Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
It's the inconsistency of it all. Someone with the opposite political leaning she'd never say it's online abuse and harassment. In her head it would be fair enough the messages they receive.

• Heart
Reactions: 85

MancBee

VIP Member
If she could doxx any of us and have literal human shit sent to our doors she would, a
When I worked at a Gay club back in the 80's we had human shit sent to us. It was a bit of a shock the first time, but the real thing for me was the fact that someone had taken the time to...

Shit somewhere they could pick it up
Pick it up and put into an envelope
Find out our addresses
Pay for the stationary and postage stamps
Walk to a postbox
Be so full of hatred they spent their time doing this

On topic, Jack is still a...

Dickhead.

• Heart
  • Sad

The carlin

Apologies dear Fraus but I cannot post links properly 🥹 but have this anyway to read with your Thursday morning slow cooker tea...

A bit of a mither cos I may be being stupid here but, if you're going to eat the veg peelings anyway, why peel the veg in the first place? Why not just scrub them and eat them unpeeled? Thats what I do. Why bother saving up nearly half a kilo of peelings? How many 🥕 do you need to make half a kilo of peelings? I just can't make sense of it?

• Haha

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
Nah, I reckon she'll have done well to get to 5k
Screenshot_20230118_151836_Chrome.jpg

She's been bumping along around 1000 for a while, so if most of her sales were in the first week and preorders, and she didn't beat 3500 (as mentioned up thread by @FlirtyThirty ) then I reckon she's somewhere around 4-5000 maximum. Plus all the shenanigans with the ebook being pulled and refunded.
It's also telling that Jack herself did hardly any promo to juice presales apart from a pinned tweet, and the whole "buy one, buy one for the TT" thing has fallen flat and needs money spent on amendments.
This book has done *really badly*.

I honestly think she will pivot away from food. Nobody takes her seriously at all in the food world, she isn't working on content for an audience on social like other cooks, there are so many others doing better up in her niche of budget cookery (that doesn't look like dogshit and taste of nothing) that I cannot see her continuing to push herself as any kind of competent voice on food or cooking.

• Heart

Reagent

Just been shopping in my local Morrisons. 3 copies of gk on display. If I had to feed my family on £20 a week I certainly wouldn't be spending over half my weekly budget on a book with a gurning woman wearing stunt hair on the cover. I was duty bound to hide them behind an air fryer recipe book for £8.00 that had lots of delicious looking dishes on the front.

• Haha
  • Heart

Foxvint

VIP Member
We point out she doesn't RT anything that doesn't benefit her or breadcrumb her sads - flurry of RTs today. She's Tattles biggest stan

• Haha

GigglePops

Love this. Leftist types in a long thread all laughing at her. Squigs make fair points. A post that she thought might go viral is now just a big "hello, remember me?" for the non-usual suspects to point and laugh. She's a laughing (tasteless) stock.
Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 13.02.53.png

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 13.03.55.png

• Haha
  • Heart

AlwightDallin

VIP Member
Poors/ Foodbank users don’t spend a £7 on the most expensive name brand extra virgin olive oil so they ain’t gonna be arsed when it’s £10.
This! Absolutely this! I volunteer at a food bank / reduced cost membership grocery as my work is kind enough to give us paid volunteering time (I’d do it for free but I need to do it in school hours).

We get donations from supermarkets- close to date stuff, seasonal stuff etc. we do get oil. Sunflower oil. No one in need (and I mean that with the greatest respect, we get nurses, factory workers, teaching assistants, as well as disabled and older people - people who shouldn’t need our help but do) asks for olive oil especially spenny olive oil. It’s food, hearty food they need, and things for children. Pasta, frozen meats and fish, jars of cooking sauce, rice, beans etc. They all own tin openers. They can’t afford to simmer things on the hob for a hour though. I hate that ‘poors’ are seen as some underclass. Jack is a Tory though so it figures.

I rarely judge anyone, especially the grocery clients and the kindness of the community I live in is so heartwarming. But that kindness is exactly what Jack is exploiting via Twitter. She (in a virtual space) is presenting as a poor person, a disabled single mother living hand to mouth, cold, with a son to feed. It’s disgusting poverty cosplay aimed at the wallets of the people who think she’s one of them (and often those who have least share what they can as they know hardship) and the middle/upper class who think by throwing a few quid at a poor they can justify their own lavish lifestyle because they’re ‘doing their bit’.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 84

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Commander Vimes placed his police helmet on the sideboard. He pondered, what do the people like the Patrician place their hats on? They probably have gilded hatstands, worth tens of thousands.
And what about the average working man? He probably has enough to buy a smart looking sideboard, albeit just veneered, for about £800 whereas those in the poorer villages, they would just hammer a nail in a wall in their ramshackle rented hovel. No, Vimes was happy with his Argos £100 sideboard, which he paid for in cash with his hard earned wages.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

OwlChampagne

Read the first line of her tweet about JA resignation, (genuinely) thought "oh, is this a new Jack emerging, expressing care about another person?"

Got to the line about nothing left in the tank, "oh, right, no. Just all about her as usual."

It seems I have not yet learned that she's incapable of change.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

SweetTransvestite

VIP Member
Well she's just popped my balloon.
Takes of party hat and snatches VBI banners down.
dont-be-upset.gif

We're all upset. We were all waiting for the "big VBI reveal" and I'm sure I'm not alone to admit being quite hurt, shocked, surprised and disgusted to think we've been strung along in this duplicitous manner.
[Whispers] I'll pop you an extra curly wurly in a sparkly jiffy bag.
I'm gonna take some time alone, breathe my own air and hold my own space.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83