Jack Monroe #469 Spam fits my macros.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still have a a Breville, but mine is clean unlike Gilesy-boy’s there. There are days when nothing hits the spot like a cheese & ham toastie. Send comfort foodos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Jack and bonus Farage as a lamprey. The adult lamprey may be characterized by a toothed, funnel-like sucking mouth. Parasitic carnivorous species are the most well-known, and feed by boring into the flesh of other fish to suck their blood.
PicsArt_01-26-03.11.04.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 88
Miguel Barclay was on Steph's Packed Lunch making a £1 mushroom stroganoff. He talked about how he's been working with Gas Safe to make a list of recipes and educate people about how to save energy and know when there's a problem with their gas cooker. Make u think.

Anyway, I've never come across him before, but he seemed a nice enough chap (if a little grating), and was engaging and explained what was happening in the pan etc.

(I particularly 🦉🍾ed when Simon Rimmer asked him what his favourite recipe he'd created was and he said a risotto but Italians don't like it ... I inhaled, thinking .... what could it be? Lettuce? Basmati rice? Can of peaches? Rinsed hoops? No, he grates cheddar on top. Sacrilege yes (Strictly Giovanni was in studio and didn't look too happy) but also probably edible.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Jack as a Hagfish. Hagfish are eel-shaped, slime-producing marine fish (occasionally called slime eels). They are the only known living animals that have a skull but no vertebral column.
PicsArt_01-26-03.11.35.jpg

---

Jack as an Anglerfish. Anglerfish are carnivorous and are thus adapted for the capture of prey. Ranging in color from dark gray to dark brown, deep-sea species have large heads that bear enormous, crescent-shaped mouths full of long, fang-like teeth angled inward for efficient prey grabbing.
PicsArt_01-26-03.11.59.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Don’t fear for Jack, my tenderstems. She’s just now softly, gently, painstakingly moving one scant item at a time across the mountains, prairies and valleys of Thorpe Bay all by her smol pixie self.
E5C48C2A-4CFF-4A16-B3EF-55CFEC83451F.jpeg

One teeny teeny tiny arthritically agonized snuffling and giggling step closer, always closer, forever closer, to her grifted home and its impossibly bucolic spring-blooming forever hydrangea.

(ETA for those who don’t know, this is really Jack. It’s from her Insta 😂)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 91
Jack as a piranha.
Piranhas are South American fish with razor-sharp teeth and a reputation for feeding frenzies. In fact, piranha means "tooth fish" in the Brazilian language of the Tupi people. However, not all piranha species have a taste for blood; some are vegetarian. I wonder if any piranhas are 90% vegan.
PicsArt_01-26-03.12.42.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 88
Miguel Barclay was on Steph's Packed Lunch making a £1 mushroom stroganoff. He talked about how he's been working with Gas Safe to make a list of recipes and educate people about how to save energy and know when there's a problem with their gas cooker. Make u think.

Anyway, I've never come across him before, but he seemed a nice enough chap (if a little grating), and was engaging and explained what was happening in the pan etc.

(I particularly 🦉🍾ed when Simon Rimmer asked him what his favourite recipe he'd created was and he said a risotto but Italians don't like it ... I inhaled, thinking .... what could it be? Lettuce? Basmati rice? Can of peaches? Rinsed hoops? No, he grates cheddar on top. Sacrilege yes (Strictly Giovanni was in studio and didn't look too happy) but also probably edible.)

Quoting myself like a ninny because I just remembered I also 🍾ed and 🦉ed when he said he'd added some fresh spinach because a) nutrition is important when cooking on a budget and b) so is presentation, and even if it's budget cooking it should still look nice and appetising and not just be beige meals 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Don’t fear for Jack, my tenderstems. She’s just now softly, gently, painstakingly moving one scant item at a time across the mountains, prairies and valleys of Thorpe Bay all by her smol pixie self.
View attachment 1911843
One teeny teeny tiny arthritically agonized snuffling and giggling step closer, always closer, forever closer, to her grifted home and its impossibly bucolic spring-blooming forever hydrangea.

Is she golfing? Lesbian golf Jack would be quite entertaining actually.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I still have a a Breville, but mine is clean unlike Gilesy-boy’s there. There are days when nothing hits the spot like a cheese & ham toastie. Send comfort foodos.
Did you read the chefs give food tips article in that bathtub paper a few days ago? Sir Matt OTF’s mate, the estimable Jane Baxter, uses a sandwich toaster to grill veg. I think this could be genius, but can’t test it out as I gave away all three sandwich toasters I was given when I LEFT home in the late 80s (at the midpoint of 16 and 20, Jacko). Almost enough to get me to buy another, but no, kitchen gadgets are at a clutter crisis point and I can’t even get an air fryer til the dog dies (so I hope I never get an air fryer, even though he smells of poo and not biscuits).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Did you read the chefs give food tips article in that bathtub paper a few days ago? Sir Matt OTF’s mate, the estimable Jane Baxter, uses a sandwich toaster to grill veg. I think this could be genius, but can’t test it out as I gave away all three sandwich toasters I was given when I LEFT home in the late 80s (at the midpoint of 16 and 20, Jacko). Almost enough to get me to buy another, but no, kitchen gadgets are at a clutter crisis point and I can’t even get an air fryer til the dog dies (so I hope I never get an air fryer, even though he smells of poo and not biscuits).
This post was a JOURNEY and I have many questions. I hope your dog lives forever x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
View attachment 1911843

Mean streets..and if you look closely, you can see this, which is 1 of 3 comprehensive schools in the background.
Screenshot_20230126-154208_Google.jpg

Cath Kidston indeed witch. #westside.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Was typing out a reply to the OP, but you've said 100% what I was about too... got one, use it daily (CLEANED!) for a week, abandon for six months, repeat.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.