Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Mrs Gloss vs Twitter/Kickstarter would be a great dive.
She would just say she had bad mental and glossing helped her get through all the stress and bullying of people asking her to produce items she’d sold to them for cash.

Reactions: 42
can anyone think when would the kickstarter cash have landed?

In November 2016 she was making herself a lipstick & gin advent calendar. Because you know, may as well buy TWENTY FIVE LIPSTICKS.

View attachment 2193372
Mostly makeup free? You're either wearing it or you're not, you boofhead.
Out of all the Jacks I dislike the makeup/posing one the most. That's the one that pings my bra strap hard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I know we had a few kickstarters among us - can we see the book if you have it?
There were moans about it being badly bound and poor quality

Reactions: 40
Mostly makeup free? You're either wearing it or you're not, you boofhead.
Out of all the Jacks I dislike the makeup/posing one the most. That's the one that pings my bra strap hard.
I dislike ALL Jacks equally. I hate to discriminate.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
If you sent Jack a PayPal donation saying 'for sue lee' she'd still sniff it up nose and claim sue was her mate before you knew her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
This girl is WARNED 😡 for being all up in Jack’s niche.

While Jack is titting around thinking about recording herself cooking on her phone, she’s completely being overtaken by the younger generation. Loads of great young budget cooks like this around. Tiktok is absolutely full of people doing the £20 challenge, showing people shopping and cooking for their meals with step by step instructions. Absolutely no thirst selfies, cheap toffees, or vague promises about meal plans ‘coming soon’. Most of them are younger, nicer looking, and more socially media savvy than she is too. Her career and her crap blog are just looking more irrelevant and dated by the day.

Reactions: 77
The kickstarter predates her joining Mrs Gloss. When she started it in December 2015, she was still being non binary. She joined Gloss in September 2016. It’s my guess that the kickstarter was when she realised that people would just send her cash on a promise.

Having seen how much cash that woman I know who pretended she had cancer made from a small largely quite impoverished community, I can well believe Jack’s made ££££££ from Sue Lee with the reach she has. Look how many people still sent money to her Patreon despite her not sending any rewards at all.

The kickstarter awoke the grift.
I would actually date the commencement of the grift to 2012 when she first exploded into the public consciousness. This was when she first featured in the Mirror and Guardian as a near destitute single mum, although we now know that that wasn’t quite true: she had an active social life at the time, a very involved babydaddy, etc etc.

But I think 2011/2012 was when she first realised that she could play a character (plucky, resourceful, poverty stricken single mum) that the media loved, and her fame and ££££ off the back of it.

Over time she started to f*ck up, because she kept adding elements and backstories to the character (trans, communist, multiple disabilities, autism, maverickness, kidnapping survivor, ex firefighter, ex ballet dancer, sex worker, anorexia survivor etc etc) that were increasingly mutually contradictory for her timeline and therefore began raising doubts. She also shot herself in the foot by overplaying her hand, most notably with kickstarter, DKL and HH2.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
After the “a girl called Jack” big yard sale someone posted a message on her blog or twitter saying they she should ask people to donate by PayPal
Squig Zero there.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
I was a Kickstart backer (my copy has long gone to the great recycling bin in the sky) and I am ashamed to say that I was completely taken in by her woe-is-me messages and very nearly replied to her to say ignore the haterz, I’m happy to wait.

Send harder heartios.

I have since seen the light though.
Babe, same. Totally taken in. Got my copy but dunno if my local library did.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Someone created a timeline for all the begs, tin rattles and paypal pushes not too long ago. It probably needs updating now, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I really did think that claim was so offensive, because she was obviously never called that word, and it's so sly, using a word that has been used to oppress and insult Black people and therefore sneakily align herself with the systemic racism experienced by people of colour.
Not to mention the fact she actually uses the word in her blog. That is not her word to use.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
This girl is WARNED 😡 for being all up in Jack’s niche.

The real tin can cook! Food you might actually enjoy if all you have is tins, kettle and microwave.
Again, this is how you do it, guest. No beans rinsing necessary.
---
Would this be using bottles of gin that she doesn't drink?

@houseofhoop got there first by minutes. Must type faster. 😂
And the make up she doesn't use/like. Funny that.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
BBC Look East 🍉 have just done a live bit from Southend on a replica Spanish galleon. I watched forensically and softly in an ADH brained way but didn't see the Beebs go-to celeb resident or hear any honking so I guess Guest is BUSY! 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.