Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My not so SB plays piano, he's mid teens. There is nothing in this world that gives me more pleasure than watching him play, especially as neither me nor OH (who is STILL HERE) can string two notes together.
It's like he's performing actual magic.
If her son has shown an interest in it and she's denied him that in favour of sideboards and Viv (actual RIP), she's even more of a crashing idiot than I thought, and that's a bar so low that it's on the floor.
That's the tragedy of having a narc parent though isn't it- they never centre you in anything that they do, you are always an afterthought. Everything is to suit their needs and aims and they are unable or unwilling to place themselves in your shoes. She couldn't possibly comprehend that it might be a good thing to buy one less bastard ink-blue sideboard or two and instead pay for his piano tuition for an entire year, as it would be beneficial to his growth. Christ, every time he is in the background of a picture he's always hunkered over a device (or maybe a book) and completely disengaged from her. He's an accessory.

It's incredibly damaging to a young mind- he will go through life thinking everything is his fault until one day he has a moment of realisation that she is a PoS and cut her out of his life.

Sorry...bit heavy...and it makes me really sad for him. That's the worst thing that she has done- of all things- treat him like he's second best while she thinks she's the best parent who ever walked the Earth. Vile.

ETA: I already know what her response to this would be- "But I was building a home for us both, that was important" or "He wasn't very good/in to it". There's always a justification. Exhausting. Never wrong. That's why nobody will ever get through to her how much of a bleep she is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 89
Yes! We could stage a 24 hour walk out! But still chat on other threads, to keep the tattle gods happy.

ETA @MrsFawlty great minds!
I SHALL.
(Have gig tickets for my fav band. Looking forward to a lovely evening out with my Old Harold who hasn't LEFT. Then doing it again Tuesday. Living my best life TOOT TOOT)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just leaving this here. Be back soon. 👋
The article is a bit of a reach which is a pity because there is an article waiting to be written about our chums exploitation of a trans identity. He gets close to making a decent point when referring to the Cardwalldr interview, he skewers the dreadful photos that accompany it and I thought for a brief, glorious moment he was going to go all in on her claims of using testosterone* but alas, no. The writer seems to be straining to link Monroe's somewhat flexible attitude to the truth and her NB identity which tells us rather more about where he stands than anything about Jack. To end the final paragraph on "Is Jack Monroe confused? Has she told lies? I’ve no idea." is disappointing, it's the kind of basic question I'd like to see answered in any article on Jack. All in all, I'm sure Jack will be pleased with the article.

*Sorry but if you've ever encountered anyone who has used testosterone, you'll be as perplexed as I am as to how Jack seems to be more feminine at the end of the process than she was at the beginning.

• Heart
Reactions: 100
It has, but thank you anyway! Did you come across without searching for Jack?
A friend shared it with me! I should have known Tattle would be on the ball 😁

I can't believe this woman. What a ridiculous person she is, her food is awful and her 'tips' are bizarre and dangerous. I used to follow this thread back in the 2020 lockdown days and I dip in every now and again but she has really outdone herself with the latest book. The jig is up surely

• Heart
Reactions: 50
If someone can teach themselves the piano with second hand books and stickers on the keys, why hasn't Jack taught herself? Plunking out one note at a time to accompany yourself honking doesn't count as being able to play the piano. #pianotruther

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
That's the tragedy of having a narc parent though isn't it- they never centre you in anything that they do, you are always an afterthought. Everything is to suit their needs and aims and they are unable or unwilling to place themselves in your shoes. She couldn't possibly comprehend that it might be a good thing to buy one less bastard ink-blue sideboard or two and instead pay for his piano tuition for an entire year, as it would be beneficial to his growth. Christ, every time he is in the background of a picture he's always hunkered over a device (or maybe a book) and completely disengaged from her. He's an accessory.

It's incredibly damaging to a young mind- he will go through life thinking everything is his fault until one day he has a moment of realisation that she is a PoS and cut her out of his life.

Sorry...bit heavy...and it makes me really sad for him. That's the worst thing that she has done- of all things- treat him like he's second best while she thinks she's the best parent who ever walked the Earth. Vile.

ETA: I already know what her response to this would be- "But I was building a home for us both, that was important" or "He wasn't very good/in to it". There's always a justification. Exhausting. Never wrong. That's why nobody will ever get through to her how much of a bleep she is.
You are so right. And heaven forfend he'd be better than her at anything.
I don't want to imagine the narc rage that would ensue.
It's dreadfully sad.

Eta I missed an apostrophe but it was a design choice.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
As a childhood piano frau who has grade 8 🍉 there is no need for someone starting out to have 2 one hour lessons a week. Pretty sure when I started it was 30 min lessons a week, upped to an hour during grammar school when I was doing A level Music and needing grade 8. The main point is you have a lesson and the teacher gives u techniques which u work on all week and the practice time is the main thing. You would probably up it to 2+ lessons if you were showing serious talent to actually break through. Or the other reason is your parents were loaded so wanted to try to fast track you. But there is no benefit for a beginner to have such long lessons.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
You would probably up it to 2+ lessons if you were showing serious talent to actually break through. Or the other reason is your parents were loaded so wanted to try to fast track you. But there is no benefit for a beginner to have such long lessons.
However, Jackie could boast to the local mummy-blogger types that SB was soooo talented his teacher was insisting on him having extra lessons.

I see this all the time in my 🍉 sport club. The parent is convinced that their child is the bestest ever, so they need lots of lessons or they won't get to the Olympics or world championships (I'm serious, there are parents with absolute beginner children who think that's where their child is going to go). Or the parent wants the child to learn discipline, hard work etc and the only way the parent thinks that can be achieved is with lots of lessons. Even if the child and the instructor get along well and have fun, too many lessons just overloads the child with information. They need practice time on their own to absorb what they're being taught and to figure it out for themselves.

Reactions: 43
Jack's desperation to be noticed by anyone on 🐦 honks like one of her slops...

She's getting virtually no engagement and yet still she tweets...

She's even soldiering on with the Grifty Tips 😂View attachment 1883298
Go well pals ✌
Who the duck cleans a sofa with a nail brush?
So strange that I seem to be able to receive emails that don’t automatically head to spam-what bad luck Jack has. Nothing to do with the threat of small claims court that she’s responded, I’m sure…

Reactions: 36
Right it doesn’t look like she’s on the bestseller list but I hope a Frau with hard copy can confirm. I dream about her telling us she’s there that could be the lie that ends all the lies - but I bet squigs would be like “ah honest mistake
OUTRAGEOUS you’re not there”*

* while none of them clearly got a copy themselves

Reactions: 23
I’ve not had time to grunk as I have been ON DEADLINE and had a DEBILITATING cold, but have any Grifty Kitchen sales been released yet?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.