Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nice fantasy photos that bear no resemblance with the actual recipes, yes?
Point of order - calling something with chicken STOCK CUBES in it a chicken whatever dish truly grates my mushrooms.
Also, that roast chicken looks drier than a chicken cooked in the desert.

Reactions: 34
Honestly hope this is of use.

God I love uggs

Jack related, the recipes are the worst I've ever seen, thankYOU

Reactions: 21
Yes I've lost track of what she could sue over now.
Almost everything people have accused her of has been proved right
She does make money off people poorer than herself. The 'earning more than than PM' claim - well I bet in certain years she wasn't far off or exceeded it.
Her puny fist shaking 'I'll sue you' screeches are making her more of a laughing stock than ever tbh.

Reactions: 46
They have a new slightly more robust formulation now. My friend who is a builder/handyman/etc used it in his living room out of curiosity, he says it needs to be applied in a slightly different way than normal paint (I have no idea what he meant by this...), but does have a depth of colour that can make a difference, esp in older properties with lime(?) plaster. However he said for most people, most of the time going somewhere like brewers and getting whatever colour you want mixed up in Dulux trade is the best option.

Reactions: 35
We used their Liberty archive range Serge in our living room. We normally colour match it at b&q but didn't on this occasion. Mr Mabel really hated it compared to the Vaspar stuff, although I suspect that was a spite element of hate because it was so bloody expensive.

Reactions: 26
That’s the Simon Hokinson method, isn’t it? LOVE IT

Reactions: 17
Are you privvy to the full week sales tenderstem?

Fingers crossed Carole gets the chop for this shit tbh. 1.9k half week units including presales and yhose BOGOF copies is fucking abysmal.
The losses on this book must be substantial.

Money outgoing - Jack's advance; overheads including staff time, cost of photoshoots, for the book, promotion costs, printing and distribution,. Visits to Jack. Plus the damage limitation costs of calling in staff over new year.

Money incoming - maybe £20k?

Reactions: 44
Double the price = ever so slightly more expensive? OK then.

Not only crab paste (which is ) mixed with passata, but crab paste mixed with passata and then cooked for twenty minutes. Bags of flavour, I tell you.

Reactions: 37
I was just winding self up over her twitter replies and noticed she said that her new place has floor to ceiling windows.

Makes you think.
Thanks for spotting that. Perhaps the new place isn't so shitty after all...

Reactions: 61
This has the makings of a brilliant comedy sketch, akin to Kath & Kim's characters Tru and Pru!

Reactions: 23
It is. Our friend that's decorating for us (shock horror! We are FRIENDS with working class tradesmen! Who earn a fucking fortune) and dealing with more 1970s/80s horror stories & artex has said he won't use F&B, but instead prefers to use Dulux colour match service as better coverage and tougher.

Reactions: 24
I've been to a number of 'Greek' funerals and I can categorically state that absolutely NOBODY in their time of grief has the time to make mountains of roast potatoes for the mourners. OMG I just can't with this fraud.

Reactions: 54
I'm more and more convinced that the patreon is turning over significant sums. Much higher than our guesstimates. Over the last few years in particular she's made so little effort with her 'work'. She'll say that's because of her addiction(s) and she's focussed on that, but all she seems to do is laze about shouting into her echo chamber about paint colours, her hair and suing people, etc. She has accumulated So Much Stuff, admits her house costs upwards 3.3k per month and is seemingly now buying an expensive flat probably without a mortgage see thr if this house was worth 2/3rds of its value I'd snap it up in a heartbeat). And this book, apparently designed to help people, is just fucking dreadful. Zero effort made.

It's all so gross.

Reactions: 65
My husband works in the building trade industry. I just asked him did be fancy going to wickes and hanging out with the staff today. He said why do we need something? I said no, just fancy hanging out there... he looks concerned...
Then said no, why don't we just go get the food shop and let the kids spend some of their christmas money at the toy shop. Its almost like he doesnt know fun.

Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.