Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it EVER stops raining ๐Ÿ‰ I might walk to the local garden centre ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ and check because I'm very bored of WFH ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ today
Silly arseholes have closed 40 minutes early cos of a leak. Will have to walk back home via the lovely burger wagon round the corner. The SACRIFICES I make!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
You know how we all said that Jack missed a trick when she failed to put slow cooker and air fryer recipes in, particularly given she has been using slow cookers for *checks notes* 10 years?

Looking on her old insta at a 2013 post, I think it was probably best that she didnโ€™t include those recipes.

View attachment 1877106
In her defence, that could have been during the 2013 frivolous behaviour period ?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
one of her trolls thinks this jack, I think they are linked to her by the following

1673543153757.png

like they're praising her but given it's her 7th book (as she likes to remind us) these sales are poor

1673543236639.png

ETA - guess that's one way to look at top 10

1673543404171.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 105
Just listened to B&R. They take her DOWN! Shame this is subscribers only. But nothing new to us, just GK and The Guardian article.
I've just listened to it. Nothing new in terms of info but I always find the reactions of people less familiar with Jack to her nonsense quite funny. My favourite line in the whole thing was "she's not only a grifter but a particularly gross one".

ETA: A few belters from a squig who is listening to the podcast.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 17.14.09.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
one of her trolls thinks this jack, I think they are linked to her by the following

View attachment 1877221

like they're praising her but given it's her 7th book (as she likes to remind us) these sales are poor

View attachment 1877225

ETA - guess that's one way to look at top 10

View attachment 1877231
Those sales numbers are horrendous. Well I think they are. Are we sure this post isnโ€™t trolling Jack?

I've just listened to it. Nothing new in terms of info but I always find the reactions of people less familiar with Jack to her nonsense quite funny. My favourite line in the whole thing was "she's not only a grifter but a particularly gross one".
Yes I was sad they didnโ€™t focus a bit more on Jackโ€™s spending all the money in booze and trammies. They donโ€™t like her so I hope they come back to her again.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Those sales numbers are horrendous. Well I think they are. Are we sure this post isnโ€™t trolling Jack?
Hmm, not sure but would it be trolling if they have access to sales figures? they are saying those sales are just up to Friday and the bulk of the newspaper stuff was in fact after that - these numbers are before the Guardian special and there's been all those paid ads in the other papers

Okay, they replied to Andy - a troll with access to book sales?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Screenshot 2023-01-12 17.17.40.png

A squig has had this comment rejected on the Metro comments section. VILE TROLL. WARNED.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 97
I know itโ€™s impossible to make a stew look like haute cuisine but for comparison hereโ€™s my slow cooker chicken, veg and barley broth Iโ€™m just serving up with Yorkshires & carrot swede mash for my Harold and two Small People. Whereโ€™s my book?! Pls send patreonos.

C30F0AEE-B0A5-4ABD-83FA-5C73DAD9293F.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Less than 2k copies? Jesus, that's dire.
View attachment 1877260

Must all be the fault of the trolls. WARNED. ๐Ÿคช
BIB. Wow, that's shocking. We at tattle know how bad the book is, many folks on twitter now know how bad the recipes are and they know about her grifting but there more folks out there in the wild who know none of this stuff.

Many, many folks will be strolling the supermarket or book shops and see a brightly coloured book plastered with the word thrifty. In a crisis of living it shows how utterly shite the book is that these people are flicking through it and still not buying it!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
It's that kind of sneaky religion thing that puts me off, like you'll just be reading a cookbook then BAM they'll start sneaking bits of religion in and before you know it you're signed up to a church that isn't even a nice real church but in someones house or a weird hut.

Sorry, I was taken to a puppet show by Christians as a child and the whole thing turned out to be a trick- I'm still really bitter about the whole thing.
I was *lured* by the Mormon missionaries when I were a lass. They promised
Coca Cola floats and I ended up with a fuzzy felt board, Joseph Smith and the angles!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
After much ferreting I found poor Nims waiting for her book๐Ÿ™
DC878030-4FC1-4FD5-B779-2FA0FF17BC0D.png

7C103B6B-1249-4369-880D-94C6DE6E03D6.png

8743D569-7AB0-4AAD-9FFE-69F5C780144A.png

AC09D726-CE2A-49E5-B33A-D4890A8E5939.png

what horrible fraus we are!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.