Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do you get a view of overall book sales? Is Amazon a decent indicator (I’m assuming so?)

Reactions: 16
I don't see what's to gain publishing a disjointed, overly verbose collection of misremembering fictional happenings. No one has been interested in her cooking, her life is even less appetising.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
How do you get a view of overall book sales? Is Amazon a decent indicator (I’m assuming so?)
They have 79% of the UK market, so yes!

(I'd guess that Amazon's share of cookbooks would be lower than that, but still high enough to give a very good indication of the total)

Reactions: 20
I don't think we're even close to understanding how much this has bombed yet.

But Jackass, being her, was too lazy to actually put the work in. Yet more of her grandiosity without the effort. Remember the over promise but under deliver comments and the last last last minute edits?
She has stumbled and chaosed her way through life. Her successes have come in spite of her efforts, not because of them. Without the efforts of others championing her, she would have not gotten as far as she has.

Reactions: 38
In a weird way I wonder if this all will make her memoir more appealing to the publisher. A fair portion of the people people rubbernecking at her car crash Twitter might buy her memoir to see her trip herself up even more.
I don't think they'd take the chance. I mean, look how much hot water she's got into with a cookbook - having to amend and/or withdraw, no sales, an absolute shitshow. A memoir would be far too big a risk, because it would involve other people in Jack's tall tales, the legal trouble they could be exposed to doesn't bear thinking about.

Reactions: 45
I just wanted to post a little gratitude to my beloved canal. Whilst listening to a Triggernometry podcast about psychopaths (honestly he could’ve LITERALLY been describing our own favourite mon(roe)ster) I gently and painstaklngly cooked up the most delicious white sauce using all the tips and tricks from you amazing bunch of H&Fs. Thank(space)you now duck off etc xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Finally something we can agree on Jack! He absolutely does deserve an adventure. Poor kid.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Oh ffs!! PDA is nothing to do with how you’re asked, you lying cretin!! Not doing things that people demand unpleasantly or ask rudely, would just be setting boundaries and expectations. PDA is, as in the name, a PATHOLOGICAL disorder and does not pick and choose depending on what the person feels like.

PDA is NOT diagnosed as a stand-alone condition in the UK, but can come under the umbrella of autism only, i.e. ‘autism with PDA features’ and that would not have happened at the time she alleges she was diagnosed but, crucially, at that time autism (which she wasn’t ever diagnosed with, Sue me!) was separated only into autism and Asperger’s. Autism covered everything from learning difficulties to being a bit quirky. It has only been in recent years that autism has had features and co-morbidities laid out along with diagnosis. She hasn’t even got her diagnosis records she’s chatting pony!! Again!!

Yours, a literal expert 🔺

• Heart
Reactions: 90
So you are incapable of protecting your own child from your narc rage about being laughed at? Ha.
Even though I know she’s lying about PDA from the way she phrased that particular corker, the classic signs of PDA in adults are remarkably like her. But these are also all signs of being a massive grifter so maybe she just got confused.
715E4528-1018-43AD-8BC5-EB9281FB9E9A.png

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.