Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those cordon bleu cookery books go for a good price on eBay and ABE (other websites are available). The likelihood of finding a full set for £1 each must be very low.
Donating only £1 to the honesty box for something she knew to be valuable isn't.... very honest.

Especially since OH was from a wealthy family, and Jack was taking up to £350,000 from Patreon at the time.

Reactions: 79
Don't worry, she hasn't been paid for that. She/her PR has paid for it to be included, hence why it still has major errors in it. You think with all the money they're spaffing on these things they'd pay for a proofreader.
It is weird. It is almost as if they want it to be shit.

Reactions: 21
Those cordon bleu cookery books go for a good price on eBay and ABE (other websites are available). The likelihood of finding a full set for £1 each must be very low.
Reminds me of when I saw a Le Creuset fondue set for £25 at a second hand book shop near me. I dithered for thirty minutes but the thought of dipping my crudités into a dead person’s cheese pot gave me too much of an ick to put my hand in my pocket.

Regretted it ever since but alas the seemingly bottomless puddle of luxury goods has never dampened itself before me again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52
Just sayin Miguel has been using egg rings today and not a tuna can in sight

Reactions: 27
Wait. You mean we're not being by our eye pee addresses and being 'served papers' for the ~proper~ legal case? I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. I was going to set the dogs on 'em . I haven't had a stand up screaming match in the street for a while now either. Common as muck me .

Reactions: 36
Is it not very unusual that out of half a million followers none of them are irl friends that ever pop up to corroborate a tall tale?
I mean, Spanny Friend confirmed she's buying. So this is strange ....

Reactions: 77
That wallpaper is currently on sale for 84 pounds a roll. Pocket change, could easily be found in pennies in one’s unruly flaps

Reactions: 34
I mean, Spanny Friend confirmed she's buying. So this is strange ....

View attachment 1884998
I’m slightly hesitant to take spaniel friend saying she’s buying as 100% confirmation mostly because there’s no guarantee Jack isn’t lying to spaniel friend, even though she knows her in real life.

That and the possibility Jack is deliberately asking people to muddy the waters… that buying post stayed up for a long time, longer than I’d think it would have for someone innocently landing her in it.

Reactions: 40
Donating only £1 to the honesty box for something she knew to be valuable isn't.... very honest.

Especially since OH was from a wealthy family, and Jack was taking up to £350,000 from Patreon at the time.
It's OK, it wasn't Jack, it was a partners dads brothers uncle or something . She can't be held responsible for the lack of ethics of her circle.

Reactions: 31
Interesting. It's a harassment technique called 'swatting' when a malicious report is made to authorities supposedly for someone's welfare. Was there ever any hints as to who it was? In reality usually a neighbour sick of hearing shit at all hours.

Reactions: 29
the very quick defence of "I'm not buying anything!" when the squig only meant paint definitely means she's bought the flat

unless... paint boy is gifting the paint... maybe in exchange for a tumble with the pumble

im sorry for that image at teatime

Reactions: 74
Puddles, ex-partners dads at train stations with borrowed bags for life, charity shops who don't understand designer labels...

I think I like puddles best.
She is honestly the luckiest person ever, she never seems to have to pay for anything, it's all found or gifted (sorry, grifted)

Reactions: 58
I'd have thought it was a pretty stupid move to attempt to make people think she's buying but this is Jack we're talking about so ....

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.