Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There have been lots of moments recently on here where I could have illustrated or reinforced some of my more miserable points with an example from a friend or friend’s family. But I don’t even bother mentioning them in those contexts, because I don’t have the permission of the people concerned to share horrible things about them even anonymously on a pretty anon and niche internet forum, never mind on a bleeping stage in front of a festival audience. How completely grotesque would someone have to be to do that?
Absolutely. I can speak from my own experience though and being someone who (at the time) was a very similar body shape/size to Jack, I can confirm (TW) that fewer paracetamol than that results in many hours of IV Parvolex. And that’s without the additional sleeping tablets, heart meds and vodka she allegedly consumed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
Apols if it's already been mentioned but wtf is this

View attachment 1907106

A coherent single mum? Implying that other single mums, what, can't string a sentence together?

And this? If those people are so poor that they have no voice and are invisible, why are you, greenbelt festival and you, Jack, not sharing some of your platform and giving more people a voice? Why not speak to people who are are actually experiencing poverty right now. Would that not be a bit more relevant anyway than someone recounting for the 1001st time a story that strangely changes a little bit each the they tell it.

View attachment 1907108
Who tf goes to these talks and walks away feeling inspired to action or like they have learnt something? This kind of shite is everything that is wrong with our society and why social mobility is still really bad in the UK.

Sorry, angry. WARNED.

Edited so that screenies are smaller
I also noticed how in the first few minutes she goes on about how social services will help her son but not her- err because you are a functioning adult FFS the entitlement is absolutely disgusting.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Been dipping in and out of the Greenbelt talk in small doses, as otherwise it gives me the rage and I have work to do. I'm up to her big idea for 'changing our world, not the world, our world'. And it amounts to...

Be Kind to people.

Bugger me sideways Jack. A Tory cabinet's nightmare, right there! Everything she's saying is so basic and piss-poor.

51934A67-43B4-4860-A542-E7137A3B9E4E.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
And remember in Guardian comments (I think???) someone reasonably asked her if SB should've gone to his dad for a while during the Poverty.
She flew off the handle about 'well pardon me for not wanting MY SON to be handed over just anybody' (or words to that effect).
Whereas as Jack paints it, it is patently obvious somebody in authority (as family and friends seemed blind to it) should have been looking out for that little lad 😢
Here it is. In the comments for this article. She wades into them A LOT.

A4718BFF-65B2-46AD-A406-C52A5D09018D.jpeg

AD43458C-0CD7-4D06-B187-DAD7CBB1035E.jpeg

Except for here
3BCB5033-250A-4775-A3AE-6F3B20F47732.jpeg

And here
4F426900-B8B7-48FC-B8C6-0DA324EE16F2.jpeg

and here
C2CCECB9-2172-488B-9D87-0AEAA8B6EB8B.jpeg

And here…
622ADEDC-1AB1-41DE-9828-6310D14C6E61.jpeg
1F2446BF-E149-4EB9-8DF3-C2F0D4EEE5AB.jpeg

and… you get the picture…
BOO! I guess
88D54FED-8FD6-45CC-85CC-04AE6508E9AF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
It’s ok. Her entire matriarchal line and many of her former lovers have been Tories, so she’s thinking Nigella will just slot on in there (so to speak)
I quite firmly believe that Jack's "date with a person with over a million twitter followers" was with Nigella. Now, whether Nigella saw it as a date, I don't know, but seems unlikely, because as much as I could kind of believe that Nigella would actually be okay with some lady loving, I don't think Jack would be her type at all.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
She’s SUCH a bleeping bullshitter. There is literally nothing about which she will not lie.

F3067E2E-9AC5-4896-BD23-A93B3086EE89.jpeg
😂
39FF2BA9-A8BD-42DF-8534-DA5660130586.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 116
My last Greenbelt mither, I promise.

JM: 'I was going to sing a song but I've bottled it. I don't know why I mentioned that!'
Audience: 'Aww'
JM: 'Oh OK then if you insist'

You absolute charlatan Jack, you played them like a fiddle.

But oh, the torture of that song! 'I should have started in a different key'. Hahahahaha my cringe created its own field of gravity.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
And don't even get me started on the singing!
I think she has a nice voice and she could probably be a decent singer if she put any effort into it, which of course she won’t. I really don’t like to knock someone’s singing when they’ve posted it online, because I think that takes a lot of courage, but it’s fair game when they are clearly half-arsing it. Couldn’t be bothered with proper diction. I’ve never heard that Tom Waits song before so I tried to follow the lyrics and this is what I got:

We got the syrup
We’re having a wee
Waitin’ all around the sweet boy and the [???] boulevard
Looking’ for a hard-on
Saturday night
It’s the crack of a pool ball
Neon birthdays
Telephone ringing, it’s your second cousin
The farmhand did smile
The collar awry
Magic umbilical tear in her eye
Mexican a-quiver
Down the cord
It’s a green amount of cabbages that cavemen fold
[????]
Saturday night

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
So if you take the other bits out for the moment and just look at that amount of paracetamol, 16g worth is around the toxic dose for a person weighing 12.5 st. I have no idea of Jack's weight but I presume she is far lighter than that.

It takes surprisingly little paracetamol to seriously affect someone's liver, and how serious it is won't usually become apparent until a day or so later. It's important to seek medical help if someone has taken too much, even though they may seem well, as the effects creep up gradually 🙁.
I once, entirely accidentally¹, took 4 paracetamol in the space of ~30 minutes. I felt somewhat sick for a few hours. I weigh ~16 stone.

¹took 2 before my lunch break, forgot and took 2 more after.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Been dipping in and out of the Greenbelt talk in small doses, as otherwise it gives me the rage and I have work to do. I'm up to her big idea for 'changing our world, not the world, our world'. And it amounts to...

Be Kind to people.

Bugger me sideways Jack. A Tory cabinet's nightmare, right there! Everything she's saying is so basic and piss-poor.

View attachment 1907161
By which she means "Be Kind to ME"

By which she means "Don't ask me too many questions"

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Just been to Asda in one of the most deprived areas in the North East (76th in the top [or should it be bottom] 100 in the UK.) 3 copies of GK hidden behind an Asian cookery book. I get so angry that she has been handed so much opportunity to be a force for good and she has blown it all away. This is how it's done. Sorry everyone if this is not allowed but I have huge admiration for this woman and the difference she is making to lives. The antithesis of Jack. https://www.theguardian.com/global/...ng-as-the-cost-of-living-crisis-deepens-video

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I saw two copies of Grifty Kitchen in Morrisons earlier and softly, gently, painstakingly placed Real Life Recipes by Fingers Kerridge in front of them.
Pease think of the staff who painstakingly have to move those books again, Jenny.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I quite firmly believe that Jack's "date with a person with over a million twitter followers" was with Nigella. Now, whether Nigella saw it as a date, I don't know, but seems unlikely, because as much as I could kind of believe that Nigella would actually be okay with some lady loving, I don't think Jack would be her type at all.
At least Nigella doesnt have a cock that she could accidentally fall on

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I think its time now to confess this and I'm totally ashamed to admit this to you all, but I have never listened to Jack singing. 😳

I can't do it, I just can't. Every time I go to click on it I get a real visceral reaction akin to someone asking me to shove my face in a pile of shite. (Or a Jack slop recipe). I'm sorry canal, I feel like I'm letting you all down 😥

My eternal gratitude goes to every one of you who have taken one for the team and I appreciate your amazingly forensic description of the horror. 😨
Sympathy-os. That's how I am with Jack's poetry reading. Have you ever seen that? I get around 30 seconds into the video before I feel my body cringing around the edges as though I'm being folded like a puff pastry. Anyone who makes it to the end of the video deserves a prize imo.

The singing is funny though. I appreciate how her accent is suddenly American. 😂 Has Jack ever covered Bob Marley because I'd love to hear her Jamaican reggae voice.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Not sure if anyone has seen it but Lorraine has just on my telly that the saver squad is back tomorrow. No sign of our Jack but then no sign of anyone else either. Eyes peeled ninnies. Get your alarms set.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.