Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, duck, those recipes are awful. And their intros!

I eat my hat if an Italian friend 'laughed and affectionately nicknamed it la zuppa di uno sciocco', because that's not grammatically correct in Italian. I suspect her Italian friend is google translate. Should be 'la zuppa di un sciocco'.

ETA: It's Con Te Partito all over again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
If we all stopped talking about her at once and ignored her, I reckon she would be searching the parenting site and Reddit just in case we were all meeting up somewhere else. Or even…😱 meeting up in person and having fun without her! We may need to consider strike action.
Ooh yes, it wou
In all seriousness Coops isn't there is he?
It was like this with Mini and Dash 😢
No sightings for months/weeks until she tries to gaslight. Expect a breezy - 'omg for all those trying to imply something, Cooper is now very happily living with SB's dad. This was always going to be the arrangement since he was a kitten if I ever downsized. Please try harder if you want to twist something lovely into something horrible'.
Unfortunately I expect you to be right. I'm seriously hoping he's just moved in with one of the neighbours.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
Jack's recipe for prawn cocktail is frozen prawns mixed with ready-made, shop-bought seafood sauce 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 107
I see her knack for writing the least appetising recipe intros possible is still 👌.
Rocky road: "one person's junk is another person's treasure". Sounds delicious thanks Jack!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
This was mentioned a few months ago I think?
She rolled out one of her photos at a desk with a top pocket full of biros.
I can only presume she did her usual of minimal unhelpful input, honking about herself at a meeting or two (I think they were on zoom) but they still have to credit her 🤷‍♀️
I think, if so, she has now managed to..single-handedly, gently reword that ancient phrase, which should read: a broken clock is right ONCE a day. If you are lucky.

Isn't that what ODAAT stands for?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It is a bit of a reach to be featuring a recipe using leftover Christmas chocolates (and optional nuts) in mid-January.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I see our old friend desiccated chicken appears in that Express advertorial. Mmmmmm yummy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Jack's recipe for prawn cocktail is frozen prawns mixed with ready-made, shop-bought seafood sauce 😂
I'm not surprised. After all, the maverick kitchen savant's recipe for tomato soup is ... a tin of tomato soup.

And she gets paid for this shite.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
There isn't anything new or interesting in the Sunday Express Grifty supplement - I've attached it behind the spoiler below for completeness.

They haven't even named her on the front page advertising it! 🤭

View attachment 1883987

That intro was written by a copywriter with a very simple brief - include the following recipes and make it sound appetising. It's the sort of vanilla guff that requires zero research and can be churned out and tweaked in about 15-20mins. Max. Including putting the kettle on for a cuppa.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I see our old friend desiccated chicken appears in that Express advertorial. Mmmmmm yummy.
It's baffling, sticking a whole chicken in the oven so that you can serve it with the main part of the recipe, which is a cold slaw. Baffling!!

I'm not surprised. After all, the maverick kitchen savant's recipe for tomato soup is ... a tin of tomato soup.

And she gets paid for this shite.
Not to be confused for her recipe for baked beans, for which you need ..... a tin of baked beans.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
In all seriousness Coops isn't there is he?
It was like this with Mini and Dash 😢
No sightings for months/weeks until she tries to gaslight. Expect a breezy - 'omg for all those trying to imply something, Cooper is now very happily living with SB's dad. This was always going to be the arrangement since he was a kitten if I ever downsized. Please try harder if you want to twist something lovely into something horrible'.
bloody hell, are you sure you’re not Jack. You have her spot on!:eek: :D Really makes you think.

Ah, wait, you forgot PAL.

WARNED.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
This puts it as baldly in the press as I've ever seen it I think - specifically stating the drunk/spending/tramadol money was donated by the public, and was intended to support her work. And the FT too 😬
If that is not true (it is) that is the sort of thing you would think she should be litigious over.

View attachment 1883918

(@Veronicaaa screenshot).
Yes, yes, yes.
She issued a series of tweets on Jan 7 outlining her clear timeline of events and stating that she did NOT (her capitals) spend Patreon money recklessly. FT has now contradicted this.
At the very least I would like to see her explain that the money from Patreon went towards her household expenses and then she got on the internet and spaffed the money she earned.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Why doesn't she remove the sofa cushions amd wash them with dettol, much more hygenic and a better clean.

Reactions: 21
Is that the chicken that Andy Lynes said you might as well cook according to instructions on packet?
I think it is! - salt, pepper, and put it in the oven until it’s cooked. I dunno about you, but I'm throwing away my Ottolenghi books now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.