Jack Monroe #466 I'm heterosexual so I'm buying a guinea pig for Gary Wilmot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fully expecting Jack to read my post from last night and spin it to "the evil trolls have even put an Arabic curse on me" 🤣🤣

2 points of order there Jack:

- It's Ammonite which predates Arab
- Trust me if I knew how to draw down curses, I'd have fully done it by now

Looking forward to seeing what bullshit she spins today. Definitely feels like she's spiralling, has lifted the veil a little bit more, and has lost more support, which is no bad thing.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
You're all a lot more kind hearted than she's ever been when she's set her minions on the obviously vulnerable. When she says she can't do this anymore she means be held accountable and answer questions about the gaping chasms in her story. And as pointed out numerous times hinting/threatening self harm is straight out of an abusers handbook. You'd need a giant pair of bellows and an accelerant to summon up a flicker of sympathy in me for her. She always does this. The grifting gobshite who cried wolf.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Sorry to mither, I’m still in absolute disbelief hours later that she can spin NOT having cancer (something millions could only in their wildest dreams wish for) for sympathy. I know we take the piss out of some of the ridiculous things she exaggerates for attention, but seriously, there is something so inherently fucked up about continually making yourself the victim in Every. Single. Situation.

How can NOT having cancer be a sob story?!?!?!?!?!?!! I really think she actually thinks she’s so hard done by in every aspect of life.
She needs psychological help!

ETA Yes tenderstems she really does believe her life is A Series Of Unfortunate Events
The funny thing about it to me is that Jack's replying to a tweet saying she was breadcrumbing cancer. Jack replies with many tweets about how she *wasn't* breadcrumbing cancer at all. However, in an amazing co-incky-dink, during the same period, she was actually worried she had cancer and was undergoing tests, but she never mentioned it, and was incredibly private about it. So it's just a weird glitch in the matrix that the squig got the impression she was undergoing tests for cancer while she was undergoing tests for cancer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 120
My tuppence worth once more.
We’ve often said Jack doesn’t really have a real personality or identity of her own, which I believe to be true. I suppose in her teen/formative years she was a loner/sweet pea/tell tale that wouldn’t have had many friends. Then she got a baby, got skint, thought she wanted to get into politics to give her a platform to talk about being skint (something which would have been so alien to someone from her background).
That gave her fame and the next minute she’s living with a famous millionaire who had her own tv show, her own restaurants etc etc. it would be hard not to be swept away with the excitement of all that came with it.
But then Jack totally lost it. Did she want to be poor or rich? The credibility might not have been there after Allegra, so she became the most lesbianist lesbian ever, then the NB, then literally everything else.
Her own personality isn’t strong enough on its own to carry her through, so she’s adopted so many things she thinks will keep her in the public eye. I do think without the Allegra relationship early on, things might have been different now.

• Heart
Reactions: 92
I have been suicidal many times in my life, and every single time, even as a melodramatic teenager, I've been worried and paranoid about the impact of casually referring to those feelings.

Partly it was about not wanting anyone to know because if they didn't know then they couldn't stop me. Mostly it was a heavy sense of responsibility for the feelings of worry people might experience if if I hinted at it, and their feelings of guilt if I did then kill myself and they looked back at those hints and felt bad, like they should have done something.

If you feel suicidal, it can often be helpful to talk. But the kind of talking that's helpful is a) an open plea for help from someone equipped to help you and/or b) an outpouring of emotions to someone committed to and capable of being there for you.

So you pick a relative or a friend, or you go to your doctor or therapist, or you pick up the phone to an anonymous hotline, and you let it out. And sometimes just talking helps ease what's going on in your mind, and sometimes you have to come to an agreement with the person you're speaking to about what help you need and what help they can provide and what you're going to do moving forward.

Talking, if you're ready to, is really powerful. Even if you genuinely plan to end your life and don't want any intervention - somewhere like Samaritans is the perfect place for you to have those conversations, because they don't judge you or try to talk you out of it, they just listen and support and understand, they provide you with a space to say the stuff you can't say to anyone else.

Breadcrumbing doesn't help anyone though. It doesn't give you what you need unless all you need is attention and a feeling of power over other people's worry and concern.

One of the worst things about this for me is that I often held off from confiding my feelings to appropriate people who could have helped me because I was terrified of being seen as attention-seeking.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 117
Your final point is really chilling. It’s the thought that this is all for Twitter hits and notifications.

The fact that she could have been posting her last (not slopbot) tweet while watching the masked singer or whatever and then going round to Big Dave’s today for a Sunday dinner as though everything was fine is horrific.
I think she's that warped in the head she could do that tbh. Like those serial killers who were just 'ordinary' people until the truth was discovered.

• Angry
Reactions: 46
Why would someone want to reach out, via Jack of all people, on twitter, for an oncologist to talk to?

My experience is secondhand, but it was made very clear with my husband that support was available for all of us. The hospice even has post death services available, should they be needed for those dealing with the aftermath, including for our daughter who was 8. We chose not to avail ourselves of them, but these things are out there. You certainly do not need to seek out random people via another person to access further information on anything relating to such a thing. In fact, I doubt any oncologist would feel comfortable doing so. I would certainly feel dubious about any that were happy to do so, as it is such a confidentially issue.
Coming from the past, but it's the same thing as the post we picked apart a couple of days ago asking for AA/NA folk for "a friend". The actual channels of support are obvious and easy to find online (the AA/NA website, Cancer Research UK/Macmillan) and a much better get for securing genuine help, advice and support - tweeting requests to half a million people is for one purpose only: attention.

• Sad
Reactions: 73
The conversations on this thread have no doubt been very difficult for some to read, given their own battles with mental health.
as well as this being a safe and open space to talk, if you need to, please know there are:
Samaritans (UK) - 116123
Papyrus, which focuses on suicide prevention for those under 35 (UK)- 0800 068 4141
CALM (UK) - 0800 58 58 58
If you feel triggered by Jack, or by the conversations on here - feel free to take a break - we’ll be here when you get back, but help is available if you need it xx
♥♥

• Heart
Reactions: 184
Softly, gently, painstakingly catching up with the latest chaos. A few thoughts.

@jenny2603 Add me to the list of Frauen with RSI caused by tapping so many laugh/like reactions to your posts. I'm a total ninny when it comes to medical matters, to the extent that I almost have panic attacks when getting results from the eye-scan thingy when I get my eyes tested, so I HUGELY appreciate your matter-of-fact, positive account of your treatment and tests.

Absolute opposite of Jack's approach to spreading panic and misinformation for sympathy.

It's interesting pondering Nigella's reaction to reading Jack's tweets, as she surely has now after being tagged into the rescue tweets.

Now, we've been speculating that Nigella has been distancing herself recently, having been made somewhat aware of the grift. I wouldn't be surprised if Jack had been reaching out to her ahead of the Graun interview, offering up some kind of "excuse" for her (was Nigella's word for it 'inexplicable', I can't remember?) precarious finances. Poor me, pity me Mom, I still need support, it's the tram/whiskey addiction and my inbuilt chaos, I can't help it.

I could imagine Nigella marking down Jack as still a bit hard done by and vulnerable. Somewhat sympathetic, but trying not to get involved anymore.

But now...Nigella has famously lost a lot of people to cancer: her mum, her sister and of course, her first husband. [Who I was 🍕 on an online, early days of the internet, email group, sort of forum thing, back in the day. In Jack parlance: I was therefore a close friend].

What I'm trying to say is that Nigella knows her tit about this sort of thing. She certainly knows that there's a massive, incalculable difference between a scare and a diagnosis. And then a massive gulf between a diagnosis and treatment.

So, as willing to believe the best in people as I believe our Big Suze to be (it's her achilles heel), I doubt she would have much sympathy for this latest sob story. In fact, her sympathy might just have run out.

Anyway, just mithering, with no evidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 90
Would it be possible to combine the Lemony Snicket thread title with 'that Jack Mango' that was mentioned in the last thread? (I feel Jack Mango deserves another shot at being in a thread title)
YOU'D THINK HER LIFE WAS WRITTEN BY LEMONY SNICKET
Thread title nomination please 😂
For example" Her life sounds like it was writtten by Lemony Snicket: Jack Mango's series of unfortunate events"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
She always does this. The grifting gobshite who cried wolf.
If she just held her hands up and answered everyone’s questions and was honest for once, her life would be so much easier. But like a typical narc, admitting wrong-doing isn’t in her vocabulary. She’s never wrong. So she has to plough on with the lies and avoidance tactics, eventually leading to breadcrumbing and flouncing.
Never known someone make their life so so much harder than it needs to be. She inflicts most of this stuff on herself. Reading tattle, name searching on the bird app, reading negative reviews, lying and doubling down, ignoring fans, refuting obvious problems put to her by well meaning squigs/journos.
Self inflicted victim. Can’t understand why she does it. It’s hard to have sympathy when she could clear so much up (for patrons, supporters etc) and make herself, life and mental health better by stopping bleeping lying and addressing all the things that need to be cleared up!
But, as we know, it’ll never ever happen, and so the cycle continues.
Really is madness. She loves to deflect and put onus on us and ‘trolls’. It’s literally her own doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
None of these new revelations will give her a career though. She’s not famous enough to do a ‘cancer scare’ story and I imagine the actual details won’t add up.
Prince Lumpy was unwell a few years ago and his narc sibling started bread-crumbing cancer. Of course he couldn’t keep the story straight a few months later it turned out to be a lump he’d had his entire life. It doesn’t make you like someone though. No one will like you or give you a career for this. You might shift a few extra books and get a bit in your PayPal, you might get a few minutes of sympathy or attention. The ‘pov’ angle has lost its shine as we are a country full of people in actual poverty now. Who would you want talking about this, a nurse or someone who was briefly skint 10/11 years ago.

I can imagine the publishers have lost a bundle on this book, a fortune even. It’s not been bad luck, she did zero work and then zero publicity. No way can they do a biography with her, the constant hailstorm of criticism and people pointing out the lies would be so much work. Especially when you won’t make any money from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I saw my first book in the wild last night. Well it was my local Asda. What an absolute waste of an amazing opportunity. I can't imagine the amount of people who would love to publish a book and would have put in 20x the work. But of course they don't have the twitter reach of Jack so no deal.
Why didn't she get a ghost writer if she couldn't be bothered doing the work herself?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Just a thought this morning:
The "I can't ****ing do this anymore", as usual, leaves her wiggle room to claim that she wasn't even breadcrumbing at all. If she's called out on exploiting suicide she could say she was referring to trolling. She could say social media. She could say being a pov (!), she could say living with pain or whatever (!). She could use any excuse. It leaves flex.
This is why it's so disgusting, because she has posted it so cynically. That really hurts, it's so damaging. Last night I was really angry but this morning it has really upset me....and probably a lot of people here. If you have been affected by suicide or depression you have my love.
She has no regard for those living with suicidal ideation, no regard for those who have lost loved ones to suicide.

She has no heart, just a stone where a functioning human with emotions would have one.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 103
The "I can't ****ing do this anymore", as usual, leaves her wiggle room to claim that she wasn't even breadcrumbing at all. If she's called out on exploiting suicide she could say she was referring to trolling. She could say social media. She could say being a pov (!), she could say living with pain or whatever (!). She could use any excuse. It leaves flex.
This is why it's so disgusting, because she has posted it so cynically. That really hurts, it's so damaging. Last night I was really angry but this morning it has really upset me....and probably a lot of people here. If you have been affected by suicide or depression you have my love.
She has no regard for those living with suicidal ideation, no regard for those who have lost loved ones to suicide.

She has no heart, just a stone where a functioning human with emotions would have one.
I really feel this time she's taken a step over the precipice, and there's no coming back from how people are going to react when they realise it was her sickest ruse yet to distract from the questions about finances.

Reactions: 52
Yes this, one huge tell I noticed recently was how she made a thing of kids 'finding her walking stick for her' but as someone who is actually disabled with a progressive life limiting illness I'd know where my mobility aids were- they'd be right beside me because I NEED and USE them. She's the type of person that makes people disbelieve the real struggles of disabled people because of her cosplaying.
That's very interesting and something quite obvious that I hadn't appreciated. You can't realistically lose your aids far from where you are unless someone helped you get there or has since moved them (and friends and family know better than to tidy that stuff away more than once!). Just something you don't think about until you think about it, then it all unravels.

I had the exact same experience when I posted yesterday about her epipens to combat the anaphyxalis of stress, when I realised she'd be injecting stress hormone. And realised it wouldn't work.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Still grunking.
Jesus Murphy.
Lies make Baby Jesus cry and you've harshed my happy buzz. Nice one, you tip rat.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
I really feel this time she's taken a step over the precipice, and there's no coming back from how people are going to react when they realise it was her sickest ruse yet to distract from the questions about finances.
I'm not so sure. The quote tweets and likes have done their job and reinforced her behaviour. It's part of the narrative that she will hold up and say 'Look what the trolls did to me, look what they drove me to', depending on the reaction (which has been largely positive). The cancer tweets received pushback so she deleted. This one hasn't so she leaves it up. Like somebody said last night, she's crafty. As thick as pig tit but crafty. And cynical. There is literally nothing that she won't exploit now. I really hope she gets help because she is disordered, but any ounce of compassion that I had for her has gone. truly extinguished.

ETA: more context and explanation

Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.