made hers worse. Her son stays awfully quiet in those clips doesn't he? (Yeah, I know she's using a tripod and he wasn't even in the same postcode as her)

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Gawd, Leggy's kitchen gives me even worse heebies than Jack's but you can see that Jack is absolutely trying to emulate the look of this in her own place.
I don’t like Leggy’s kitchen at all, it makes me itchy, but there’s a clear logic to it. There’s nothing inexplicable in there and the random bits of paper and photos are almost all well away from the cooking area, plus it might be cluttered but it doesn’t look grubby. Jack’s version has missed out the actual point, which is to have everything you might need to hand, and instead has gone for a metric tonne of useless crap.

Reactions: 35
I had an online mate who hated her micro pricing of ingredients and would challenge her btl every time guest had a recipe article in the Graun. At the time I couldn't care less about her but I did find it amusing.
I wonder if he's here?
Jay Rayner does go btl sometimes and was once modded under his own article.
My Graun days are long gone but RIP Dawn Foster.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Nice to see SB was able to finally put down his stick and hoop and collection of peg dolls and indulge in some more fitting tween boy activities like (checks notes) reading articles about how to decorate your house like a billionaire. That's definitely conventional reading for a boy that age. My nephews couldn't get enough of Architectural Digest at 11.
This is so typical of Jack. Who else would turn to that august arbiter of taste, The Sun, for inspo for aspirational interiors? Aims for Sloane Street, hits Benefits Street.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The key to understanding guest, from the bitterness despite the free money and undeserved platform, to the beggy selfies, to the cringe attention seeking online oversharing, to the assertions that she is/was a dancer/model/singer/poet, is remembering that she never wanted to be famous as a cook, she just wanted to be famous, but that was the 1 that stuck. She struck lucky on a new growing platform that prioritises the personal (twitter) and fitted well with the Cameron years austerity convo and there was a time she was popular and lauded and she's spent the last few years desperately chasing that again. I really think she thought cookery books was just her foot in the door for better offers and real celebrity- tv presenting, being 1 half of a sleb meeja couple, acting, maybe even fronting a band. But her careers gone down the bog faster than her pina colada bread. Hence the inexplicable rage despite her cushy life and her insistence that she's an establishment threat and persecuted by the right. She has to believe it's dark forces that have thwarted her and not her own glaring lack of talent, crap character and perpetual cry arsing.
I would agree with this, and not only does she not have a talent for cooking but she is actually really bad at it.

Obviously there’s the standard guest trait of always having to have something “out there” to say / having to buck the trend which comes out in her “cooking” but even so after doing it for years and producing numerous cookbooks surely you would, even without really trying, become at least competent at it.

Bizarrely there is a complete lack of grasping even the basics of flavour combinations, seasoning and the cooking process. If most people tried their hand at ANYTHING for the amount of time she’s been “cooking” they would end up getting pretty good at it. How on earth is she still such an amateur?

Reactions: 31
Gawd, Leggy's kitchen gives me even worse heebies than Jack's but you can see that Jack is absolutely trying to emulate the look of this in her own place.
Leggy only gets away with it because she’s posh, if a working class chef (not Jack) was pictured in an identical kitchen they’d get a tit ton of flack and sarky mentions in the article about how hoarder they were and what a mess it was.

Reactions: 32
She cannot cook. She cannot write. She cannot parent. She cannot hold down a job. She cannot form friendships. She cannot maintain relationships. She cannot manage her finances. She is void. The complete absence of positive qualiities and discernible skils. VOID.
She's brilliant at emotional manipulation. I'm serious. It's a skill. Not a very pro-social one, but a skill nevertheless. She managed to spin 6 months of being cash strapped into approx a decade of minor fame and fortune, complete with book deals and Patreon. So don't knock it.

And she might be at it still, if it weren't for that pesky HH2.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
New Frau here, been lurking for some months so bit the bullet and joined. I’m definitely not Jack as I have a job, a conscience and a well-developed sense of shame. And an OH who hasn’t LEFT. And children who live with me.

Only posting as that knife ‘sharpening’ video is absolutely one of my aneurysms and I’m now having to go and rage eat the punnet of strawberries* in my fridge (which is definitely switched on) 🤬

*obvious proof right there that I’m not Jack, as if I were, I’d probably top them with tuna and cornflakes then blend them into a slop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
The lack of logic is astounding even with that. Why did she think she was going to be half of a well known celebrity couple with Leggy or Louisa - they're both wealthy, respected in their fields, and get featured in the press but they aren't really famous. If she wanted that lifestyle she should have been dating a reality TV star or something. If she wanted to get into TV presenting, why didn't she make it a priority (rather than an afterthought) to get some training and experience in? Make the most of Leggy/Louisa's connections? And most of all watch her public image and keep track of what lies she tells

Reactions: 24
She's always so self conscious when cooking. She was like that on DKL when doing a demonstration. This running from counter to counter grabbing things trying to look professional. I always thought on DKL it was also a method of deflecting having to talk about what she was doing. Just standing still looking at the camera meant having to explain what she was doing, and as we all know she generally had absolutely no clue.
Like many narcs, she's nothing if not an imitator. But she gets it wrong. The dashing about and head wrap are probably inspired by her observation of Leggy busy in the kitchen at Blackfoot. But also typically of a narc, Jack forgot that surface is one thing and substance quite another - the substance being that Leggy can cook and Jack can't.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Meh, I don't believe her son vapes. She said it on QT to be part of the QT popular gang/sniff Jess Phillips' butt. Without that HILAAAAARIOUS anecdote of "found one in his blazer" (wow did SHE laugh at that, espesh when Fiona said she'd outed her son and friends on live TV) she would have had no real-life poor-me story to tell. I fully believe it was a lie, in so much as I also believe she herself doesn't vape unless she's forced to (ie green room/backstage of events) or if she's run out of cigarettes and is in hiding from the paps can't be arsed to go to the shop.
She has a vape in her hand astride big Dave cannon

Reactions: 17
Looking at Leggy's kitchen evokes a sensation of when you pick up an old worse-for-wear roasting tin out the back of a cupboard, that wasn't quite washed up properly last time it was used, and it's got that slight greasy texture to it

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.