Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My breakfast waffle when we got off the train this morning was more the €11. Jack is going to sue me isnt she

Reactions: 16
She really must be barmier than previously imagined if she thinks for one millisecond anyone would take her squeaking 'I'll sue you! I've got a lawyer!' remotely seriously

Reactions: 44
This is what always confuses me, we know she has birthmarks on her legs because it was verified by Mama E in a Facebook comment but you can never see it in pics (ok could be photoshopped) but also she’s had videos of her legs and you can’t see it those either - and I don’t think she’s good enough at editing to edit it out of a video.

Are they all (incl her family) making a massive fuss out of something that’s actually tiny and barely noticeable? If it was enough for presumably NHS laser treatment at GOSH I’d expect it to be blatantly obvious tbh but it really doesn’t seem to be.

ETA: tbh I wouldn’t really consider a birthmark on your leg to be a disfigurement anyway unless it’s truly extreme and I think we can be fairly confident Jack’s isn’t based on what we’ve seen of her legs. The one she apparently had on her face that laser treatment got rid of probably fits in that category because face stuff is way more sensitive but I’ve never considered my back disfigured just because I’ve got a biggish birthmark (about the size of Mr B’s palm) between my shoulder blades.

Last edited:
Reactions: 39
Ah, she must live next door to JM. There's puddle Salmon, Tuna and protein powder/oats/bread/rice, chicken apparently flying in through the window and offering itself up for meals and miraculous yellow stickers that just happen to be for the things that cost the most, leaving her with just the cost of the eggs and a few scraps of carb based snacks, also reduced to clear. And no seasonings beyond a single taco kit (reduced, obviously) or healthy/otherwise fats or oils.

Would still be more edible, but equally fantastical.

Reactions: 33
Been a while since we last saw a "people who complain about guest aren't actually human" tweet...

Reactions: 44
Woah woah woah lets not denigrate Dr Dr Jack Monroe's academic achievements, book tokens and all.
Xanthe Clay coming in hot with the understatement of all time.

Jack Monroe, perpetually, peripatetically, psephologically and perpendicularly unable to reascend to the lofty heights of “early promise” of a £5 book token prize at age 11.

Reactions: 64
Do we have a grown up present who is:

A) Able to start a thread
B) Able to work out what the title should be

Reactions: 20
I poked my head into the PS thread on Saturday and there was all sorts of borderline and the-line-is-a-dot-to-them homophobia being thrown about so I ducked out.

surprised guest is keeping so quiet about it all tho.

Reactions: 28
Why am I always under the impression that I am reading American fiction when I read some of her stuff?

Reactions: 24
This is the infamous rug of doom

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.