Jack Monroe #486 Things like carrots and onions are widely sold in many other places for similar prices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s also this, which made me hoot:
35FA2D44-D208-4FE6-A092-2538DBAE8879.jpeg

It’s a Jack Monroe recipe but I didn’t have the ingredients so I made something else and it tastes nice.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
Jack’s blurb from the Greenbelt site. I’d laugh if it wasn’t such a load of rubbish
That's another 10-15k in the bank for her. Kerching!
---
There’s also this, which made me hoot:
View attachment 2045126
It’s a Jack Monroe recipe but I didn’t have the ingredients so I made something else and it tastes nice.
Can't tell if that is a pisstake or genuine? Reminds me of the woman asking Nigel Slater for an aubergine substitute in an aubergine recipe!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Just for grins, I priced pig heads where I live. $80. I guess if you have no other hobbies, boiling pig ephemera sounds like a hoot. A hoot.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Jack’s blurb from the Greenbelt site. I’d laugh if it wasn’t such a load of rubbish. It’s interesting to note that between the penultimate and last paragraph there are nine missing years of Jack’s activism.
So basically “Jack Monroe has not actually accomplished anything of note since being a mildly influential gay and saying that Tanzanian poverty was just like her own back in 2014.”

ETA I wonder if she’ll DRAMATIC PAUSE again while telling her stupid hugely embellished sob story lies to Greenbelt? Do you think she’ll tonelessly warble for them again?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
She talked to him for HALF AN HOUR, 🐮🔔❤ (despite tweeting incessantly the entire time)
View attachment 2045006
And she would have brought him home but she’s NOT ALLOWED HOMELESS VISITORS, OK?!
View attachment 2045010(ss by @Silver Linings. What a day of utter chaos that was)View attachment 2045016 Who’s got the pic of her at the back of the room picking her snotty honker? Calling @Marmalade Atkins! 😂❤
Well, if anyone was ever in any doubt that Jack Monroe has never done any frontline work, that tweet is all they need to confirm it.

None of us who have actually worked with street homeless people would ever fantasise about taking them home. Not because we don’t like them, not because we are horrible bastards, not because we don’t think that having a home is a crucial part of getting your life back together. But because we know that for the majority of people who end up on the streets, it’s because of very complex factors - often lifelong - that we cannot fix. Those factors cause chaotic lives. And you just cannot have that chaos in your own home, especially not as a single woman with a kid ffs.

Taking someone home with you isn’t going to sort his life out. If he’s on the streets in that location he actually has access to the best homelessness support services in the entire country, operated by serious homelessness experts and leaders in developing better services. And if they can’t fix it for him, nobody else can, and Jack bleeping Monroe certainly can’t.
She’s such an insufferable head.

• Heart
Reactions: 95
Taking someone home with you isn’t going to sort his life out. If he’s on the streets in that location he actually has access to the best homelessness support services in the entire country, operated by serious homelessness experts and leaders in developing better services. And if they can’t fix it for him, nobody else can, and Jack bleeping Monroe certainly can’t.
She’s such an insufferable head.
It's also hugely patronising. She's talking about a human being like he's a cute ickle kitten in a kennel at the local RSPCA.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
It's also hugely patronising. She's talking about a human being like he's a cute ickle kitten in a kennel at the local RSPCA.
EXACTLY!
I might have to stop myself here on this particular angle, cos her ignorance and self importance have pissed me right off, and this is something I really care about. I had to get off frontline work - most of us do at some point - because of burnout, I had no emotions to spare except anger, which was bottomless. she hasn’t got a damn clue.
---

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Interesting that she never turns up with a stick or shoulder brace at these speaking engagements innit.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Just a random thought which has been whizzing around my brain since this morning....I wonder how many Fraus have coins from Jack's guardian photo shoot in their purses at this very moment....makes me glad to be an actual German Frau and only have Euros in my purse 🙈🙈

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Also, if the Guardian got it wrong or misrepresented it, it’s them who has to “clarify”. Which they haven’t done. Presumably because they’ve got Jack’s honking voice on tape confirming that she did indeed spaff Patreon money on sideboards and other assorted tat.
Yes she said there were two tape recorders used to tape it so I look forward to the release of the audio, to clear things up once and for all

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Oh you’re so bleeping quirky Jack 🙄
Except it’s not “feet” is it you twit? Pigs “feet” are called trotters.

Can’t wait for Deep South Georgia Y’all Jack to pretend she’s making chitlins. God I bleeping loathe this tiresome dipshit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Urgh, she’s speaking at the Greenbelt Festival. I hope she doesn’t break out into ‘kum-by-a muthafuckers’. ETA Poster attached and a lone dissenting squig 👑
She’s not going to need a stab vest for that line up.
Are we seriously seeing the first steps of The Great Rehabilation of Jack Monroe’s Image? Despite the fact she’s done literally no penance for the wrongs she is in fact still doing? Like … what the actual duck people? This is ridiculous. We're supposed to have some sort of standards and accountability aren’t we? Oh but then the press is supposed to be a big part of accountability in this country. So if the press aren’t bothering to do anything about Jack Monroe then I guess we’ve got bleeping nothing. This is all so wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Oh you’re so bleeping quirky Jack 🙄
Pictures or ir it didn't happen, Monroe. If you were actually boiling a pig, you would have said trotters. She's such a fantasist.

(I will laugh up a pigs lung if she ends up having to buy a pig's head to prove the doubters wrong.)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
🙄 She's so grim, the kid must dread Tuesdays at this point. I mean I know she's talking bollox and just trying to get people going. God, I hope the vegans start on her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.