Jack Monroe #486 Things like carrots and onions are widely sold in many other places for similar prices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hang on. She's found a brilliant butcher round the corner from her lunchtime meeting, which is great because otherwise it'd be half an hour walk. How does she get to the lunchtime meeting then?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Hang on. She's found a brilliant butcher round the corner from her lunchtime meeting, which is great because otherwise it'd be half an hour walk. How does she get to the lunchtime meeting then?
She has only just discovered this butcher after living there for HOW LONG????

Have Asda told her to stop @-ing them in tweets?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I was just about to chuck a joint of beef in the air fryer for supper but now a) I’m not feeling as hungry as I was b) I’m wondering if I could have saved cashos and just got the hooves And the head.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
So she can wield a knife in one hand while using the other to brace whatever it is she’s butchering enough to slash herself. Much ouchy in the shoulderios.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I used to retch if I opened the front door and my mum was boiling bacon ribs for my dad, I can't imagine boiling pigs trotters smell a great deal more fragrant 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
My not LEFT OH sent me this photo from a Southend (I assume she brought this in Southend cba to grunk properly) butcher last week. Is he Jack?!

BF9F8155-0A9F-48B2-A625-6D5B82FB068D.jpeg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
I used to retch if I opened the front door and my mum was boiling bacon ribs for my dad, I can't imagine boiling pigs trotters smell a great deal more fragrant 🤢
It's usually the hair attached that smells particularly vile when cooking.
Ah cunning yet utterly transparent Jack has introduced a V Good Friend into the mix when cooking. Presumably this excellent friend has been doing all the heavy lifting and butchery :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I had a weird coincidence today, I was driving past the swanky butcher’s shop and there was a van outside with its back doors open and a whole gutted pig carcass minus head and feet was hanging in the back. I can’t prove it had anything to do with our smol pixie, but you never know…

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Re @MooBelle story of going to Parliament for work, my OH and I went on the guided tour of the buildings (spenny but totally worth it) and even for that we had to show our ID to buy the tickets *and* to get through the gates. Plus going through the metal detector at the gates, and the tour guide WARNED us that we risked arrest or being banned from the precinct if we wandered off on our own. We couldn't even use the WC unless it was at one of the designated "rest stops" on the tour.

So, yes, no one gets into those buildings because a guard recognizes them and waves them through.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I don’t believe there was a phone call. I don’t believe she was in a bus stop. I don’t believe that even if she was in a bus stop on the phone, the person near her would have been remotely bothered by her phone call.
IF she was in the bus stop, on the phone, talking about a head in the fridge whilst another passenger was waiting nearby, I could imagine Jack saying “sorry if you just heard me talking about a head in my fridge. No need to phone the police, I’m a chef you see”

Anyway, I’m still waiting on the photo of her, as a little girl, in a Liverpool FC shirt as proof she’s a lifelong fan.
I don't believe she has ever even been on a bus, there'd be photos to prove what a peasant she is. I reckon she gets an Uber everywhere and tells herself its for her health/security like Josie Cunningham.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
This pig's head nonsense is baffling and I'm spending far too long mithering over it. Pig's heads are huge and heavy. How did she get it when she's been bedridden for days in SEVERE pain? Did a delicious friend bring it to her as a birthday gift? How the hell did she get it into the fridge? Or out again and into the freezer with her SEVERELY ouchy shoulder? 🥴
A kind friend THAT MAN left it on her doorstep as a gift

• Haha
Reactions: 26
@noweverythingsucks she went on a bus last year and live tweeted the whole bleeping journey including waving at drivers. That’s how we know it was a totally novel experience for her.

I wonder if she thinks she’s going to be the next Fergus Henderson!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.