Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Jack was rather unwell in December 2016 and hadn’t been for some time so she enlisted help with the kickstarter.
View attachment 2192433
Oh hang on a moment
View attachment 2192435
🙄

Incidentally, the kickstarter is still there so you can read her posts and the increasingly frustrated responses from her backers if you have an hour or two and want to remind yourself what a scamming scammer she is
None of them love, they all look tit.

BTW, who exactly are you?

Many people suffer from health problems that can have a devastating effect on their life and work.

I just don't believe Jack is one of them. Crying ill health/bad mentals whenever people start to ask questions is disgusting and offensive and pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I had read most this before I think. But it does serve as a timely reminder of how she's never changed, and trots out the same old tactics every time she's caught out. Just like the December/January "I know I've been awful but I'm going to make up to you, sincerely, Jack Monroe" grovel on Patreon that she STILL hasn't lifted a finger to rectify.

Didn't the same thing happen again on Kickstarter (or on another crowd funder platform) for another book as well? So many scams I really am losing track!
The "I know I've been awful but I'm going to make up to you..." Patreon grovel was actually in October last year.

She showed her 14-seater dining table covered in rewards, which she claimed were about to be posted, on October 31st. And then she told Shattenstone in mid-December that they had been posted. She made the same claim on Twitter just before christmas. And then on the 7th January, she admitted that they hadn't been sent in December after all (blaming striking postal workers) but said they had now "all been sent" - although she hinted that expectant recipients shouldn't hold their breaths due to the aftermath of the strikes.

And since then? Nothing. We've found no-one who says they received anything, and several people who were subscribers at the relevant times who've said they received nothing.

It's been almost 8 months since she posted that grovel, and in that time she should have made 7 more Patreon posts containing discount codes, and sent 6 further batches of physical rewards out. In reality, she has done neither.

Her supporters are getting restless. She's dropped from 659 subscribers at the start of November to 430 today - an estimated loss of £3,233 a month. Some have tried complaining to Patreon, but they try to avoid blame, telling subscribers to seek refunds from the creator.

We know about one person who did eventually manage to get their money back - but only after a great deal of persistence in the face of Jack's "your email must have gone missing, can you resend it" lies and other forms of prevarication. Another took their fruitless search for a refund to the courts. A CCJ was granted against Jack, but she still hasn't paid up. Other subscribers have been forced to simply write off the loss.

And yet her Patreon still remains open for business.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 93
It probably does still make you pee though. Is that how guest justified her late-nite Twitter rants and sock pile-ons - "I was on the loo the whole time, and I said I'd only use my smartphone when on the loo"
I was told camomile tea is good for the immune system so have been drinking vats of it every afternoon not realising it is 'sleepy'. Perhaps this is why I am finding my job quite painful at the moment?

NB @jack sometimes work is boring and/or hard, but we still keep doing it because we have bills to pay, children to pay for, and a forever home with a (terrifyingly large) mortgage. You should try it!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Sooooo..... I promised you the shiniest of shiny books, not my fault I lied. It's all you evil negative trolls affecting my mental state. She hasn't changed the script, has she? Never accepting responsibility for her behaviour, always blaming mental/physical bad health, bad luck and evil trolls. People (naive, soft hearted, well meaning people) gave you SEVENTY THOUSAND POUNDS for a tit book you couldn't be arsed to put together, guest. I wonder how many sideboards you bought with that money.😡

Also - what the duck is an irreverent recipe, Precious? 🙄
it's almost like she didn't accept or factor in that a proportion of that 70k would have to be used for ... printing the book and paying to package up and ship the book like you know, every other business producing a product has to do, so she tried to do it on the cheap by herself (and apparently should be given adulation for that)

ETA no wonder people at the post office got snippy with her if she's turning up to the counter with a stack of books in letter envelopes that Post Office Borb has to process one by one whilst the queue behind increases in size while Jack chest-infection coughs on everything

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
She raised 70K to write a book. 70K !!!!! Let that sink in. Now imagine how much she raised to Sue Lee....... a high profile case, reported far and wide, against a highly disliked evil Tory... I'm betting it was in the hundreds of thousands. If it wasnt, why won't she just tell us?

• Wow
Reactions: 62
If a forensic frau wanted to put a timeline of all of Jack’s begs together I’d definitely contribute to their PayPal/Patreon/Ko-fi

it would be so damning.
I will do it dear heart but you need to donate to my PayPal first, [email protected], and do not expect me to give you any reliable date for completion of the task or you will be a nefarious bully causing me bad mentals. I shall name my document the Very Beggy Index and it will exist only in my minds eye, and the minds eye of my rage nan following. If that’s what you’re looking for, it will be the work of a weekend x

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Also the Kickstarter was poor quality and black and white the Amazon was superior in every way, she even had the cheek to go back to people who paid, waited two years, and ask for more money for postage!
lololol yes but then she said the B&W crappiness was on purpose to give the book an olde school vibe

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
She always looks rough! I know everyone has days were they feel a bit haggard due to work, life stresses or illness, but i dont think i have ever seen an unfiltered photo not looking like she has had a rough/late night. I honestly think her agent has written into her contract he will bring her back to redemption but only if she does everything he says. Normally she would be all over twitter now telling people to duck off!

Reactions: 29
Poor Jack was rather unwell in December 2016 and hadn’t been for some time so she enlisted help with the kickstarter.
View attachment 2192433
Oh hang on a moment
View attachment 2192435
🙄

Incidentally, the kickstarter is still there so you can read her posts and the increasingly frustrated responses from her backers if you have an hour or two and want to remind yourself what a scamming scammer she is
Definitely looks like someone that hates attention

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Here's a selection of public updates from the Kickstarter for those who haven't seen. You can peruse it as much as you like here (Cooking on a Bootstrap Kickstarter page).

Also lol, forgot she said her Nan was her copy editor, and she uses 'ordinary people' to test her recipes.

Jesus bleeping Christ, I couldn't get through that last update. You raised SEVENTY THOUSAND POUNDS, you don't need to carry books anywhere. She's laying it on so thick it's beyond satire. You'd think she's a bleeping sickly Dikensian child with consumption who's just finished a 76 hour shift in the workhouse.
---
View attachment 2192433
Oh hang on a moment
View attachment 2192435
🙄

Ah yes, Oliver Bonas, where everyone who can't afford light bulbs shops.

(I like Oliver Bonas, lovely gifts, but it ain't cheap is it?)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Tbh I don't believe a word of it. If she can spunk hundreds on sideboards, she can spunk £30 or so on a half decent external keyboard. Or a fiver on a crappier one off eBay or something. It's all just performative faux-poverty nonsense, like the "painstakingly typed out the first drafts on my mobile phone" stories. Pretty sure you can even use an external one on a bloody phone anyway with the right cable, so... WFK.

If she really is that thick that buying an external keyboard never even occurred to her, well, she doesn't deserve to be labelled a writer by anyone let alone the MSM.
Smol poor pixie can only manage a TINY COMPUTER though because smol and POOR!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Smol poor pixie can only manage a TINY COMPUTER though because smol and POOR!
The tiny computer thing cracked me up too. To be fair to her she’s very good at adding those teeny details for maximum sad eyed pathos.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.