Jack Monroe #465 Unlike Jack Monroe, Jacinda Ardern doesn't need emotional support sideboards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love this, I love your influencing, and this is why I love Tattle!

Seeing an iconic Dutch expression used here. You are an angle een engel Shuggsy B!

View attachment 1898702
I actually got the expression from a flower salesman from Amsterdam called Pieter who used to frequent a pub I ran in Derbyshire back in the noughties! He loved Jack Daniels & Coke the ‘way I made it’ supposedly… but it always tickled me the way he described that first slug (after his long ass truck journeys) as “an angel pissing on your tongue”. If a Frau lives near Glossop and goes the market please tell me he still sells there!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I actually got the expression from a flower salesman from Amsterdam called Pieter who used to frequent a pub I ran in Derbyshire back in the noughties! He loved Jack Daniels & Coke the ‘way I made it’ supposedly… but it always tickled me the way he described that first slug (after his long ass truck journeys) as “an angel pissing on your tongue”. If a Frau lives near Glossop and goes the market please tell me he still sells there!!!
❤❤❤
as well as being fraus, we’re vrouwen! Your skills sound f*ckin lekker.

On topic, Jack really did nope the duck out when we were expecting a chaos 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 35
LJC the marketing budget for this must have been HUGE. They’ll never recoup the costs!!
Like I said before. This book was meant to be massive, a household manual. This was her chance at the big time and she massively fucked it. Her hubris, ego and laziness has finally done for her and its well deserved
Well played Jack you utter twit 👏 👏

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Like I said before. This book was meant to be massive, a household manual. This was her chance at the big time and she massively fucked it. Her hubris, ego and laziness has finally done for her and its well deserved
Well played Jack you utter twit 👏 👏
Seeing this book go to market has been like watching a terrible episome of The Apprentice where every decision the team takes makes you cringe and wince as they make a kids toy which looks like the Easter cake he’ll bunny and makes children cry

• Haha
Reactions: 66
I would be surprised at their ages if any bank gave them a mortgage.
It doesn't matter on a BTL mortgage. As long as you have at least 25% ( some cases 20%) of the price and can prove the rent is more than the mortgage, it's not hard to get an offer. There is a problem however that banks won't loan a mortgage if you're renting to a relative. So I think its either her or daddy is buying outright, if not and it was a BTL mortgage then that could be fraudulent and cause the bank to withdraw the offer.

My sister had her first child aged 17. Once she escaped the abusive house we all grew up in, she got married and they bought a tiny house when she got a part time job at the job centre. She helped tens of thousands of people to claim benefits and access training there. After she had been promoted a few times, she began training staff specifically in ways to help people. She then went on to help build a network of (not private sector) training networks to increase levels of literacy and numeracy - the reason why people can get free qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy, as well as GCSEs as adults is due to her hard work campaigning out of the public eye with others who felt the same, that people needed more than just money, they needed actual skills and qualifications to be able to have better lives.

Her house was lovely and very slowly went from bare essentials to beautiful items all carefully chosen and saved for. In her spare time, she'd raise money for assorted charities. Interestingly, she had no time at all for the people who earned money from wailing on TV as they weren't doing the actual work but were picking up thousands of pounds to stick up their noses spend on pretty much the tit that politicians would claim the benefits claimants were going to spend their money on. A suggestion of raising funds for TT was met with a 'rather not, it won't get to the people who need it and it's in their interests that nothing changes, as that's how they make a living'. For somebody who didn't have a bad bone in her body, she had nothing good to say for yet another permanently sniffing media type.

She started her latest fundraising recently. It's what she does, tries to actually help people. She died this morning of cancer, having not said a word to anybody outside her closest family, as she didn't want people to feel guilted into giving money they couldn't afford. It's her birthday next week, just under a fortnight after mine.

She achieved more over her lifetime than JM has done with half a million people paying her attention. She hadn't made a living of hundreds of thousands of pounds out of centring things around how she was pregnant, vulnerable and escaped neglect and abuse as a genuinely tiny and malnourished teenage girl. She got a job, she did it well, she improved her qualifications and she worked bloody hard to make it possible to not just improve the world for a few people, but for thousands. Without ever begging for money and attention, never being a bleep to others, never wanging on about how she'd managed to get from a shithole to a lovely house, just being herself.

I'm sad, obviously. It hurts that she's not around making the world that little bit nicer tonight. But her impact on other people's lives was huge.

My most recent memory of her was when somebody gave her a JM book. She was her usual lovely self, very appreciative and grateful for the kind gift. When I went into the kitchen after her friend had left, I found that my lovely, sweet, caring sister who genuinely had done so much for others and would never say
Oh dragon I'm so sorry for you loss. Its people like your sister who really make a huge difference in this world and it is a poorer place for her loss. I can see amongst your grief is the immense pride you have for her achievements and I truly hope that brings you some comfort and strength to help you through your grief. My love to you and all of her loved ones. She sounds a true good soul ❤

My sister had her first child aged 17. Once she escaped the abusive house we all grew up in, she got married and they bought a tiny house when she got a part time job at the job centre. She helped tens of thousands of people to claim benefits and access training there. After she had been promoted a few times, she began training staff specifically in ways to help people. She then went on to help build a network of (not private sector) training networks to increase levels of literacy and numeracy - the reason why people can get free qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy, as well as GCSEs as adults is due to her hard work campaigning out of the public eye with others who felt the same, that people needed more than just money, they needed actual skills and qualifications to be able to have better lives.

Her house was lovely and very slowly went from bare essentials to beautiful items all carefully chosen and saved for. In her spare time, she'd raise money for assorted charities. Interestingly, she had no time at all for the people who earned money from wailing on TV as they weren't doing the actual work but were picking up thousands of pounds to stick up their noses spend on pretty much the tit that politicians would claim the benefits claimants were going to spend their money on. A suggestion of raising funds for TT was met with a 'rather not, it won't get to the people who need it and it's in their interests that nothing changes, as that's how they make a living'. For somebody who didn't have a bad bone in her body, she had nothing good to say for yet another permanently sniffing media type.

She started her latest fundraising recently. It's what she does, tries to actually help people. She died this morning of cancer, having not said a word to anybody outside her closest family, as she didn't want people to feel guilted into giving money they couldn't afford. It's her birthday next week, just under a fortnight after mine.

She achieved more over her lifetime than JM has done with half a million people paying her attention. She hadn't made a living of hundreds of thousands of pounds out of centring things around how she was pregnant, vulnerable and escaped neglect and abuse as a genuinely tiny and malnourished teenage girl. She got a job, she did it well, she improved her qualifications and she worked bloody hard to make it possible to not just improve the world for a few people, but for thousands. Without ever begging for money and attention, never being a bleep to others, never wanging on about how she'd managed to get from a shithole to a lovely house, just being herself.

I'm sad, obviously. It hurts that she's not around making the world that little bit nicer tonight. But her impact on other people's lives was huge.

My most recent memory of her was when somebody gave her a JM book. She was her usual lovely self, very appreciative and grateful for the kind gift. When I went into the kitchen after her friend had left, I found that my lovely, sweet, caring sister who genuinely had done so much for others and would never say
Oh dragon I'm so sorry for you loss. Its people like your sister who really make a huge difference in this world and it is a poorer place for her loss. I can see amongst your grief is the immense pride you have for her achievements and I truly hope that brings you some comfort and strength to help you through your grief. My love to you and all of her loved ones. She sounds a true good soul ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

My most recent memory of her was when somebody gave her a JM book. She was her usual lovely self, very appreciative and grateful for the kind gift. When I went into the kitchen after her friend had left, I found that my lovely, sweet, caring sister who genuinely had done so much for others and would never say a harsh word to anybody had taken that book, still half wrapped - and planted it squarely in the kitchen bin.
Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. Your sister sounded amazing. What a beautiful being. duck cancer. It always takes the good ones. I hope you're going ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I’m sorry I’m on an early morning grunk and may have missed a few pages - have we discussed the meetcute with the Tracy Chapman handsum bridge dweller yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Can any advertising fraus estimate how much those train station posters cost? They alone must be more than the book has made, before the passive or push for it to be reviewed everywhere!

Reactions: 24

I did the new thread. May have buggered up the nommed title, wasn't sure if gak was allowed, sorry Mrs O x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

I did the new thread. May have buggered up the nommed title, wasn't sure if gak was allowed, sorry Mrs O x
Can ask a mod to change it x

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Robbed!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.