Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Jack is definitely planning something with this delete-a-thon. Does anyone else think she's going for a total rebrand and will come back as Melissa Hadjicostas, everything will be greek/Cyprus themed, she'll have heartwrenching stories of finding her identity in the chaos of her pain? She'll keep the Jack Monroe stuff on the side cos obv it's a nice little earner, saying she can't turn her back on her needy followers, but she probably realises her poverty 'niche' is over - there are way too many of us now pointing out the lies.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
'I miss Edinburgh' 🤣 She went to Edinburgh and spent 3 or 4 days photographing food on a small table in her hotel room. What the fuck am I missing?

• Haha
Reactions: 58

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Her mum seems to have a skill for making my heart pang - “I won’t be greedy” 😥
I feel really sorry for her mum. But I can’t be trusted with things like that because my mum passed away a long time ago and my instant reaction is “why is your mum having to tweet you to tell you she’s ill and ask you to bring her food?” and think “if my mum was alive I wouldn’t be like that...” but it does strike me as odd. Why is she speaking to her by tweet - has she been texting/phoning Jack and not getting an answer? Or is it a similar characteristic to Jack (letting people know she’s ill too). Either way, it makes me sad that a mum has to ask her daughter for help via Twitter

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

Pocahontas

VIP Member
On her bookshelves, I’m finding ‘The Joy of Work’ and ‘How to Succeed with People’ particularly amusing.

I wonder if she conducts zoom meetings in front of them like all the academics / politicians when they’re interviewed on the news.

Don’t cast me out, fellow gossip mavens, but I really like, nay, LOVE that Christmas bird wreathy thing. It appeals to me, greatly. Nggggghhhhhgggghhhnnn.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

MooBelle

VIP Member
She's acting as though she spent an idyllic childhood in Cyprus before she was dramatically exiled to Southend. Double mention of lemons fresh from the tree too, interesting for someone so invested in not actually ever cooking with them.
Oh god. I called this yesterday. She's finally remembered an idyllic childhood in Cyprus THAT SHE'S NEVER FUCKING MENTIONED BEFORE. She really is a twat

• Haha

Tabitha D

VIP Member
Her house is beautiful and full of lovely and expensive things, don't think I've ever read anyone say otherwise..except for Jack..
It’s very spacious. Period place - Edwardian or 1930’s by the look of it. Very nice part of town. Two floors. Two bathrooms, apparently. One of which we’ve seen - all marble flooring, huge bathtub, wall-mounted TV. At least three bedrooms. Pretty large, at least one can accommodate a king size bed with lots of space left over. Little nooks and crannies everywhere - space for writing desks, libraries and whatnot. A spacious dining room that has been converted into a studio for filming. A storage room where she kept her filming stuff (we have seen pics of a (yet another) Cotswold Co cabinet where she kept backgrounds for the photography etc.). A photography room. A spacious kitchen. A large garden with outdoor shed. The pics we have seen show lavish decoration and furniture - Cotswold Co (multiple items), Smegs, leather chairs, etc. etc. etc.
To most people, it would be a dream house.

• Heart
  • Wow

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I'm going to sound mean (again) but I'm not sure I feel sorry for her mum: I think the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree, there.

I have so rarely seen a post from her that wasn't an attempt to incite pity - now where have we seen that before? 🤔

She isn't in the public eye so much, nor pleading perpetual poverty, so as kind-hearted humans we're inclined to feel sympathy. However, I'm of the opinion that Jack has seen that her mum got extra attention from her dad when ill, and saw this as an effective tactic in her public life.

I'm sure both of them have life-affecting conditions, but I know plenty of people who do and they don't bleat on about it constantly. Two peas in a pod, as far as I'm concerned.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Just searched her @ and David Walliams and she appears to have deleted all of those tweets 🤔 maybe a cease and desist email was part of her million ignored messages.

Incidentally that whole Walliams mess was less than 20 days ago. How exhausting it must be to be her.

• Wow
  • Haha

MancBee

VIP Member
Hmmm I dunno I’m getting some pass agg vibes off Eve’s tweet. If that’s the case then I feel for Jack, it’s hard to be on the receiving end of that in public.
Who the hell has a private conversation like that on any SM platform. Wouldn't it have been easier to have a quick phone call to ask, "can you pick some of those up for me when you are next in ASDA?" (COOP or Sainsbury's do similar too). Or she could have had a giggle and asked "can you cook me some of those?" She could have just done a text message if she was BUSY.

I agree there are undercurrents of animosity between Jackie and her mum. Surely they would be in daily contact by phone/facetime etc during a pandemic. Both of them are supposed to be at risk, so if they cared for each other they would make time for each other.

I speak to my sister daily, just to make sure things are OK (she is in an at risk group too), and to assure her I am doing OK. We have a normal relationship where we care about, and for, each other. We do not have private conversations via a public forum for all to see.

Everything about JM relationships with family and other people is strange.

About my shoe adoration.
I think I sounded like a bit of a wanker saying I had a display cabinet with them in. I didn’t mean to be braggy. They were bought in a very unhappy marriage when we had quite a lot of disposable income. Very different to now. I used buying stuff to try to squash my sadness and make myself feel better. It doesn’t work of course. When ex-H moved out, they cane out into the light because I wanted my house and bedroom to have stuff that was me, have stuff I lived in it. Not to just be a lonely place that lacked character.
I still love them I still think they are beautiful. I still have my favourites but I did sell half of them because it would have been stupid not to.
I’m sorry if I sounded like a wealthy twat. I’m anything but.
Well, I’m a twat sometimes. Just not rich.

• Heart
  • Haha

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
I think people find comfort in infantilising themselves, it's both a regression to a simpler time and also a product of a capitalist society which babies us in order to make us feel that we are in need of more stuff to evoke that sense of bliss last experienced in the womb. You've only got to look at Innocent smoothies with their stupid wooly hat campaign, or the utterly ridiculous signage in the bathrooms of Virgin trains about not "flushing your ex's sweater or your hopes and dreams" down the toilet to see that we're being coddled into finking we are wickle and helpless.
This is just *chef Putin's kiss gif* - sometimes fraus get it so bang on I'm quite sad we're not all pals in real life.

Jack wants gauche romances eh? Going out on a limb and say she was (in Jack parlance) today years old when she learned that word cos it's in a Taylor Swift lyric on folklore 🤣

Today I saw my best friend for the first time in almost five months and I swear to god Jackie came up ORGANICALLY (unlike her supermarket vine leaves) when talking about recipe books. It was not good news fraus - my oldest and dearest friend said she LIKED JACK MONROE. Of course I immediately had to pour more wine and set the record straight. Luckily her liking of JM doesn't appear to run deep so it was quite an easy conversion. Phew!

• Haha
  • Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
I am all about DMs even in my 30s. I don't care what people think. I love them
I'm sixty next birthday and I love my DMs. I do have (diagnosed by a consultant rheumatologist, not a GP 😉) arthritis is my feet and have already had one joint fusion so I can only wear 'comfy' shoes. So, I thought that, if I have to wear granny shoes, they're going to be bloody funky granny shoes and I started building my collection of DMs (and Fitflop boots, shoes, slippers and slides). I'm a 5 1/2 and that's the largest size in DMs Youth sizing, so I can sometimes get them cheap - the best ones I have are black with glow in the dark skeleton feet on them and glow in the dark soles. At work, people often check to see which ones I'm wearing today!

• Heart

BettyShoop

This thread has made me finally give up the Patreon account I have with a writer who hardly posts. (Thanks Jack!)

I'll celebrate with three Greggs (vegan) sausage rolls.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

MrsOgre

VIP Member
Hi all, I took some time away from our JM (every time I write that it makes me think JUST ME which just about sums her up tbh) as I was finding her too intense and draining mentally.
Plus my Dr is trying to persuade me to get in touch with the mental health team, where I live you have to self refer and I physically can't ring them or talk on the phone so MH has gone right down. Whilst also awaiting special neuropsychology help. Along with my various tics and twitches deciding to play up, so I now have a cup with a lid on after far too many drinks being chucked over myself🙄🤣
Along with having a flare up of one of the many actual diagnoses I have (I'm like a vampire burning under light 🙄, triangulate that one Jack). Anyway I'm going to stay in this thread rather than reading much into the past ones.. I'm sure JM has more identities and side to her than a rubix cube. Gah! Love to @MrsOgre and hope you're feeling well @MancBee plus anyone else that needs it today. Right need to make a cuppa and going to read this thread.
Thank you prawny and to everyone else thinking of me too, I'm dipping in and out mainly on the ptwm threads but have been briefly over here, I see there is another new thread now but not going to see what I've missed yet🤦‍♀️ let me guess it's Jack being her usual wacky chaos self.
I've been prescribed antidepressants but haven't got them yet, hopefully can start tomorrow. its been a huge bonus to have a gp actually listen to me and am feeling a bit better, I've been in a terrible state lately and realised it's the best thing to back off from Jack for a bit. Can't get talking therapy yet, they won't do telephone counselling with me as my ptsd is so complex but hoping medication will help in the meantime.
I'm going to try and catch up soon but I'm not pressuring myself to do so.

• Heart
Reactions: 54