Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, it's the type of gear that requires considered purchasing after spending time gaining experience.

Jack would either kit herself out like Little House on the Prairie or requires a helicopter search.

Saw a squig earlier giving a gentle reminder about weather and was like, nooo!! Let her go. Hopefully she may be some time
Doubt there's space for all the kit in the new postage stamp sized abode.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Remember last year when Jacko said they would use all the money they saved from not drinking to take SB on a multitude of wonderful trips in the summer holidays? What did that money get spunked on in the end I wonder? I can see the Scotland trip going the same way. She would never manage wild camping in a million years, and she can stay the duck well away from Scotland thanks.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
Mr KitKat and I went wild camping/swimming in the summer and it absolutely fucked us. 😂 We had some of the gear but no idea!

No way Jack could do it if she struggles with stairs/nor could she afford the necessary stuff to do it comfortably with her kid if she’s that skint
Lord. That sounds brutal. Just as well I have Old Harold to keep me in check and remind me of my flaws 😂. Mind you, I could do wild swimming. I like sea swimming in March/April. Though that's probably because I have a soft, gentle, carefully curated layer of blubber to insulate me 🥰.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just before this thread ends can I just say this has been my favourte title of all time. Thanks whoever wrote it!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I doubt she'll want to shell out for tickets on the Caledonian sleeper - it's very spenny now. If I were her and genuinely trying to make this long weekend trip to Scotland happen, I'd ditch the dog, fly to Aberdeen from Gatwick, find a bus route to a youth hostel or little air bnb and stay there. There's no way she can get up there with the dog ccomfortably on the train without a lot of stops and taking ages, plus all the kit for camping and dog. I used to go on long distance hikes where we would wild camp along the way and carrying that tit destroyed me even when I was young and fit. If her shoulder and legs are genuinely as bad as she makes out, this is a total non starter.
I can't believe I've wasted my time and thought on this, it is never going to happen anyway and she's just doing it for attention

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I'm toying with the idea of creating a collage of Jack's many hair don'ts. It's been like watching the manifestation of a multiple personality disorder through the medium of tit hair.

Who are you today, Jack? Fiesty lesbian Jack? Punk Jack? Mormon fifth wife Jack? Twelve year old boy scrumping for apples Jack? Hinchy Instahun Jack?

It's absolutely mind boggling.
my favorite hair was the Douglas Hurd ice cream hair raiser in distressed orange

1673614729086.png

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Remember last year when Jacko said they would use all the money they saved from not drinking to take SB on a multitude of wonderful trips in the summer holidays? What did that money get spunked on in the end I wonder? I can see the Scotland trip going the same way. She would never manage wild camping in a million years, and she can stay the duck well away from Scotland thanks.
Its the announcement of the mundane and ordinary in a flowery overblown Oscar acceptance speech that gets me. So you're gonna take your son on a weekend away? That must be unprecedented amongst parents, step up for your bouquets and breathless applause.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I’ve got the afternoon off work. I’m just putting the kettle on in a minute and sitting down to enjoy EIGHT blog posts from Jack. 4 a week, wasn’t it?

• Haha
Reactions: 57
The quote is still on the cover of the published book but it's missing from some of the publicity photos.

If I were a betting frau, I would say he's softly, gently cancelling her, not by a big public spat, but just quietly, behind the scenes. I'd further say it was something to do with the literary festival in September where he was supposed to interview her, she turned up hours late, and they had to fill in the gap with interviewing someone from a local foodie business who happened to be in the audience.

He hasn't interacted with her on Twitter since then, anyway.
And that's important to remember whenever we read Jack moaning about how TROLLS are "throwing nonsense" into her & SB's "lovely, close, little world".

Jack, it wasn't trolls that made you cancel glasto or all those media appearances, it wasn't trolls who made you be late for Jay or all those other media appearances, it wasn't trolls who made you act up at the Edinburgh festival or in all those other other media appearances.

And, while we're on it, neither was it trolls who made you accept inappropriate engagements such as the Catherine Cookson lecture, or the Community Housing Cymru keynote, nor trolls who made you do such a piss-poor job with Grifty Kitchen, nor trolls who delayed it by at least a year, nor trolls who failed to promote it, nor trolls who bathed in cash whilst admitting to having spent supporters' money on drink and drugs and sideboards, nor trolls who made you spend 120 hours a week lying and lying and lying about penknives and your son's sleeping arrangements to half a million followers.

None of that was trolls, Jack, it was all you.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
Doubt there's space for all the kit in the new postage stamp sized abode.
True. Maybe Jack doesn't intend to actually go wild camping. Just a thought, probably got it wrong, don't want to assume anything

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I’ve just spent 100 hours today painstakingly and relentlessly compiling this dossier on “how many times Jack monroe tells the twitter that she sleeps on the couch”

Now then, where’s my honorary degrees x 2?
Isn't it the same couch she bought with the proceeds of the Katie Hopkins trial?
Perhaps it is the only item of furniture with any sort of positive memory attached to it.

Reactions: 16
Jackl Monroe is the kind of person who likes the idea of her doing wild camping (and talking about it), but who wouldn't like the reality of wild camping (she has no clue).

I love going to the outdoors (cycling and hiking) and staying in a cottage or hotel at the end of the day...can't beat a bed and warm shower but props to those who are properly roughing it.

Reactions: 37
I forgot to say earlier in the week, I spied copies of GK in Tesco. I took a few off the shelves and put them in a bin and one of those big carts that go out to the rubbish.
59747975-C350-45A2-9CD6-28C0617995A1.jpeg

78D100E8-3005-4DFA-AC9C-8F3744FAB763.jpeg

FB3844A5-30A8-4B59-AAD4-25666F00443A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 137
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.