Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This makes me sad. She never sets him up to thrive does she, like when she tweeted about considering putting him through the grammar school application process the week before the deadline (or had it already passed?) as if that was at all viable. Like ofc some really bright children can just pass those exams but the majority will have benefitted from years of coaching or additional support at school, it’s probably more of a from birth decision than a week before decision?

Also idk how to type this in a way that isn’t horrible but… I feel uncomfortable that the content of him that she shares is never of a child thriving and exceeding age appropriate expectations. I think she thinks it validates her persona as this underprivileged urchin which is why she does it? If she was still in Mumsnet mode the content she shares would be very different.
Some narc parents actively like to set their kids up to fail. My mum forced me to play the violin when I was 8, it wasn’t something I was interested in. The first time I took it out at home to practice I was ridiculed (I was in my room and she actually called others over to come and laugh at me). I was told that it sounded like I was strangling a cat, I was awful etc. In the 4 years I played not once was I allowed to practice it at home, I also wasn’t allowed to give it up. My teacher said I was very talented, I didn’t believe him. The music teacher at school made me join the orchestra and I remember her telling my Mum I had a real talent and encouraging me to consider learning other instruments. I hated it. I thought they were trying to humiliate me. My Mum always used to tell me that she could have gone to University if she hadn’t had me. She used to tell my teachers that at parents evening and ask if they thought I was smart enough to go. The day I got an unconditional offer to Uni I showed her my letter, she glanced at it and put it down telling me my younger brother had got into catering college. I was so mad at myself for looking for her approval and thinking that she would be proud of me.

Children for narcs are either seen as an extension of themselves or as a rival. Someone they can control and have power over so they feel better about themselves. I really do hope that his dad makes up for him having a tit mum and can counteract some of the damage she is inflicting. If she thinks she is lonely now wait until he grows up and has a choice in whether he gives her the time of day. I’m willing that little boy on to get older and realise that he is stronger than her and that her behaviour says everything about her and nothing about him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 126
It seems odd to me that her eye wasn't bloodshot. You'd really expect that with any kind of eye injury. The eyeball is very sensitive.
Having said that there is a tiny bit of swelling under the eye, but that's all really.
The teeniest tiny swelling.

My son was hit in the face by a grigri on a zip wire and cracked his eye socket and the swelling was HUGE.

Obviously it's my fault for not using the Grigrii to secure an old t shirt to drain some overcooked lentils.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
She’s not poor anymore so why does she have to buy the cheapest chocolate and cheapest honey.
Anyone who’s ever bought tesco value or the equivalent will know that that concoction is going to be vile.
Also 10 meetings a week, spending hours hanging around paint shops, working 120 hours a week, tweeting tit 70 hours a week… she’s running out of actual hours.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
She is a bleeping hateful parent. I grew up in an abusive home and the very worst bits were the emotional abuse. I can’t remember every instance of DV but I remember every single one where I felt scared, belittled, bullied and verbally spat on.

She is doing untold damage to that child. And I hope the fact we see him very little with her means that his other loving adults are keeping him safer now than they did in the past. He isn’t safe with her, even if she is sober.
I grew up with similar experience. It was when he was sober that the abuse was worse. I wish someone had stepped in at the time. As an adult I feel let down. Justice was done but it took years and we could have been spared that if people had acted sooner. I worry SB is going to grow up the same way. I've had therepy btw but there are days where it comes back and it still stings even after all these years. As a parent myself that kind of experience makes me want to to protect my little ones and give them everything I can. Their happiness is paramount.
I wonder how an abusive narc like Jack is made when their upbringing is good and loving. In my sperm donor's case, he himself was abused by his father and his father before him so it's a cycle.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
See the grubby checked duvet cover has made a reappearance.

Bet she doesn’t make swamp hot chocolate for SB

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Christ. Squigs are engaging so she’s off. The usual ‘Goodnight’ as a prelude to a night of utter nonsense. Sorry, I just can’t. I’m off to bed. Night, you lovely lot. 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
She’s not poor anymore so why does she have to buy the cheapest chocolate and cheapest honey.
Anyone who’s ever bought tesco value or the equivalent will know that that concoction is going to be vile.
Also 10 meetings a week, spending hours hanging around paint shops, working 120 hours a week, tweeting tit 70 hours a week… she’s running out of actual hours.
It's because she hates food.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I don't know. She has her "forever home" so maybe this book was nothing more than a contractual obligation. I don't think she gives a tit, she's got what she wanted. However, the ridicule *must* be hurting and embarrassing her. Good.
Ah well as so many of us have suggested owning isn't a free ride. All the maintenance and upkeep is on you, not a landlord or council, or whatever. Enjoy being responsible for your own drains, plumbing, electrics, boiler, central heating, whatever Jack. I've OWNED my own home for nearly 40 years. I've said before, but I hope your roof leaks Jack, they all do at some point. Enjoy!x❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
She’s awake and tweeting shite about the BBC sofa 🙄

View attachment 1890663
There's not just one foyer at Media City. The BBC has more than one building. The foyer for the studios has never had a red leather sofa in it, neither does the building where the BBC Breakfast is filmed, nor the BBC Sports buildings.

Salford residents can get free tours around the buildings...I've done it more than once. No sofas in any foyers, so no Jack, you don't remember correctly.

Does she not think that someone that works there may have noticed it if that where it were. Or if they hadn't noticed it, one of the work colleagues might have seen it. But no, Jack who lives 300 miles away thinks she knows better than those that work there.

head.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 111
She has an almost anti-influencer effect in that she puts me off most things she raves about or selfies with. I used to like the Strawberry Thief pattern, FFS! Now every time I see it I’ll think “Eww her curtains!”

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Like no one in physical or mental pain has ever been to an AA meeting before :rolleyes: You're not as special or as brave as you think you are, Jack.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
If you were in so much pain that you couldn't get in or out of a car on your own, of course you would gladly accept help.

Stop sadfishing, Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.