Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she was hoping the teacher would do them for free. Because it's Jack Monroe.
It seriously would not surprise me.
TBH I wonder if she put it up knowing damned fine it’s not actually as good as she’s making out, expecting “the trolls” to make horrible comments about his playing, so she can use that for sympathy and distraction aswell.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
TBH I wonder if she put it up knowing damned fine it’s not actually as good as she’s making out, expecting “the trolls” to make horrible comments about his playing, so she can use that for sympathy and distraction aswell.
Nah I think she knows (or knew back when that was posted) she'd get loads of uncritical praise for being a wonderful mum - oh and how alternative her child is playing a tune from that completely unknown band My Chemical Romance...

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Yes I think some of the foster kids she met will have been WC. If you recall, she described them as “feral”.

Wouldn’t be surprised if SBs dad is also WC and she clearly sees herself as way, way above him, if only for the simple reason that she thought it was fine to tell loads of lies by omission about him and never once seemed worried about any clapback.
He probably is unless he’s also an intergenerationally wealthy girly. Basildon is p much equidistant between Dagenham and Thorpe Bay, but believe it’d be more demographically similar to Dagenham than the affluent retirement community of TB. All of that “London overspill” is a bit of a class paradox cos there’s definitely money there it just doesn’t present in the Anya Hindmarch 🤝 gallery wall 🤝 #reno way so even middle class property owners round there would be unpalatable to Jack.

But the dad is actually low waged although there’s been evidence of side hustles shared on the threads before, but lifestyle wise as per social media he’s not living anywhere near the same way Jack is. It’s weird she’s chosen to live half an hour away - and that’s by car!

Reactions: 42
He probably is unless he’s also an intergenerationally wealthy girly. Basildon is p much equidistant between Dagenham and Thorpe Bay, but believe it’d be more demographically similar to Dagenham than the affluent retirement community of TB. All of that “London overspill” is a bit of a class paradox cos there’s definitely money there it just doesn’t present in the Anya Hindmarch 🤝 gallery wall 🤝 #reno way so even middle class property owners round there would be unpalatable to Jack.

But the dad is actually low waged although there’s been evidence of side hustles shared on the threads before, but lifestyle wise as per social media he’s not living anywhere near the same way Jack is. It’s weird she’s chosen to live half an hour away - and that’s by car!
As another frau said in the last thread I think she is clearly completely reliant on her parents still, which is odd as they left her and SB starving. But I think that's why she can't leave Southend. But yeah she could choose not to live in the most affluent area lol

• Heart
Reactions: 51
It’s really sad. She only ever talks about him through the lens of Jack. No “so proud of my boy for scoring the winning goal at yesterday’s match” or anything like that. Her proud moments are all about him doing things for her or imitating her interests.
She can't afford football lessons AND piano lessons. Or either. Do you want her to stop breathing?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Coming from the last thread to say I am absolutely hooting at that photo with the Green & Blacks cocoa powder.

Even during the bleeping photoshoot for a low-cost cooking book, she still can't resist flaunting her expensive tastes...absolutely pathetic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
While she’s still unconscious I’ve been looking through her likes. She’s a mucky cow isn’t she.
30F09D66-35CC-4278-A48D-24B6EB52C0B4.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
bsbnajs

a
Ansjen
Pretty much spot on. Bas is a “new town” and doesn’t have either the style of architecture Jack likes or lots of well-embedded naice neighbourhoods/communities. Parts of the borough are nice enough, and it’s a good commuter location (journey is just short enough that it’s not the end of the world if you don’t get a seat in the morning), but it’s not good enough for Jack, and she famously works from home (100+ hours per week!) anyway so has no need to commute. Good observation re the selection of higher earning households in that location too @heretoreaditall2019 👏 one of my extended family members definitely fits into that group you’ve described, lives a bit north of Basildon, different borough but not by much, and would rather have one Maserati out the front and slick interiors than a million Anya Hindmarch, Orla Kiely, whatever branded bits of clutter indoors.

Only thing I would add is that there are plenty of pockets of Southend, including the one that grew me, that are also demographically very similar to the broader swathes of Basildon, Dagenham etc.. Although Jack wouldn’t dream of moving to any of them either, even if some of them do have glorious estuary views, so I suppose it’s a moot point.

Southend ain’t all lovely Thorpe Bay (or Shoebury Garrison, or Leigh’s Marine/Highlands Estates), it’s still got some of the most deprived postcodes in the country, as in they’re in the top 5% of the IMD. (Southend is actually very like Zone 1/2-3 of London in that respect, the deprivation and wealth are often found very close together, unlike in an lot of other places where there’s usually more of a gradual transition between areas.) I raise this whenever the opportunity arises, because it always underscores the point that she really does not care about people living in poverty and deprivation. It’s just a hook for her, the way she could become famous, and it worked until now because so few people were paying attention to it.

Jack could have been even more famous, and could have won her fame deservedly, if she’d been a good and effective activist, improving people’s opportunities, forcing local services to improve provision and resource allocation for the people in desperate need locally. (Southend’s current council cabinet are doing some good stuff actually, both policywise and the things they’re giving the nod to officers to do - one recent thing that caught my eye was a £25k grant bid that was won and used to buy slow cookers and electric blankets for households in fuel poverty, to help them cook and stay warm less expensively. But Jack had almost a decade of a tit local Tory administration to challenge, yet didn’t change anything they did, makes you think.)

Even if she’d just done the damn foodbank volunteering she pretended to, except without the drama she caused on the odd occasion she demanded to have people’s time, she could have built a good solid reputation locally; if she’d platformed local people and groups who are doing the work, if she’d held up the examples in Southend of people working tirelessly to fill some of the gaps government has created over the last decade; if she’d done anything meaningful she could practically have been carried aloft to give evidence in Parliament on a cloud of people’s enthusiasm. But nah. Twitter and “Poor me” stories and paint and TROLLS instead. And fraud and grifting, obvs.

Anyway, Jack does nothing for people who live in deprived postcodes, only the postcodes where Farrow and Ball stockists are to be found.

short further readings

• Heart
Reactions: 82
I guess send it to "last known address" so the one on Companies House, or maybe to C/O Big Dave MBE?
Her address should be visible in her correspondence to Patreons as part of the distance selling regs - apols if someone has already said

• Wow
Reactions: 45
I fancy some toast, who do I have to give a ham shank* to?

*farrow & ball #344
Reminds me of this joke .
Yorkshire man goes into a cafe in the redlight district of Amsterdam, sees the menu board , "Blow Job €5 , Hand Job €4 , Ham sandwich €2 . He ask's the attractive lady behind the counter "Are you the lass that gives the hand jobs, "yes " she replied, "well wash your hands, I want a ham sandwich"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
OK, way behind still but wany to mention the curtain pictures. I think the ones from pic three are the same ones from pic one. The same neutral linen pattern ones but with voiles scrunched in the tie back with them.

Screenshot_20230116-133230_Adblock Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20230116-133246_Adblock Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20230116-133254_Adblock Browser.jpg

I could be wrong, but if that's the case then the timeline of the pics might not be as straight as she would have us believe 🤔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
There is a whole section of twitter who claim to have POTS, ehler danlos (spelling?!), C-PTSD,ASD, ADHD among others. They tend to be very guardianista types, who are obsessed with trans rights and BLM despite being mostly oxbridge educated with zero experience of discrimination because Daddy got them their internship.

Just like actual poor poor people, actual people with mental health problems are just an inconvenient truth.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Right, okay, as promised, my brief mitherings on the Bright Blue report and its reflection of Jack’s colour coded bookshelves.

On the face of it, the Bright Blue (hereafter BB) report might look like it contains some quite decent ideas, even for non-Tories. The contributions-based short-term unemployment benefits for example, well, it would just bring us in to line with successful European countries who have a similar model, wouldn’t it? Not a terrible idea.

Except it is a terrible idea here, because the successful places who have that system ALSO have clear blue water between them and us on other absolutely crucial bits of social policy, like housing and childcare. It’s workable in other places because of all the other things that allow it to be workable. It would crash and burn here because there’s insufficient scaffolding to allow it to settle even if we build it.

For example, If I lose my job, I have two months to find and start a new one before UC stops reimbursing me towards little aeroplane (LA)’s childcare costs (which it doesn’t even come close to covering but we manage). If I don’t find and start another one within those two months, I have to withdraw LA from the childcare provider. LA’s place will be filled immediately because the childcare provider has a waitlist. When I do find another job, I then have to find another childcare provider. In our location that is around a 9-12 month wait. So, really, what difference will a short-term higher rate of out-of-work UC make to us as a household? I’d still end up f***ed. What would make a difference would be improving childcare provision and increasing the duration of time assistance is provided if you’re between jobs. Anyone who has worked for the NHS or civil service or local government knows the recruitment process can easily take 3 months!

And as other knowledgeable ninnies have already said, similar policies don’t always work in other places because the devil is in the detail and eligibility criteria etc. will screw over many lower earners who should benefit from it too.

and there’s no point me starting on housing because we’d be here all day.

Anyway, what BB have done here in producing this report - and getting Jack Monroe, who proudly trumpets that she hasn’t claimed benefits for years (and therefore doesn’t actually have a LIVED EXPERIENCE clue how the system works now) to be their poverty/benefits “expert by experience” (🤮) - is produce something that, to people with a particular perspective, looks good. Like the coloured bookshelves look good to people with a particular perspective. A perspective that doesn’t need things to work, that only needs them to look nice. But to anyone who thinks beyond the surface even a bit, it’s just crap, utter crap. Like the coloured bookshelves being an utterly crap way of ordering a book collection.

That was all, really. Just, it’s more superficial bullshit for superficial thinkers. I’m bored and disappointed that this is what the UK is these days. We’re still home to great thinkers and doers but none of them seem to be involved in politics or public administration.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.