Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quoting from the last thread:

It's never been advertised or classed as a bungalow either, dormer or not. It's a house.
Not quite correct, if you look it up on Rightmove (the address is quite easily found using all the information Jack has put on Twitter in the past) you can see the listing from when it was put up for rent and it's described as a chalet bungalow.

(Houses squigged for privacy)

jack's house.png

Reactions: 41
Whatever it is, that's a lot of house for one person to live in alone and a bargain at the price. Some might say peppercorn rent. Not me, because I know the meaning of words.

• Haha
Reactions: 92
My brother lives in a bungamansion like that. Detached, back and front garden, massive garage, 200 metres from the beach in the South East. It’s £1400pm, managed by agents and has been the same rent for years, as (we assume) the landlord is happy enough to have a regular income with no hassle. My bro has filled it with illegal pets and his daughter and grandson on a permanent, full time, 24/7 basis 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
  • Subsequently she started sleeping better, her personal relationships improved, and she began writing more and becoming creative. Also her alcoholism was miraculously cured and she started taking a pot of camomile tea to bed instead of whiskey. Why you would do that when the tea will go cold, the caffeine will keep you awake, and the fluid will make you pee all night is beyond me
Chamomile tea doesn't have any caffeine in it, tenderstem. It tastes of soap and sadness, but it is caffeine free. I drink a mug of sleepy tea as part of my pre-sleep routine, but I do it before I've cleaned my teeth and got into bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Chamomile tea doesn't have any caffeine in it, tenderstem. It tastes of soap and sadness, but it is caffeine free. I drink a mug of sleepy tea as part of my pre-sleep routine, but I do it before I've cleaned my teeth and got into bed.
It probably does still make you pee though. Is that how guest justified her late-nite Twitter rants and sock pile-ons - "I was on the loo the whole time, and I said I'd only use my smartphone when on the loo"

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It probably does still make you pee though. Is that how guest justified her late-nite Twitter rants and sock pile-ons - "I was on the loo the whole time, and I said I'd only use my smartphone when on the loo"
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't try and drink a whole pot of the stuff, unless it was a single serve one. I drink a small mug and that's enough.

Reactions: 21
Well done @bizwizz89 for your words, and for @Ms Biscuit for the nomination, you win an empty chair from the empty halls of a Jack Monroe gig.

She did her talks, no one cared, still no sign of the money, all seems quiet on the honking front.

Newbies-please have a goosey-gander at the Wiki above (pink button, y'all)
ALL SEEMS QUIET ON THE HONKING FRONT FOR NEXT TITLE PLEASE

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Frauen, I'm sorry to disrupt the thread, drop something and go, but I was mithering about laughing at the very early threads and thought it was important to remind ourselves of the below.

To summarise: Jack demanded donations at the start of lockdown on the basis that lockdown would cause her to lose money. Clear implication being that donations was the only thing that stood between her and destitution. This despite: she was living with a C4 executive; she had the BBC DKL gig; she was living in a 3 bed house in a lovely part of Southend. She clearly implies that she will use the money to launch a big campaign to help people in need during lockdown: WHICH NEVER HAPPENED. This is a time when hard working people DID lose their small businesses and go broke. Not our Jack.

The highly manipulative tone of this post is so similar to the DM she was sending wavering backers...and also the posts she made to the Kickstarter backers of her self-published book who had been waiting for years when she raised £70k and was ignoring their requests for updates whilst she titted about playing the big celeb on twitter and then accused her cheated backers of bullying HER...she has been playing this wicked narc game for years. So if anyone ever tells you we're obsessed, or we're mean girls, or we're trolls yada yada....just show them this.

1684912251349.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 130
Whenever I have a cup of sleep-helping herbal tea before bed, I do not sleep, because I am up and down like a toilet seat for the next two hours

• Haha
Reactions: 35
The highly manipulative tone of this post is so similar to the DM she was sending wavering backers...and also the posts she made to the Kickstarter backers of her self-published book who had been waiting for years when she raised £70k and was ignoring their requests for updates whilst she titted about playing the big celeb on twitter and then accused her cheated backers of bullying HER...she has been playing this wicked narc game for years. So if anyone ever tells you we're obsessed, or we're mean girls, or we're trolls yada yada....just show them this.

View attachment 2192299
The only thing remotely true about this is "I'll keep writing sarky backchat". She might need a "bump" of some kind, but not a fistbump, that's for sure. 🙄❄

She really is completely without morals isn't she?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
Frauen, I'm sorry to disrupt the thread, drop something and go, but I was mithering about laughing at the very early threads and thought it was important to remind ourselves of the below.

To summarise: Jack demanded donations at the start of lockdown on the basis that lockdown would cause her to lose money. Clear implication being that donations was the only thing that stood between her and destitution. This despite: she was living with a C4 executive; she had the BBC DKL gig; she was living in a 3 bed house in a lovely part of Southend. She clearly implies that she will use the money to launch a big campaign to help people in need during lockdown: WHICH NEVER HAPPENED. This is a time when hard working people DID lose their small businesses and go broke. Not our Jack.

View attachment 2192299
I don't remember that one from the time, that wasn't the only place she put out a beg then. The other beg was a more blatant 'I'm going to lose money, here's my PayPal' with no campaign promise. The screenshots are somewhere.

ETA - maybe the campaign was Lockdown Larder 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
The only thing remotely true about this is "I'll keep writing sarky backchat". She might need a "bump" of some kind, but not a fistbump, that's for sure. 🙄❄

She really is completely without morals isn't she?
Her response to her Kickstarter backers is worse and I urge everyone who hasn't seen it, to go back to threads 3& 4 and take a look.

Summary: she wanted to raise £8k on Kickstarter to self publish a new cook book. This was shortly after she split from Leggy. She got such a huge response of ordinary, well-meaning people, she ended up getting £70k. She said the book would be delivered to backers within a year, there would be a launch party, dinner with her for the biggest donors, extra treats and content.

Then....NOTHING. Backers started sending her messages, all extremely polite at first, asking for updates. Still nothing. Then gradually some people started to ask for their money back - there is a heartbreaking post from an elderly disabled man and his wife who donated money they could ill afford because they thought the book would help the poorest in society. No response from Jack. This was 2017 so all the time she was posting on Twitter and Insta, thot shots, chatting about award ceremonies, how great she was, and generally living the high life. Not a word to her Kickstarter backers tho. THEN she actually found a commercial publisher for her book and.....IT APPEARED FOR SALE ON AMAZON BEFORE THE ORIGINAL BACKERS HAD EVEN RECIEVED THEIR COPIES.

Naturally the backers got angry. In response, Jack posted a lengthy message using the same narc script we've all come to know and love which basically went:

- I'm sorry about the delay. I'm very mentally fragile, nasty break up and am living in a damp flat
- I'm working on the book but it's difficult to type due to my arthritic fingers
- I lost the first draft in an 'unfortunate incident' (does not specify further) Please stop bullying me, my heart hurts....suicide bait
- You can have the money back if you like....but it's such a beautiful book and will help so many people! You'll love it when you get it
- You've waited for so long....you wouldn't want to let me down right at the last moment.....would you?

This is actually a person who behaves disgustingly.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 142
Her response to her Kickstarter backers is worse and I urge everyone who hasn't seen it, to go back to threads 3& 4 and take a look.

Summary: she wanted to raise £8k on Kickstarter to self publish a new cook book. This was shortly after she split from Leggy. She got such a huge response of ordinary, well-meaning people, she ended up getting £70k. She said the book would be delivered to backers within a year, there would be a launch party, dinner with her for the biggest donors, extra treats and content.

Then....NOTHING. Backers started sending her messages, all extremely polite at first, asking for updates. Still nothing. Then gradually some people started to ask for their money back - there is a heartbreaking post from an elderly disabled man and his wife who donated money they could ill afford because they thought the book would help the poorest in society. No response from Jack. This was 2017 so all the time she was posting on Twitter and Insta, thot shots, chatting about award ceremonies, how great she was, and generally living the high life. Not a word to her Kickstarter backers tho. THEN she actually found a commercial publisher for her book and.....IT APPEARED FOR SALE ON AMAZON BEFORE THE ORIGINAL BACKERS HAD EVEN RECIEVED THEIR COPIES.

Naturally the backers got angry. In response, Jack posted a lengthy message using the same narc script we've all come to know and love which basically went:

- I'm sorry about the delay. I'm very mentally fragile, nasty break up and am living in a damp flat
- I'm working on the book but it's difficult to type due to my arthritic fingers
- I lost the first draft in an 'unfortunate incident' (does not specify further) Please stop bullying me, my heart hurts....suicide bait
- You can have the money back if you like....but it's such a beautiful book and will help so many people! You'll love it when you get it
- You've waited for so long....you wouldn't want to let me down right at the last moment.....would you?

For the love of God, why do these people never experience the consequences of their actions?!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 51

God she's foul

Reactions: 43
For the love of God, why do these people never experience the consequences of their actions?!!!
I believe she's benefitted from white/pretty privilege. A POC, someone not blessed with cheekbones, who is not middle class coded, would not have been given the opportunities she has had - despite the fact that she can't cook, can't present or speak publicaly, and is nasty and manipulative.

A (say) Black, overweight person from a housing estate could put in the hard yards, train as a chef, be charismatic, articulate and intelligent and STILL would not get the opportunities and second chances Jack did.

However, I disagree with you, she IS experiencing consequences. She's a byword for cruelty, dishonesty and incompetence on twitter. The celeb relationships and TV gigs are gone, never to return. Her nasty thoughts are beginning to manifest themselves in her physical appearance (I strongly believe that people eventually get the faces they deserve).

A slow burn fall is much better than a sudden big cancellation. It's happening in real time.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 80

Here's a selection of public updates from the Kickstarter for those who haven't seen. You can peruse it as much as you like here (Cooking on a Bootstrap Kickstarter page).

Also lol, forgot she said her Nan was her copy editor, and she uses 'ordinary people' to test her recipes.

1684914461224.png

1684914368950.png

1684914390658.png

1684914281725.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 67

Then....NOTHING
I had read most this before I think. But it does serve as a timely reminder of how she's never changed, and trots out the same old tactics every time she's caught out. Just like the December/January "I know I've been awful but I'm going to make up to you, sincerely, Jack Monroe" grovel on Patreon that she STILL hasn't lifted a finger to rectify.

Didn't the same thing happen again on Kickstarter (or on another crowd funder platform) for another book as well? So many scams I really am losing track!

Reactions: 55
I had read most this before I think. But it does serve as a timely reminder of how she's never changed, and trots out the same old tactics every time she's caught out. Just like the December/January "I know I've been awful but I'm going to make up to you, sincerely, Jack Monroe" grovel on Patreon that she STILL hasn't lifted a finger to rectify.

Didn't the same thing happen again on Kickstarter (or on another crowd funder platform) for another book as well? So many scams I really am losing track!
Exactly. I mean, sometimes I think so myself, you've been posting on these threads for 3 years, yes you like the other posters they're witty and lovely, but isn't it a bit petty and obsessive, the same threads for 3 years?

Then I remember stuff like the kickstarter.

It's genuinely vital that people like Jack DO get called out. Just because the manipulation and fraud is low level in terms of quantum and fame, doesn't mean it's not damaging - to the most vulnerable as well.

When the emperor is parading through the streets demanding adoration, but is wearing no clothes....it needs to be talked about.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
If a forensic frau wanted to put a timeline of all of Jack’s begs together I’d definitely contribute to their PayPal/Patreon/Ko-fi

it would be so damning.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.