Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just sharing someone who was doing exactly what Jack claims she does (but doesn’t) and I didn’t even say anything positive about it…I actually think the recipes sound pretty grim and are probably Jack-like if we’re being honest. I said girl because the person is called Sophie and is referred to as “she”, I don’t know what this person looks like as I don’t recall seeing a photo of them. Not sure that meant I deserved to be told to shut the duck up.
Ah don't worry I don't think the comment was directed at you but the story dear heart.
Yes foisting horrible food on poor people does seem to be a thing these days. Though tbf to the person in the story they are young. Jack has been doing it for years 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 45
It wasn’t aimed at you it was aimed at the article. We generally don’t do angry faces or angry comments at the poster, it’s at the article (which is usually Jack to be fair)

• Heart
Reactions: 54
She exists -View attachment 2193860
I’ve squiggled her insta handle because it’s not her current oneView attachment 2193880View attachment 2193881
Pretty telling that she seeks to position her PR officer as her 'best friend'. I suspect that, like many a PickMe the world over, Jack finds it difficult to forge genuine and deep friendships with other women.
---
Missing that large income stream into the household budget
Yes but I think it might be a bit more than that as well. As long as she was with people like Leggy and Louisa, she was still connected to the world of real fame, celebrities and media. That probably had the effect of keeping her scammy behaviour in check as these women would have been very concerned about their personal reputations in the media industry. After all, we know that LJC dissuaded her from crowdfunding a house.

Once LJC LEFT, and DKL was an obvious unmitigated disaster, Jack no longer had any sort of genuine claim to media and celebrity beyond Twitter, so there was nothing holding her back from degenerating into full on scamming.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I wonder how many begs there were pre-tattle threads that she managed to delete and there’s no record of now.
I think it started early. The bad site we don't talk about found an article from the local paper about a charity run she did when she was 12 or so. All very lovely of course, lots of kids do that and it's an excellent way for them to learn how much fun it is to do something fulfilling whilst helping others. But in Jack's case it should be seen in the context of Big Dave's love of local press for his (admittedly commendable) community spirit. It suggests that very early on Jack became aware of the dopamine high one can get from being publicly lauded for 'Doing Good for Others'.

• Wow
Reactions: 42
Love the M*msnet thread about guest. Hi 👋 new people from the other place!

Although a fair few posters seem to be familiar with Jack's Greatest Hits, there are quite a few people who are pretty new to it all. Love seeing people getting straight to the point and bluntly stating that none of Jack's stories make any bloody sense at all.

It's all lies and grift, no excuses.

I've been worried that the Comeback Kid could be on her way back after the Nuremberg Rally Stroud festival ego-boost. It's good to see the wider world seeing through her.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I was just sharing someone who was doing exactly what Jack claims she does (but doesn’t) and I didn’t even say anything positive about it…I actually think the recipes sound pretty grim and are probably Jack-like if we’re being honest. I said girl because the person is called Sophie and is referred to as “she”, I don’t know what this person looks like as I don’t recall seeing a photo of them. Not sure that meant I deserved to be told to shut the duck up.
Apologies, it wasn't a directly aimed at you stfu, it was a general one dear ❤. I can see my post could be read that way and I apologise for offending you but it truly wasn't meant that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
It’s an honour to be told to duck off on the JM threads.

Means you’re a real ninny 🥰

Edit…welcome new mitherers. Please read the wiki. The evidence is there - usually Jack’s own tweets or interviews or blogposts.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
It’s an honour to be told to duck off on the JM threads.

Means you’re a real ninny 🥰

Edit…welcome new mitherers. Please read the wiki. The evidence is there - usually Jack’s own tweets or interviews or blogposts.
Oh duck OFF
Sorry for shouting.

ETA I feel really weird typing that. For new ninnies, this ninny doesn't swear and the lovely other ninnies spoiler their cusses.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
The main character energy of Martin Lewis on GMB this morning is making it so obvious how the two ended up as Twitter buddies.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Or when Lewis Hamilton finally outed himself as a self-important little twit by trying to stop a watchmaker using "his" surname despite Hamilton watches being founded 100 years before he was born.
Now this is a self absorbed entitled wee brat seriously he needs a mental evaluation done !

To think people facilitate these self absorbed me me me people . 🤬

Reactions: 21
The main character energy of Martin Lewis on GMB this morning is making it so obvious how the two ended up as Twitter buddies.
Just turned it on to have a look...

I see what you mean, I couldn't watch and turned it off pretty quickly. His facial expressions!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Just turned it on to have a look...

I see what you mean, I couldn't watch and turned it off pretty quickly.

He hasn't shut up about his amazing skillz, he did a leap over a desk, bragged about being close to guessing the drop before announcing what it was and my breaking point was him getting his hairy chest out.

MUTED.

He gave no sweet nod to Jackie though, she invented the VBI. He is nothing without Jack's facts!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Didn't realise Tattle was still invite only, exclusive ninnies we are 💃
Is it? Not sure how I made it here as I don’t remember an invite. Maybe I’m a gatecrasher. Maybe I should be known as Guest henceforth! Actually, can I change my name as that would be more on topic than my cat’s nickname 🔺 & as I don’t visit/comment on any other Tattle threads (can barely keep up here especially when there’s a chaos going on), it won’t confuse anyone?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Found myself balls deep in that frightful Mrs Gloss FB group last night (terrifying). How is this the face/caption of someone who doesn’t like attention? Also, I saw it so now you have to too. The arrogance! Queen Debbie Harry should not be mentioned in the same breath as guest.

I also borderline strained my sphincter beyond repair at the thought of her doing the hair, makeup, and doing multiple O faces in front of the tripod.

IMG_1887.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 86
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.