Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Jay Rayner so I'm disappointed to see him getting involved with that snaggle toothed scruffbag.

Do we know why he retracted use of his quote from the sunken tome of tit? I've tried reading through for a clue but can't see anything.
I'm not sure it was ever retracted. It's been on every print version we've seen (inc. the hardback proof copy on Jack's shelf in early Nov, the paperback review copy in mid-Nov, and the version on sale in the shops). Early publicity images featured it, but it was missing from the cover mockups provided to booksellers and used for the bookshop.org x Trussell Trust promotion. Most of those cover shots were updated in late Dec to include it again, although Amazon doesn't seem to have updated the image on their site.

I think it's as likely to have been a screw-up by whoever made the images at Bluebird, but who knows what was going on behind the scenes...

Reactions: 30
Do we know why he retracted use of his quote from the sunken tome of tit? I've tried reading through for a clue but can't see anything.
The quote is still on the cover of the published book but it's missing from some of the publicity photos.

If I were a betting frau, I would say he's softly, gently cancelling her, not by a big public spat, but just quietly, behind the scenes. I'd further say it was something to do with the literary festival in September where he was supposed to interview her, she turned up hours late, and they had to fill in the gap with interviewing someone from a local foodie business who happened to be in the audience.

He hasn't interacted with her on Twitter since then, anyway.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
They would need a prompt to do this from someone raising a complaint or reporting a suspected fraud.
Thinking further on this, I know they keenly go after plumbers and other tradies, yet seem to be very shy of actual boss-level tax dodgers. Perhaps they can work their way up to the bosses by slaying some “influencers”/“internet personalities” like Jack to build their confidence first?! The likes of Jack, Hinch, and various other low- to medium-grade grifters must have had so much undeclared income and corresponding luxury lifestyle purchases they’ve flaunted all over social media that it’s got to be fairly easy for a team of money detectives to investigate influencers? Maybe they could be the real “Celebrity Squad”!

Well I just had to google who Jay Rayner's mother was! I wonder what advice she'd have given Jack 😂
Wouldn’t matter, Jack would just call her a VILE TROLL whatever it was.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Catching up like pissing mad.
Is the old coke hag moving ?
bleeping hell..she never said.
Goddess she's a tedious, twit..even snorting she's bleeping boring.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I really like Jay Rayner so I'm disappointed to see him getting involved with that snaggle toothed scruffbag.

I've been listening to a few of his ‘Out
To Lunch’ podcasts - I'm a bit unsure if I like him, but he's a decent interviewer. Strangely, he doesn't seem to have an episode with Jack. Makes you think.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Jumping ahead because she's doing my head in but lol

View attachment 1878326

Jack you haven't had an assistant for at least 2 years. And you got paid furlough for that during Covid. Nor have you used any sharpies, glue, blah blah blah etc because you haven't posted out any rewards. That's what the person is asking - that's the whole point. Do you need me to break it down even more? Are you quite alright?

She's going to get viler and viler isn't she? I'd go grey rock if that was an option. She thrives on any attention and it's much funnier watching her fight with scrappy doo gifs, even though she does tend to just drop herself in it every time she tweets.
We can't grey rock.... I'd have to do housework, real work, find something to fill my days and nights with again. Shan't.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
The quote is still on the cover of the published book but it's missing from some of the publicity photos.

If I were a betting frau, I would say he's softly, gently cancelling her, not by a big public spat, but just quietly, behind the scenes. I'd further say it was something to do with the literary festival in September where he was supposed to interview her, she turned up hours late, and they had to fill in the gap with interviewing someone from a local foodie business who happened to be in the audience.

He hasn't interacted with her on Twitter since then, anyway.
Yes the Bristol Festival, which she was so late for, seems to be the last time he mentioned her. He didn't hand her award over at the Observer Food Awards thingy either.
He does appear to have a short temper, on twitter at least. And in comments under his Guardian column. I can't imagine lack of professionalism and being dicked around endeared her to him. Conjecture - maybe she appeared in Bristol high as a kite to steady her nerves, and he doesn't want to be associated with her because of it.
Plus slagging off Fingers Kerridge would not have helped.

Reactions: 42
I know it's all bollocks but bear with me...

Why does she need to practise sleeping on a settee? What will happen if she just goes in cold? Will she fall off? Slip down the cushions, smol pixie style? Accidentally sleep on the mantle piece?

I had a snooze on my settee earlier, it was easy! Is this a talent I can monetise?
Bloody genius Frau, I am sending you cashos in return for perhaps a postcard with a little diagram of a sofa, you and some explanatory signage? X

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
MMF is (very) adjacent to HMRC and would like me to tell you that it is very easy to whistleblow/report anyone anonymously if you suspect tax avoidance or anything else that they (HMRC) is responsible for.
Yes indeed, they do like people to give as much detail as possible though, so as to use their resources better.
So instead of saying "she has a paypal account" say "she has a paypal account - insert the email identifier, and if possible show screenshots of begging/fundraising/teemill. They move slowly, but they move inexorably.

Reactions: 21
Mr KitKat and I went wild camping/swimming in the summer and it absolutely fucked us. 😂 We had some of the gear but no idea!

No way Jack could do it if she struggles with stairs/nor could she afford the necessary stuff to do it comfortably with her kid if she’s that skint
Yes, it's the type of gear that requires considered purchasing after spending time gaining experience.

Jack would either kit herself out like Little House on the Prairie or requires a helicopter search.

Saw a squig earlier giving a gentle reminder about weather and was like, nooo!! Let her go. Hopefully she may be some time

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She really gets obliterated with the facts and receipts every tweet now. She'd do better turning on replies from anyone rather than just from ppl she follows cos then ppl quote tweet instead which goes to everyone they follow instead of just jack. She has the business acumen of a garden gnome.

Still no promo for the cat litter liner of a book.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh and we here at the Principality of Babbys yed & pey wet don't pissing want her either.
The manky,nasally cock toed prat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.