Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I lived where she lived I would take my (actual) teen to Brighton for the weekend. Seems like a good teen place. OR JUST TO bleeping LONDON! He liked Harry Potter, take him to the bastard studios. We live in the NE and Iā€™ve taken mine twice.
Iā€™ve taken mine all over the north to cities and to the Lake District. Itā€™s not hard. I just follow them aimlessly round shops.
She never seems to take him anywhere. Any time she goes away, her son is left behind (Edinburgh, Venice etc). All the caravan trips/Butlins etc. were organised by his dad. And yet she doesnā€™t even stretch to the occasional day trip with the poor kid. And Iā€™d bet anything this ā€œlong weekendā€ to Scotland doesnā€™t happen.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Imagine if THAT MANS book or DW book got ā€œbannedā€ sheā€™d be all over that. Horrible nasty cow
How is she not mortally ashamed of that? Sure, it's not been banned forever - but the squig didn't say that, did they?

Perhaps they should have worded it "refused by the Trussell Trust until it's been amended" - but that's still pretty bleeping embarrassing, isn't it? A long term partner organisation, who've gone out of their way many times to help put out fires that you've started. An organisation that's played the starring role in your book's publicity campaign. And they've had to refuse delivery of 1,000 copies until hastily-arranged amendments are made because you fucked up, Jack.

And now you're bickering about it on Twitter - drawing further attention to your humiliation and to the chaos you've caused. Why? What good can possibly come of doing that?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I dunno, if Iā€™d written a book which talked down to ā€œThe Poorsā€, made ridiculous assumptions about how people live and gave potentially dangerous advice which resulted in a charity not being able to use the books (which were promised to boost my own sales figures) I probably wouldnā€™t be gaslighting people, doing David Cameron style ā€œcalm down dearā€ clapbacks or snarky little laughing emojis about my own shite work. But thatā€™s just me.

Iā€™d also try and write something that more than 2000 people wanted to buy, but again, just me.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
And that's important to remember whenever we read Jack moaning about how TROLLS are "throwing nonsense" into her & SB's "lovely, close, little world".

Jack, it wasn't trolls that made you cancel glasto or all those media appearances, it wasn't trolls who made you be late for Jay or all those other media appearances, it wasn't trolls who made you act up at the Edinburgh festival or in all those other other media appearances.

And, while we're on it, neither was it trolls who made you accept inappropriate engagements such as the Catherine Cookson lecture, or the Community Housing Cymru keynote, nor trolls who made you do such a piss-poor job with Grifty Kitchen, nor trolls who delayed it by at least a year, nor trolls who failed to promote it, nor trolls who bathed in cash whilst admitting to having spent supporters' money on drink and drugs and sideboards, nor trolls who made you spend 120 hours a week lying and lying and lying about penknives and your son's sleeping arrangements to half a million followers.

None of that was trolls, Jack, it was all you.
Fair point, well made šŸ‘†

Reactions: 21
Remember last year when Jacko said they would use all the money they saved from not drinking to take SB on a multitude of wonderful trips in the summer holidays? What did that money get spunked on in the end I wonder? I can see the Scotland trip going the same way. She would never manage wild camping in a million years, and she can stay the duck well away from Scotland thanks.
I sometimes wonder if she is allowed to take him away by herself?.....

Reactions: 24
Jack doesnā€™t NEED to do things, she just needs to say sheā€™s doing things.
- VBI
-campaigning
- refunding patreons
- taking SB away
- working 20 hours a day
- working hard on the book
Etc etc

Itā€™s unbelievable that someone who has made a career as a ā€˜single parentā€™ barely parents at all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
She never seems to take him anywhere. Any time she goes away, her son is left behind (Edinburgh, Venice etc). All the caravan trips/Butlins etc. were organised by his dad. And yet she doesnā€™t even stretch to the occasional day trip with the poor kid. And Iā€™d bet anything this ā€œlong weekendā€ to Scotland doesnā€™t happen.
She doesn't take him anywhere.
Last summer the park with her shopping trolley was the only one I can recall.
Never daytrips to London. Never theme parks like Legoland or Harry Potter world. He sounds a bright little boy and she never takes him to the amazing FREE museums in London. I would love to have a curious, bright 12 year old again to have so much fun with. Instead she choses to waste time dicking around constantly and moaning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Can we do a ā€˜check in hereā€™ poll on the new thread please? I'd like to know if thereā€™s more readers here than Grifty got!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Well, Friday is going swimmingly for Jack isn't it? Ending the week on a high. TOOT TOOT.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.