Jack Monroe #51 Chains, trains and inedible meals

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
QUICK, hide the Vivs and shove that bleeping Emin behind one of the Cotswold Co Sideboards
View attachment 189936

Jack does not earn a living wage, she states she pays herself a living wage. So anything earned above that is still there if needed. BIG difference!
Yeah, I assume that's how things like the Edinburgh trip get paid for: through her business, not from her wages. She can probably buy the food she needs for recipe testing (and then eats- I assume at least some of it) through her business and a lot of her household items. So it's not a fair comparison with other people on a living wage.

I do concur with some of the things she mentioned being regarded trashy when you have a low income and not trashy when you are a high earner (particularly when it comes to consuming alcohol), but cringe how she makes it about herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Morning fraus! The PhD has been submitted! Really hoping R Jackie gets on one today - nothing could be better right now than spending the day on the sofa getting righteously furious about someone I've never met :LOL:

Speculation m'lud, but I'm not convinced Jack made all that greek food. Some of it looks verrrrrry suspiciously like the stuff you get in little plastic boxes at the supermarket - the falafels, the stuffed peppers, the vine leaves. It looks far too edible for Jack and she doesn't explicitly say she *cooked* it, did she?? 🧐🧐🧐

Well done!

Looks a bit like the Tesco tapas shelf :cautious:

Wonder will she use her birth surname for this supposed book :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Morning fraus! The PhD has been submitted! Really hoping R Jackie gets on one today - nothing could be better right now than spending the day on the sofa getting righteously furious about someone I've never met :LOL:

Speculation m'lud, but I'm not convinced Jack made all that greek food. Some of it looks verrrrrry suspiciously like the stuff you get in little plastic boxes at the supermarket - the falafels, the stuffed peppers, the vine leaves. It looks far too edible for Jack and she doesn't explicitly say she *cooked* it, did she?? 🧐🧐🧐
Congrats on submitting your PhD! Have a well deserved rest now!

As for Jack's greek food...this is what she posted on twitter, saying she made it all herself :unsure: . Have to say, it's the most edible-looking food I've seen her make in a long time.

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 08.01.09.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
'Made' it herself and 'cooked' it herself aren't the same, especially in Jack's maverick little brain. She could easily mean she made the spread by putting it onto plates...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I make food like that all the time so I don’t disbelieve her 🤷‍♀️
It’s all pretty simple stuff to make and it’s not outside the realm of possibility that she followed my very successful and much raved about method.
See below.

Head to the supermarket. Buy everything in the aisle because it’s 3 for £7. Get home. Make salad. Then the tough bit. It goes something like this:
open packet, plonk on plate, repeat
open packet, bung it in a dish, repeat
open dip, slop it in a bowl

(I’m not saying this is what Jackie has done m’lud, just explaining my method of making such a feast)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I'd go one further and say the photo immediately came across to me like a supermarket picnic range promo photo. It's very different from Jack's usual or at least most recent style.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Congratulations on handing in @crystaleyesd ! I hope you celebrated properly (I found handing in very underwhelming, h
Hope it was better for you!
Honestly quite underwhelmed here too... The pandemic doesn't help as I'm currently nowhere near campus or my uni friends. But I had a nice bottle of champagne with my pal and watched my Liverpool boys lift the trophy so I'm happy :D

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Grunkaed for what feels like weeks to catch up! Maybe this latest Greek offering is what happens when she doesn’t blend up the ingredients? Nutribullet was donated, so maybe she is now trying recipes that require you to chew?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I make food like that all the time so I don’t disbelieve her 🤷‍♀️
It’s all pretty simple stuff to make and it’s not outside the realm of possibility that she followed my very successful and much raved about method.
See below.

Head to the supermarket. Buy everything in the aisle because it’s 3 for £7. Get home. Make salad. Then the tough bit. It goes something like this:
open packet, plonk on plate, repeat
open packet, bung it in a dish, repeat
open dip, slop it in a bowl

(I’m not saying this is what Jackie has done m’lud, just explaining my method of making such a feast)
I say it is Just Eat from the local Greek restaurant, my opinion only of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Had not seen that was a tweet from 2000-and-bleeping-16 about the trashy when poor, not rich. WHY?!

I say it is Just Eat from the local Greek restaurant, my opinion only of course.
I expect we won't see any self-timer preparing pictures from this feast anytime soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Have we seen a blue table like that before? It doesn't look like her usual papery backgrounds.

Reactions: 9
Honestly her kid is amazing. My kids would never let me nap in the afternoon. My kids need my attention from the minute the wake until they go to bed at the min. It's like their babies again 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Honestly her kid is amazing. My kids would never let me nap in the afternoon. My kids need my attention from the minute the wake until they go to bed at the min. It's like their babies again 😅
I told mine not to talk to me when I was on the toilet (because really, what does she expect me to do?) and so she wrote me a note and slid it under the door instead 🙄 The only way she'd let me nap was if she had my phone and thought she could get away with unlimited time on it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.