Jack Monroe #486 Things like carrots and onions are widely sold in many other places for similar prices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got to grunk a whole thread now. It best be good and Jack better have promised to refund all grifted monies. WARNED.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I've got to grunk a whole thread now. It best be good and Jack better have promised to refund all grifted monies. WARNED.
My sweet, summer child 🤗
---
Why does the hug emoji look like it’s groping someone?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I have one hell of a grunk to do, and this isn’t really anything to do with anything, but I just stumbled upon an old post by @BlendedSlop in which Jack can be seen describing eggs as ‘soft and sloppy and delicious’. I am marvelling once again at her singular skill of making food sound absolutely revolting.
What did she use instead? 😨

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Back from shopping and noticed in the toiletries aisle that there was a 72 hour deodorant. I thought to myself, who in hecking heck would go 3 days without showering...

Then it came to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 82
Back from shopping and noticed in the toiletries aisle that there was a 72 hour deodorant. I thought to myself, who in hecking heck would go 3 days without showering...

Then it came to me.
That’s the question Mr SM asks about the long lasting deodorants. I came to the same conclusion as you. It would be perfect for our smol pixie.

Reactions: 24
I have one hell of a grunk to do, and this isn’t really anything to do with anything, but I just stumbled upon an old post by @BlendedSlop in which Jack can be seen describing eggs as ‘soft and sloppy and delicious’. I am marvelling once again at her singular skill of making food sound absolutely revolting.
Also, the 'My budget doesn't stretch to butter. It's fine. I'm coping' line always makes me 🦉🍾.

'My budget doesn't stretch to butter. It's fine. I'm coping. I just liberally spread my bank accounts with lots of delicious, full fat Patreon donations instead. I had two minutes to get something into my online shopping cart to give me a soft, sloppy dopamine hit. I panicked. Twelve Cotswold Company sideboards later, the genesis of a new recipe was born... Grift, Spend, Repeat"

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Jumping from the past having seen the photos of her at the awards.

Is Harold’s real name Popeye? Honestly if Alice the Goon had (tit) hair…
F7FAE14B-FF44-4AD6-8E9C-D6AC5DF356E8.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I never forget Mr Beacon's description of it as "She writes about food like she's describing picking up dog poo".

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
I spent half the thread wondering why everyone was slagging off Mandy Dingle. Send brainos.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Soz, off topic I know but there were no onions or carrots left in sainsburys today. I am racking my brains as to where else to purchase things like this? Can anyone advise me?

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Soz, off topic I know but there were no onions or carrots left in sainsburys today. I am racking my brains as to where else to purchase things like this? Can anyone advise me?
Sainsbury's is the only shop in the UK. I think you're sodded it.
You'll have to use Play Doh, don't worry, it's edible.. more than Jack's recipes in most cases..

• Haha
Reactions: 32
At the ONLY other supermarket in the UK... Asda of course! (Do make sure you deliberately walk past several other well-known national food retailers on the way though).
If Asda is also out of stock you're f*cked,dear heart.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
At the ONLY other supermarket in the UK... Asda of course! (Do make sure you deliberately walk past several other well-known national food retailers on the way though).
If Asda is also out of stock you're f*cked,dear heart.
Don’t forget to stand around for a couple of hours waiting for the staff to restock the books before going HA! I SHOWED YOU to a confused 19 year old

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Afternoon Frauen, I've just returned from a shopping trip. I glanced out of the bus window and saw a car with a very distinctive IQBAL vanity plate.
Has Iqbal re located to my neck of the woods???🍉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Some helpful guidance just in case you were also looking to purchase “things like” courgettes and broccoli
0437F721-CD1F-49C5-B807-91852DD1371E.jpeg

Further, if you are doing a big shop, I’m reliably informed that beyond mere vegetables, other supermarkets sell ALL SORTS OF “SIMILAR PRODUCTS” at competitive prices.

9352A5A9-3DC9-46B9-A2F0-AC328A989DBB.jpeg
Eggs, sugar, cream and salt (and in December, stollen)
A71BB29C-4545-4B8E-A8B2-22CAA384E3E8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.