Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
DMs are THE BEST. They go with everything and they last forever! I also have a pair of biker boots that will need to be pried from my cold, dead feet.

Happy Friday, fraus :)
Because my feet have grown (pregnancy, weight etc) I no longer fit into my old Uni DMS. Luckily my daughter has decided she needs to wear them. 15 year old in DMs from the late 80s. She makes me proud (sometimes :cool: )

• Heart
Reactions: 33
She's acting as though she spent an idyllic childhood in Cyprus before she was dramatically exiled to Southend. Double mention of lemons fresh from the tree too, interesting for someone so invested in not actually ever cooking with them.
Oh god. I called this yesterday. She's finally remembered an idyllic childhood in Cyprus THAT SHE'S NEVER bleeping MENTIONED BEFORE. She really is a twit

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Jack gave the impression in her JO twitter rant that she had insider knowledge (Louisa) that her name was “in the ring” for the carry on cooking show
I would take this with a pinch of salt. I worked with someone who became a Channel 4 commissioning editor (this is a bit ago) and yes, they have influence and make decisions, but it's also in committee. They are group decisions and a commissioning editor would not give their partner a show just like that. The editor I knew had worked in TV for a long time - freelance, plus short-term contracts - and when she got the editor gig she said it's the first time she can actually get a mortgage and have some financial stability. She loved her work - but it's a paranoid industry and for her it was a big relief to get a permanent role. And Channel 4 is still seen as the cool station to work for, full of upper-MC editors and producers. So, I don't know Louisa's background - but if it's anything like how it was when I knew TV, Louisa is going to be very careful, very professional and not make any stupid decisions because of her personal life. Maybe that's why she walked out - she may have seen Jack as being a liability in the future and affecting her reputation in the industry.

And on the topic of TV, people in the media ALL know about Tattle. It's like Popbitch was a few years ago. So once someone gets a shady reputation and people see what the public say about them on forums like this, they are going to be wary of hiring. IMO that's why Jack's TV career will never take off.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
She's acting as though she spent an idyllic childhood in Cyprus before she was dramatically exiled to Southend. Double mention of lemons fresh from the tree too, interesting for someone so invested in not actually ever cooking with them.
The motherland??? bleeping hell, not enough eye roll emojis for this

• Haha
Reactions: 33
W
Omg I’ve been meaning to ask you this because I’ve picked up ~vibes from your posts before - south London?

Also Irish and agree with everything said here, it’s very... peak white entitlement the way a lot of people mask wear. BAME people don’t have the privilege of being able to do that so suffer systemic injustices associated with being XYZ, it’d be obscene for JM to adopt yet another new identity to get paying work as part of the new world order, thus depriving someone who’s actually had to work against the grain. But she doesn’t care she needs money to spend!
Was just thinking that that " white people" with multicultural backgrounds can pick and choose who they want to be this week, yet there is people fighting, dying and leaving their homes to try and get into a country so they can live/ provide a living for their families. They don't want to leave their heritage behind but sometimes have to in order to be taken seriously.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Babe, same. I just have to look at clothes to make them crumple and take on a sack like appearance.

I do love trainers though, but am more a Converse/Vans (preferably with nerdy designs on them) woman. My sister bought me my own customised Vans for my 40th birthday, I treasure them and wear them for special occasions. I am currently trying to decide whether these beauties are appropriate footwear for a woman in her early 40s.*

*Well, not really. More can I justify £60 on a pair of trainers at a financially precarious time.
GET THEM ! They are great. I’d wear them and I’m lots older than you. Do the “cost per wear” idea, ie if you wear them lots you “reduce” the cost, if you don’t wear them much then they are expensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Omg I’ve been meaning to ask you this because I’ve picked up ~vibes from your posts before - south London?

Also Irish and agree with everything said here, it’s very... peak white entitlement the way a lot of people mask wear. BAME people don’t have the privilege of being able to do that so suffer systemic injustices associated with being XYZ, it’d be obscene for JM to adopt yet another new identity to get paying work as part of the new world order, thus depriving someone who’s actually had to work against the grain. But she doesn’t care she needs money to spend!
This! Thank you, that's basically what my weird little brain was thinking but I couldn't get it into words. As a white person with a native english accent (no matter how 'rough' she says it is), she can pick up and discard the Greek identity whenever she wants. For BAME people who are first, second, third and beyond gen, they cannot do this. When my friends are told to go back to their own country they're like... I was born here? And so were my parents and grandparents?

I don't doubt her Greek name may have caused prejudices with job apps and stuff. But let's be real, she's a white, middle class British person from the south of England. The troubles she may have come up against are relatively minor.

Also I wear Nike Air Maxes but not the vapourwave ones I'm not cool or young enough for that 😂Plain coloured Nike Air Force 1s and Air Max represent!

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Nah, north of the river! I love the differences with the areas of london and how you can usually tell what part people are from! I grew up with the west london lot being rita ora & maquita oliver types, east london pre-gentrification, north londoners keeping to themselves & south being lairy AF 😂 and i was a mix of two of them!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Tbh I don’t think she cares much for the traditions or the fellowship, she’s been paid (by the guardian) to publish some really outright detrimental stuff before.

If I went to 4/5 meetings in a week, I’d hear about getting your feelings back being a blessing & a curse at least 3/4 times, there’s a lot of slogans that get chucked around that she has suddenly discovered at 19 months (ignoring the 0.6% ABV beer and various relapses).

Sorry to be savage but honestly she is a ghoul. What she did with that poorly kitten was vile, how she wasn’t in a constant state of panic is beyond me and shows a real detachment from humanity. Continuing to use AA as branding 🙄🙄🙄

I hope “her sponsor” suggests amends for that ghastly guardian article, she didn’t seem to want to answer any of my questions on it when she came round here did she. Wonder why!
Oh yeah I totally get that you hear that slogan about getting your emotions back in meetings A LOT, but you also hear it in the context of the entire meeting which will (hopefully!) be mainly focussed on the benefits of sobriety. For Jack to rip it out of context and post it on Twitter is abusing the spirit of the Traditions and not helpful the still suffering alcoholic imo.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Her 'motherland' comment made me chuckle. Shes from southend ffs. Im second gen Irish, my mum will always call ireland home. I lived in ireland for a while as a teen but was born and raised in london. I wouldnt call ireland the motherland ffs 😂

43 here 🤡
First time my size 41 feet have me feeling dainty 😂😘

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Fully expecting an awkward B+W X-factor audition Jackie cover of Natalie Merchant's 'Motherland' with a B-Side of TayTay's 'Exile' incoming soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
First time my size 41 feet have me feeling dainty 😂😘
Honestly, I wish I could walk into a shop and pick up a pair of shoes and be able to try them on. Instead, i have to order online or whisper to the assistant for a size 9 from the mens section 😭😂 the few high street places that stock my size cheat and label their 9s as 42 😒 fuckers.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
So once someone gets a shady reputation and people see what the public say about them on forums like this, they are going to be wary of hiring
Including being able to see here JMs demented deleted tweets, porkies and rants.

Reactions: 6
Honestly, I wish I could walk into a shop and pick up a pair of shoes and be able to try them on. Instead, i have to order online or whisper to the assistant for a size 9 from the mens section 😭😂 the few high street places that stock my size cheat and label their 9s as 42 😒 fuckers.
I am 5"11and a size 9. 😅 I can comfortably wear my husband shoes and vice versa. Not that I have any heels to be worried 😅😅😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hmmm I dunno I’m getting some pass agg vibes off Eve’s tweet. If that’s the case then I feel for Jack, it’s hard to be on the receiving end of that in public.
To be honest I thought it was just a bit of light hearted banter. The sort of thing you’d write if you had a bit of a cold and you said to someone ‘I’m very very poorly, I need cake’

I honestly don’t think her mum is on her deathbed craving vine leaves. I could be wrong 🤷🏼‍♀️ The co-op mezzee stuff is quite nice:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
(reader, there were quite some links between my mum's lineage and my dad's...)
This made me HOOT. MrFriday and I only lived 15 miles apart when we met, him in the city and I in the country. His dad is doing their family tree and there appears to be some links.... like 140 years ago but still! I thought I was extending the gene pool by breeding out with the wee town I grew up in but apparently not!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I’m reminded of someone I used to go to school with, I forgot about her for a while actually. Anglicised her Iraqi name, died hair blonde, (she had green eyes so once the hair was blonde she looked white), never mentioned their dad, never mentioned their heritage or family at all. This was in a very diverse and liberal part of London btw, and lots of our other school friends had no option of ‘disguising’ their heritage. The only reason I knew anything about it was because we lived very close to one another, and our parents were pally. Cut to age about 37, I get a follow request on Instagram from a ‘Persian Mama’ and lo and behold, it’s that twit! All about solidarity with their people, calling herself a woman of colour (still blonde and green eyed), and still with a name that’s not far off something like Jane Jones. Her Iraqi name was actually very pretty. Never heard a peep on Facebook when I used to use it, about the Iraqi war, or refugee crisis - none of that. Just what a load of bollocks. I can understand that external influences can pressure someone to feel they need to conform, and change who they are in order not to feel singled out. But don’t be popping up years down the line pretending you’ve lived an experience of an immigrant or ‘foreigner’ when you’ve essentially pretended not to be for 30-40 years!

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Heritage cosplay in full swing I see

I favour New Balance trainers mostly, or discontinued Nike downshifter 6 for exercise, all of which I get from ebay. Would love some Asics Gel Lytes though. I used to wear DMs exclusively but I found in recent years I wore through them very fast and the soles are now too thin for my fussy feet. Last year Primark did a DM rip off type boot with a thick sole which I was v impressed with.
My friend described my dress sense as if someone had blasted clothes onto me with a gun :LOL: I am inclined to agree with this hahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I am 5"11and a size 9. 😅 I can comfortably wear my husband shoes and vice versa. Not that I have any heels to be worried 😅😅😅😅
I used to borrow my brothers trainers when i was younger as he was the same size. I gave up on heels, i live in vans & converse now!

Reactions: 13
No, I make you right, she is triggering and I think deliberately so (just an opinion m'lud)
SPOILER ED (the 3 dots aren't working for some reason!)
I had issues with food up until my 30s (when I started therapy) My mother is a narcissist and just pure evil. My NM hates overweight people. I mean HATES them. When I was a kid she would put me on diets and basically starve me. I'm tall and broad shouldered (old fashioned term would be 'big boned) She used to go off on manic rages and her face would contort with venom and she'd scream in my face for what seemed like hours, spitting with rage. Like all NMs, a child is just an extension of themselves and because she considered me fat, she would blame me for making her look bad.
Of course i wasn't fat, if anything i was malnourished. Probably also why i didn't get my periods until I was older. My meals were also smaller than my brother's and she used to love making fun of me at the dinner table.
As a result i used to steal and hoard food. I actually used to stuff myself until i was sick.
When people (in this case JM) make light of things like this it is extremely upsetting and my ptsd is triggered.
I am getting better and learning to deal with my ptsd and i no longer have food issues. I genuinely love cooking and feeding people. I'm not a great cook, but what i cook is 100% done with love. As many have said before, JM does not like food. Or cooking. Or feeding people. It is actually uncomfortable to read one of her 'recipes'. That's why i think yesterday's greek offerings were HILARIOUS. It looked nice! It looked like some effort had been made!! You don't have to be sn expert to see its been bought from a shop. No handmade falafels/dolmades are that uniform in shape ffs!!

Sorry for the essay Fraus. My normal snippy posts will return momentarily...
I'm so sorry you went through this moobelle, and i am glad things are better for you now. My mum is a narc too, so I relate v strongly.
I think jack's mum's posts give me an uncomfortable feeling for that reason. I see them as passive agressive and unpleasant, because that is what i expect from my own mum, whereas others may see them and feel bad for her, as their experience is that mums are loving.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.