Jack Monroe #466 I'm heterosexual so I'm buying a guinea pig for Gary Wilmot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The recent conversation has reminded me of tweets Jack made a couple of months ago, which I think were also attempts to close down a conversation which she didn’t like. She had ‘two close friends currently in ICU’ then nothing for ages, then referred to a friend having recently topped themselves her words not mine.
This has hints of the emotionless murdered on the job words she used about Sir David Amess’ killing.
Unless it’s about her, she appears to use the most heartless, blunt words to describe trauma.
When she talks about herself she almost always portrays herself as weak and vulnerable. Everything - even the food she eats has to be soft, warming, gentle, comforting. It’s why I am very cynical about the words she said she receives in threats - it’s written in the same way she described a friend and an MP.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 117
I have concerns about this. It might bring Nigella back into the ‘she is having such a difficult time and does so much for so many; please support her through this horrible period’.
I genuinely think and hope Nigella has freed herself of Jack.
She has misguidedly thrown Jack bone after bone, money wise and publicity wise, but surely now realises Jack is beyond help and actively choses to wallow in self pity, misery and laziness.
I think having her name on Grifty Kitchen, but NEVER MENTIONING IT, kind of proves she is well and truly over Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
I genuinely think and hope Nigella has freed herself of Jack.
She has misguidedly thrown Jack bone after bone, money wise and publicity wise, but surely now realises Jack is beyond help and actively choses to wallow in self pity, misery and laziness.
I think having her name on Grifty Kitchen, but NEVER MENTIONING IT, kind of proves she is well and truly over Monroe.
Time will tell xx

Reactions: 31
Her walking stick has ceased to be an attention prop as she posted last week about her daily energetic dog walks with her huge 50lb dog - I do worry about her memory though as she keeps forgetting what's wrong with her!
If she has a bad memory now, wait till she's menopausal!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Hey, so while having some time on my hands, I thought I'd take a quick look at estimated searches for a few Jack-related terms.

Lots of people searching for the threads here (y)

PR campaign for the book isn't going that well - similar amount of searches for + lies, grift, and Teemill. Oh and Google suggested 'the thrifty kitchen suzanne gibbs' as a related keyword LOL.

Nice to see the shift in people searching for info about her Patreon.

Image 22-01-2023 at 11.13.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
That lamb looks tasty, but if you acknowledge the cultural insensitivity does that really make it less offensive?

On topic: I am studiously ignoring the whelksplat in the room.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Much love and respect to Jenny and others here who are able to talk about their real life experiences so eloquently. ❤

As for Jack, she needs serious help, and not from the three therapists (or whatever they are) she has on speed dial.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
i can’t find the listing for her memoir on Amazon any more (but it’s still on Book Depository)

I’m also wondering if the whole TT thing has fallen through - they won’t distribute TK without an addendum from the publisher and PanMac won’t want to spend any more money on a book that’s tanked.
Coming from the past to say that bookshop.org are still advertising the TT Get One Give One promo on their homepage:

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 11.32.47.png

If the promo does get pulled, I wonder if they'd feel obliged to give the cash value of the "donated" books to the TT instead?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
Sorry for being a lazy mare but what was yesterdays cancer breadcrumbing/unbreadcrumbing? I can’t find any tweets

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.