Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

phoebuscartel

Nah you should have seen the vegan rage when Flora put milk back in Flora Buttery, then released a new vegan butter at twice the price. Fuck margarine.
I'm not vegan but do make a serious effort to keep it plant based when I'm at home and the only spread I can stand is Naturli spreadable 🍉🍉🍉 I wouldn't buy butter and rather have dry toast than any other vegan spread

Reactions: 21

lilykestrel

VIP Member
I’d be interested to know if people who are sober go on to develop these kinds of behavioural addictions because she seems like a case of someone replacing one addiction with another.
Oh yeah addiction substitution is super common in the early stages of recovery. Indeed social media addiction is one of the behavioural ones you'll generally see on example lists 👀

• Sad

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
I'm still terrified of pylons and even though I am now an adult I still can't believe they put them in fields near livestock. Also the fireworks ongoe where the little girl got her fingers blown off still haunts me.
The bottom bit of pylons are not dangerous, the cows won’t be electrocuted if they brush against them, it’s the cables at the top which are lethal.

alphaspagbol

Chatty Member
I know my nan always used to go on about eating beef dripping on toast. Which sounds vile, tbh. Not sure if you can even get beef dripping now (not in supermarkets, anyway, I'm guessing if you asked a butcher you could).
. Yeah you’d definitely have to ask a butcher. I think my mum used to render it down herself from big fatty chunks of meat. Bit of a palaver. :)

• Sick

FunnyFuneral

VIP Member
anyone else remember that animated one about a firefly (?) who played with matches and incinerated her entire village. I remember feeling a visceral emotional reaction to that (which I am now revisiting even as I write this) because I couldn't stop thinking about awful the firefly must have felt for burning down her town. So I spose it worked.
I remember this from when my son was small a good few years ago, think it was a space alien though. Anyway , the don't play with matches or lighters thing did work! He was forever terrified of my lighter and never touched it x

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
The grifty kitchen cover photo isn’t on her Twitter when I looked there; let’s see which ultimately misleading nonsense replaces it

• Wow
  • Haha

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
Is she back? Or is she just back alittle bit. Shes obviously off somewhere being a literal bore very important. I see no one has noticed. Bless her.

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Me-rail and 🍉 but I am unfortunately in an almost comedically terrible IBD flare at the moment, and am loling so hard at this. Lose my shit? Mate, completed it 😂 and I don’t need any help from a chaotic smol pixie.

Until the steroids kick in I’m all but trapped in the house, fortunately I am greatly entertained by this, I keep looking at it and laughing like a drain 🤣 come on Jack, help a sister out and do us a lovely New Flat chaos! I’m bored and in pain here.

View attachment 1950091
---

I think most of the ones that terrified me have been mentioned- railways of death, murderous pylons, quarries filled with doom- but the other one that haunted me was more reality based: children falling down artesian wells, never to be seen again. It can’t have been, but in my memory there was a series of them? Awful 😢
I heard of an oubliette the other day. WARNED! Although that is where Jack‘s slop should go

• Haha

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
It's at the point where the word 'unruly' on it's own turns my stomach now 🤢
Just think of something lovely and ruly instead. Like a beautiful coffee bean cupped in the capable nail-bepainted hand of Sarah Greene serving up a delicious Nescafé to Diane and Gareth.

• Haha

Saltfish84

I’m not being funny but that public info film is crap. I was born in the 80s so most of those films had petered out, but to me it was just terrible acting kids and the most un-injured kid hit by a train ever.

Anyhoo…just waiting patiently for a Jackie chaos 🥂

• Haha
To this day I have an escalator ritual that involves not stepping on the first step, standing exactly in the middle, holding the right rail with my left hand free, keeping all items of clothing (especially a scarf) far away from anything, and jumping off before the last step. Thanks, children's TV nonsense.

What's the betting jack got trapped by an escalator when she was nine, followed by being struck by lightning when she was ten, ending with an unfortunate incident with a pylon when she was eleven.
We didn't even have a TV when I was a kid, and I do that on escalators!

• Haha