Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gutted I cancelled my B&R podcast subs but don't want to restart and then cancel again. However, I'm sure that Jack will see it as huge ego boost that 2 Americans are discussing her on an American podcast. All publicity is good publicity right?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I know it’s impossible to make a stew look like haute cuisine but for comparison here’s my slow cooker chicken, veg and barley broth I’m just serving up with Yorkshires & carrot swede mash for my Harold and two Small People. Where’s my book?! Pls send patreonos.

View attachment 1877265
OH MY. GIVE. 🤤

That seems like such a thorough post, and not at all inappropriate. I’m surprised they blocked that.
Probably just for the reference to the Metro and DMG

Reactions: 18
I hate to break it to y'all (yee haw etc 🤠🇺🇲) but if we expect Jack to actually fulfil any obligations we're being ABLEIST 🥺

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 17.28.44.png

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 17.35.46.png

• Angry
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 117
A key problem is that, because of her appalling judgment telling the Guardian about her sideboard splurges, awareness of the grift has spread to everyone in Southend, so she’s really totally fuckoed now. No hope of redemption. If the TT try and force her on a local food bank for a photo op, there will be much vocal dissent from the volunteers who actually do all the damn work. The whispered dissent has been gathering pace, and the TT can’t* risk pissing off their volunteers by parachuting Jack Griftypants Monroe in. It’s satisfying.

*maybe they’ll risk it - but I think they know she isn’t worth it
No possibility of scampering to Asda then? Or is the bad will not that strong?
How do Big Dave and Mammy E cope? Are there whispered conversations in the newsagents? Or pitying glances?

Reactions: 25
one of her trolls thinks this jack, I think they are linked to her by the following

View attachment 1877221

like they're praising her but given it's her 7th book (as she likes to remind us) these sales are poor

View attachment 1877225

ETA - guess that's one way to look at top 10

View attachment 1877231
Lol this is definitely, definitely not Jack. She’d never in a million years admit that only a third of a percent of her devoted Twitter following actually bought her book.

I love that someone in industry is treating us to the figures tea. Chapeau. (Would love it even more if it’s the girl who had to eat lunch at the crappy bungalow with Carole while they begged her to please give them anything she’d written because the deadline was three weeks ago).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I don't know if this is a dumbo question but much has been made of Jack Monroe thanking her book-buyers for paying for her forever home in the foreword of Grifty Kitchen.

Are we to assume that she got a decent advance to be able to make such a bold statement? Or is it just pure arrogance on her part,expecting the book to sell very well?

Either is fine by me because it either means her publishers are looking for ways out of their contract with her or she's got egg on her face because the book bucks will not be rolling in. Do I sense another beg incoming?

Reactions: 38
I know we’ve always regarded the Dead People merch volumes with with much distrust but I think the book sales are further evidence that there’s no way she made comparable T-shirt sales, which I think they would’ve been to account for profit and 10k donation. She was totally hoist by her own Pumble on that one.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
I don't know if this is a dumbo question but much has been made of Jack Monroe thanking her book-buyers for paying for her forever home in the foreword of Grifty Kitchen.

Are we to assume that she got a decent advance to be able to make such a bold statement? Or is it just pure arrogance on her part,expecting the book to sell very well?

Either is fine by me because it either means her publishers are looking for ways out of their contract with her or she's got egg on her face because the book bucks will not be rolling in. Do I sense another beg incoming?
I suspect she already had the money she needed for the forever home before GK was published. The bit at teh front of the book was just a cover story for where the money came from.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
I can't work out if they are pro-Jack or anti-Jack.
It’s so backhanded, like ”go you! You came last in the egg and spoon race! At least you tried”

re covenants, a far more normal rental term would be clause of or stipulation in the rental agreement/contract.
We had a covenant on our old house that we could not run it as a flop house or a house of ill repute. Devvo’d.

• Haha
Reactions: 47

In all the chaoi of the hack attacks in the new book I think this very telling admission
from Jack Monroe has been lost.

I hope somebody picks her apart for this.

Jack Monroe is such a shameless grifter that she even ADMITS that this piece of cobbled together
slop manual and dangerous ridiculous hacks are going to fund a forever home for her!

I hope this admission/brag is the end of all her scummy behaviour.

Jack Monroe, get in the bin!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Has that account gone? No hits from searching words then again I don't have twitter.
And someone created an account just to "share lovely news" sort of anonymously?
Bizarre, and also very good tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Has that account gone? No hits from searching words then again I don't have twitter.
And someone created an account just to "share lovely news" sort of anonymously?
Bizarre, and also very good tea.
Can still see it. Created this month, following 3 people, followed by 0, has tweeted 7 times including sniping at Andy and the awful Monkey

Reactions: 21
Couldn't find the free eekbook from TT but did see this instead
Had a quick flick through and I've gotta say, the editing on this isn't great either. I was looking forward to some new veggie/vegan recipes and one of them is a bloody corned beef hash. Whilst I'm sure it's a very nice corned beef hash, cows are not plants.

But that's still a bestseller and Jack's bombing despite 5000 rounds of edits. Really makes u think.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.