Jack Monroe #51 Chains, trains and inedible meals

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What would she actually do with that information because if she showed up at anybodies house without warrant, she would be in fact trespassing and if she came to shout that is harassment. I don't see the point in it.

Reactions: 18
I don't think thread titles with Tattle posters names is allowed, remember there was one before and the mods changed it as it may have come across as a bit too inner circle or something?
Very true - we tried honouring Silver Linings and it was deemed cliquey and was changed to just a number.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Well. I’m not ashamed to say, that just made me tear up 😭❤ Modern day hero (I’m also pretty sure he was a he)
Here's some Saturn is a man evidence for the jury to ponder over:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Here's some Saturn is a man evidence for the jury to ponder over:

That’s what I remembered 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't think thread titles with Tattle posters names is allowed, remember there was one before and the mods changed it as it may have come across as a bit too inner circle or something?
Saturn doesn’t post here any more, carrying on the cause on Twitter ie calling out JM’s lies.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
There seems to be a correlation between trainers being ugly and fashionable

Couldn’t find these ones online but similar styles were priced at £95-140. Which isn’t a massive amount for branded trainers these days but is a massive amount when you claim to be poor
I'm a self confessed trainer addict and I can confirm that these are expensive and were really popular with young people a couple of years back. You know, people may really dislike some of my trainers or my particular style but i really don't mind. I'm in my late 30's and I gave up caring about others opinions on my clothes along time ago (which incidentally women seem to have to deal with more regarding whether people think our clothes are age appropriate or not).

Anyway, what strikes me about JM is her lack of identity, it shows itself in many ways but her crisis with her sense of style is interesting to me. She's all over the show, I think that she's so insecure that she adapts clumsily to what she maybe admires in others but loses interest quickly because it's not actually who she is. When she was with Allegra she seemed to adopt a similar haircut and plaid shirt. I think when she is in complete crisis with her identify it actually shows in her strange selfies, cloting choices and hairstyles etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
this is ridiculous. She’s had more identities than Deep Throat. How many has it been now? First we had the rough diamond single mum from Essex. Then the trans / non binary person. Then the scampering church mouse MH spokesperson cum aspiring model. Now it’s my big fat Greek wedding.

Jack: changing your name in the first place doesn’t seem to’ve made You happy, it probably won’t work a second time either. You can adopt as many different identities as you want: it’ll still be you underneath.

you haven’t screwed up your life: you’re just at a low point. Ups and downs, all lives have them. You’re not special or unique. In fact you should take comfort in that. You’re no better not no worse than anyone else. You may continue to work in entertainment in the future; you may have to find something else to do. You’ll probably be fine either way: you have privileges and advantages of which millions of people can only dream.
For the moment, though, stop flailing around seeking a new identity / USP. It isn’t helping you. Step away from sm and go do something that requires you to focus on others rather than yourself. Do that for 3 weeks. It will give you perspective. God knows you need it.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

New thread! @admin please close this one, thank you

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What would she actually do with that information because if she showed up at anybodies house without warrant, she would be in fact trespassing and if she came to shout that is harassment. I don't see the point in it.
I could show her how to cook vegan both cheaply and deliciously. I'd put on my shinpads though. Can't be too careful.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm a self confessed trainer addict and I can confirm that these are expensive and were really popular with young people a couple of years back. You know, people may really dislike some of my trainers or my particular style but i really don't mind. I'm in my late 30's and I gave up caring about others opinions on my clothes along time ago (which incidentally women seem to have to deal with more regarding whether people think our clothes are age appropriate or not).

Anyway, what strikes me about JM is her lack of identity, it shows itself in many ways but her crisis with her sense of style is interesting to me. She's all over the show, I think that she's so insecure that she adapts clumsily to what she maybe admires in others but loses interest quickly because it's not actually who she is. When she was with Allegra she seemed to adopt a similar haircut and plaid shirt. I think when she is in complete crisis with her identify it actually shows in her strange selfies, cloting choices and hairstyles etc.
This is absolutely spot on and exactly what I think about her, she is trying to pick pieces of things she admires. It’s like the Nigella thing when she was obsessed with looking like her for a day, with the wave in her hair and Femme t-shirt.

I also find it so weird that she’s gone from being straight to lesbian to trans and back to lesbian again and has no formal ‘look’. She tries to do this whole denim shirt thing but I genuinely think it’s the plainest thing she can find in her wardrobe.

I’m a total sneaker head too - I collect Nike AF1’s! Which would be so much more fashionable for her with jeans and a denim shirt than what Vapormax would be, they’re usually a chavs trainer of choice so I find it weird out of all the trainers she would pick those. I thought Converse would be more her thing - but Louisa probably had a pair and she’s trying to imitate her.

Reactions: 11
I'm pretty sure we will end up with just a numbered thread if we try and put a banned Tattler name in the thread title.

I can't work out if she means she managed to not fall in the lake, or whether she's referring to something more sinister. And I think that is exactly what was intended. A very loaded caption considering the last few days.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.