Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think Jack realises that people in full time employment don’t have time to be constantly searching Twitter for their own name? Or does she think that counts as employment?
I just tried this to see what would come up. Turns out 8 years ago someone in Kenya quoted something I must have said in my old job (I'm the only person on the Internet with my name 🍉). Now I know what it's like to be Jack!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I’ve just watched the last two minutes of Call The Midwife (never seen it before) and the appalling dinner a woman served which looked like a chocolate rice crispie cake with fried egg on top, served with gravy was STRAIGHT out of a Jack book.

• Haha
  • Sick
Or is it?
#1978truther #TROLLCLAIMS
Well, it would make sense - 20 years of full time work after, y'know, she'd finished her degree 😂

Ninnies, I have eaten Lemon and Rosemary roast potatoes for dinner. Fear not, it was Rachel Roddy's recipe, so it worked properly:

Delicious. And quite cheap. You'd think Jack would know about that method, being from the Med.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
We've been telt, ey?
I've been busy with my low paid part time job but trying to catch up with some TV earlier and watched Celebrity Mastermind today. A fabulous autistic comedian called Ria Lina won and I was thinking about Jack and her lack of TV exposure despite her squillions of attempts to make it into mainstream. She's never been on a panel quiz or game show but I can imagine Jack spending hours and hours refining her Desert Island Discs choices in a moleskin notebook.
I'm just guessing here but I think Jack's subject matter on Mastermind would be Me!
Younger ninnies may have better ideas but here are my guesses for her tracks whilst honking on about herself with Lauren:-
* Me, Myself and I
* Songs About Me
* Free To Be Me
* Me! (soz @BeautifulTrauma )
* I Love Me
* It's My Life
* This Is Me
* My Way
I've seen Ria Lina on Have I Got News For You, she's great. But Jack would beat her on Celebrity Mastermind, because Ria only has one PhD and she had to earn it. She wasn't given two honorary PhDs for being the bestest smol pov pixie ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm still mithering about the supposed 'Greek' roast potatoes. Yes, old school Cypriots 🔺 did cook them in lard so I'll give her that but NOT with rosemary. Oregano, yes, rosemary NO. Oh my days, she's so irritating.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I don't have time to grunt. But I just randomly remembered an acquaintance of mine knew Jack from school and I wondered what school she went to.... didn't realise she went to a grammar.... also on nosing at acquaintances fb noticed she worked for a company called on a bootstrap. But said company lists Jack as being born 1978. Anyway carry on
Looooool are you pals with “Caroline” aka Cat who has hands? She was here a few threads back telling us that Jack was merely disorganised (before Jack admitted in the Guardian that she spunked the money she was given on pills and sideboards). Tell her we say hi!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Hello ninnies - a quick one, behind a cut as always 4 length and so you don't unwillingly lapse into a boredom coma x thank you to @Lucky Escape for asking this question my husband continues to be stunned anyone reads these so I love stunting on him when there’s a Q 💅🏻

On using Olia Hercules' average per subscriber figure
A quick one on what the distribution of subscribers would have to look like in order to give an average per subscriber figure in line with Orla Hercules' £14.12, just a bit of playing around I got it to £14.92, couldn't be fucked to keep going ngl.

View attachment 1885647

Anyway, these figures don't look like a reach imo? Like a good 20% subscribing to the bare minimum as legacy subs from when it was a sponsored donkey offering, the largest group (33.1%) on the £10 tier as that's the entry point for physical goods, then the next biggest share outside of the charity tier is £24 because that's what, a SIM only contract to the divorced dads? Smallest share on £7 as that’s a no mans land between giving the bare minimum and getting some shithouse onionsTM. £12 not much going on cos it was that thrifty shades of beige that was swiftly abandoned. £44 still only 10%, but it must have enough action on it to not get rid altogether as it is red flags for how well she's doing out of monetising poverty.

Speculating on that passive income
Anyway with that said, assuming an average per subscriber fee of £14.12 would have yielded Jack between £3.0k - £9.4k a month in 2022. With her highest grossing month being September 2022. For the full cal year of 2022 she'd have taken £99.6k. I wish I didn't have to pay tax lol.

We've also got a £20 ps estimate... I'm not gonna do another one of the models above for this cos cba ngl but eh I think that'd be very good going for her to manage that with nil rewards, I'd expect to see higher paying subs churn quickest because they're paying more for absolutely nish whereas you would be more inclined to forgive a £10-12 monthly sub to support the people's pov.

View attachment 1885648

As always I invite/implore Jack to unhide her Patreon revenue so we can begin accurately capturing that to add to these summaries. The only way to keep us out of speculating ur business is give us the receipts sweetie so we can accurately report on ur business instead 🥰
I don't really understand how you do this because I'm as thick as pig tit, but it's fascinating. Unlike Monwoe, it all adds up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm still mithering about the supposed 'Greek' roast potatoes. Yes, old school Cypriots 🔺 did cook them in lard so I'll give her that but NOT with rosemary. Oregano, yes, rosemary NO. Oh my days, she's so irritating.
That's accurate then because Jack's rosemary potatoes have no rosemary either.
Like the chilli with no chilli.
And the food with no flavour.
She's always lacking something..

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I don't have time to grunt. But I just randomly remembered an acquaintance of mine knew Jack from school and I wondered what school she went to.... didn't realise she went to a grammar.... also on nosing at acquaintances fb noticed she worked for a company called on a bootstrap. But said company lists Jack as being born 1978. Anyway carry on

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
When Jack went to a Liverpool game, I made up a wishful scenario in my head where I spotted her walking in front of me, or at least in earshot, so that I could pretend to be on the phone telling someone I seen her and what a bleep I thought she was.
Babe, same x. Bit behind but was petrified I'd bump into her when she was here. Imagined that's what I'd do, but in reality I would stare at the ground.

I'm basic. I paint everything white and hang pictures / art everywhere. Jack, most of mine are originals not the picture that came in the frame. This isn't the 80s, we've all heard of F&B same as we all know what the F&M hamper is about. You are not an edgelord.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I can guarantee the boiler will pack up or there will be a mysterious leak which will uncover some Bodgit and Scarper handiwork. That's how it works when you buy property 😂.
The dog will be her biggest issue, we all know she does less than the bare minimum, so I doubt it is trained. It will bark, jump up at people make a mess and annoy her neighbours no end. The havoc it will cause inside the flat is her problem.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.