Jack Monroe #465 Unlike Jack Monroe, Jacinda Ardern doesn't need emotional support sideboards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think LA is on shaky ground. Jack’s books were marketed in a way, and backed up by her own words, that they were recipes written based on what you’re given at a foodbank. If she isn’t writing books for those people, or if those people aren’t the most vulnerable in society, then she should answer who her books are marketed at (middle class performative do-gooders in my opinion).
my understanding of it is that what LA said will have no case to answer - she publicises her patreon and has requested tips, hasn’t actually done anything of substance to prevent vulnerabke/poor people - who she supposedly aims her work at - from financially contributing to her patreon or PayPal, and in fact, it’d damage her “brand” if her supporters and patrons weren’t largely people who are financially rocky (as it’d add to the growing sense that it’s a middle class circle jerk where her middle class supporters see her as the acceptable face of poverty).
It’s classic Jack, because the fact is that it wouldn’t be a problem if poor people were contributing, *if* Jack was something cost effective

• Heart
Reactions: 34
my understanding of it is that what LA said will have no case to answer - she publicises her patreon and has requested tips, hasn’t actually done anything of substance to prevent vulnerabke/poor people - who she supposedly aims her work at - from financially contributing to her patreon or PayPal, and in fact, it’d damage her “brand” if her supporters and patrons weren’t largely people who are financially rocky (as it’d add to the growing sense that it’s a middle class circle jerk where her middle class supporters see her as the acceptable face of poverty).
It’s classic Jack, because the fact is that it wouldn’t be a problem if poor people were contributing, *if* Jack was something cost effective
Also, as her publishers made clear, some of the dangerous tips in Grifty kitchen were from a time when Jack was in "extreme food poverty", so surely she also expects that some of her audience, who may have paid for the book, are also in similarly vulnerable dire straits?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Honestly the whole libel thing is a nonsense.

aside from anything else, Jack’s social media behaviour over the last year has actively undermined her chances of showing any defamation or any harm caused; she’s gleefully discussed stoking up “trolls” for a laugh, she’s posted speculating about enjoying the libel as she runs her hands together about her potential financial gains, and everything said by LA (though I have to reiterate, I’m no fan of his) is within a context where Jack *does* crowdfund and request tips, and a reasonable person would accept that it’s fair to believe that people who feel that Jack helps them would be among her supporters.

in reality, “Jack gets money from vulnerable people” is a neutral assertion - if you think about it, supermarket value brands, pound shops, charity shops *all* rely on vulnerable people for their business model, and saying so isn’t a condemnation. Any condemnation is sure;y based on the follow up idea - that Jack doesn’t provide what she claims she will - and her lack of patreon rewards, and the fact that while she talks about all the work she does but hardly posts useful recipes at all, will support the idea that it’s reasonable to criticise her.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
What I find most frustrating is I actually feel sorry for her fans - they seem to not understand that the reality is that when she’s posting the cutesy nice things and the ditzy stuff, she’s actually at her most cynical and in all likelihood is posting while hot with anger and trying to show that she’s not. She’s not conversing, she’s projecting.

I’m one of those who only found here after the first AM stuff, then drifted away after initial curiosity, but it’s seeing it happen again and again in real time that cements it all - there’s no doubt at all in my mind what she is,

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Jesus, here we go, farrow and ball time again 🙄
What is she burying

• Haha
Reactions: 31
503953E5-4B46-49D6-9CDD-F6A41EEF5B18.jpeg

Wut? Where is she getting inexplicable extra chairs from? Does she live in a castle? How did she not realise she had an olive green chair?

I mean I know the answer….

I think Matt Gloss is out though. Is this jaunty chat-for the busker she is pestering?

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Fraus, first fire pit of the year will be getting lit soon... now this is the really awkward bit~ and only if you can afford it~ if you could sling something in the tip jar, I can go and buy myself a fire pit, and thankyou
20230119_182855.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
Has she ever tweeted anything without centering herself? I, I, me me me me 🤯

And then “but it’s her account, what else will she talk about?” erm… how about the campaigning that’s apparently been her “full time job” for ten bloody years? God she’s insufferable. I hope she sues Lee and I hope all her bank statements are made public, every Cotswold purchase and viv (rip) and every penny that DID NOT go to food banks or anyone needy, it just went on precious, special, poor little Jack 😡

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.