Jack Monroe #459 That westboro baptist church penis wig will haunt her forever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like on a day to day basis Jack doesn't really do anything (I know we know this) because when she does, there's always some dramatic story about something that *definitely happened*. Therefore, if she was volunteering weekly at a food bank, surely she'd have ridiculous and pointless stories to tell about what happened? I for one have never seen any, either here or on Twitter.
Exactly, if she genuinely was getting stuck in down the foodbanks every week there would be some evidence of it - whether from herself, other volunteers @‘ing her to thank her, recipients @‘ing her to thank her, local press etc. Southend Echo has hundreds of foodbank stories - yet none of them have mentioned her in years.

It’s all bullshit.

B5CD1B54-7D7E-4E8B-9B06-39AC85A063FC.jpeg

6D1E5691-5FD5-4CD8-97C4-73CC68FA1EEB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 77
I don't think that tweet was ever intended for any other reason than to bring out the adoring fans. There's loads more similar comments to these, stans almost panting with excitement, and begging for her to respond.
UnequaledLeafyCrocodileskink-max-1mb.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Because The Poor don't deserve joy, flavour, creaminess in their meals or a memorable experience.

HTH

The reviewers seem to have missed the whole chuffing point of the recipes. They should be tasty and thrifty based on the actual ingredients rather than people having to tweak or add things from a storecupboard they may not have available to them. I doubt any of the reviewers are the target audience for the book so they aren't restricted in terms of adding texture or flavour with other ingredients.
Re BIB

While it's all fun to take the piss (like you all do so very well 👌 ) it bleeping,bleeping grinds my gears that this is the core message of this fucker and her enablers.

The key message is poor people can live on vegetable peelings and chicken porridge GRUEL. ITS bleeping GRUEL, in 2023. 🤬
Add in some bland, tasteless nutritionally bereft sludge and bobs your uncle.

Sorry, but it makes me so angry and then you have the wetwipes banging on about how much good she does. She does duck all but line her own pockets whilst stomping all over needy people.

They don't need flavour or nutrition they're poor and stupid and should be gratefull

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 103
I’m sorry but it’s been annoying me all morning and my colleagues are suffering.

I never would have commented on another’s clothing choice and/or cost and quality of said choice if they hadn’t first (and on such a knobbish manner)…but…

Did anyone actually look at that jacket and think, ‘that must have cost an effing fortune!’?
No and do you know, nobody would give any tit about it.
She’s using it to deflect from the shitshow.

Reactions: 22
They're both damaging in different ways IMO. People like Frau Andy send the curious onlookers to Tattle, and serious reviewers get the people who'd never be on Tattle to think twice about buying her book.

Sort of unrelated, Freddie deBoer posted this essay the other day that I think is really good. It's long, but the gist is that a lot of the toxicity and rage online is coming from frustrated would-be creatives who think they deserve more from life than they're getting. I was thinking about it yesterday while catching up, and then @Lucy Aeroplane wrote about how Jack had been really desperate to get in with the Southend creative scene... makes you think.
This is such a good read. Although I can picture JM reading it and nodding in agreement, in her world (head?), SHE is the CREATOR CREATING, the haterz can only dream!

1673440056955.png

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The telling thing for me is SHE obviously wore that jacket to try and fit in/look wealthy. Nothing in that article suggests it, nor does the picture but to her wealth obviously screams tweed jacket! We see you Jackie, we see you. I honestly don't know how she's not turned herself inside out with shame over that book and the reviews, has anyone spotted even one positive one? (I agree with the poster who said the IR ones were awful)

Reactions: 35
I’m sorry but it’s been annoying me all morning and my colleagues are suffering.

I never would have commented on another’s clothing choice and/or cost and quality of said choice if they hadn’t first (and in such a knobbish manner)…but…

Did anyone actually look at that jacket and think, ‘that must have cost an effing fortune!’?
I love supermarket clothes - whilst I understand they’re fast fashion, much like Jack (!) my clothes are ruined by the profession I’m in and I’m poor so I justify what I do buy. Anyway, I would never buy a printed pattern jacket from one because they always always look cheap. No-one is looking at that photo and thinking “blimey, she must be landed gentry with that Barbour jacket!”

It’s bollocks

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Has anyone pointed out on hellbird that she didn’t spend 1200 on 4 sideboards, she spent £13,000 on 22 items (incl 5+ actual sideboards) ... I absolutely don't believe half of these live at Louisa's house.
Tricksy wording again. It's entirely possible that the 5th sideboard came after the breakup, and that Louisa has indeed taken two of the four that were there when she LEFT.

Shattenstone didn't ask her about the tallboys, bureaux, dressers, larders, or storage benches, and she just forgot to mention them - a very human failing, I'm sure.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
I don't agree with you, love making things like this and in all honesty consider it a "real breakfast": and also, in the spirit of sticking one up Jack's grey jumper, I like that we won't call our flying monkeys to eradicate the vermin of each other 🥳
Soz...

Reactions: 14
This is such a good read. Although I can picture JM reading it and nodding in agreement, in her world (head?), SHE is the CREATOR CREATING, the haterz can only dream!

View attachment 1873660
Jack just doesn't seem to understand the creator economy or her role in it.

She does not put the work in to creating content that is required of someone wanting to build and maintain a platform for her work - at the bare minimum I don't understand why she's not doing a patreon newsletter for her thirst shots, dog pics and tedious personal updates (Oh, and recipes too...) clearly that's what the rage nans and neckbeards would pay for, if she can't be arsed to actually make content about food.

Then there's the "campaigning". In her mind she is such a brilliant smol pixie who deserves money merely for existing and being angry at the Tories. I simply don't believe her claims of working softly, gently behind the scenes, except to send off a few pestering emails. She has no coherent campaign asks herself beyond POVERTY BAD, and doesn't get involved in or platform any other campaigns or organisations except the Trussell Trust.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Ahh but it did remind me of this? Did she have a bottle of irn bru in the pocket as well?
Screenshot_20230111-124729_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I love these shouty, capitalised tweets that the guard butterfly does with ‘mad’ claims about Jack.

Firstly, in the context of Jack they’re not all that mad.

Secondly, she’s done loads of them and it’s just not catching on.

Give it up love, your obsequious is showing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Has anyone pointed out on hellbird that she didn’t spend 1200 on 4 sideboards, she spent £13,000 on 22 items (incl 5+ actual sideboards) ... I absolutely don't believe half of these live at Louisa's house.
Unless there were originally 44 items..?😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I love these shouty, capitalised tweets that the guard butterfly does with ‘mad’ claims about Jack.

Firstly, in the context of Jack they’re not all that mad.

Secondly, she’s done loads of them and it’s just not catching on.

Give it up love, your obsequious is showing.
It is really creepy at this point.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Jack just doesn't seem to understand the creator economy or her role in it.

She does not put the work in to creating content that is required of someone wanting to build and maintain a platform for her work - at the bare minimum I don't understand why she's not doing a patreon newsletter for her thirst shots, dog pics and tedious personal updates (Oh, and recipes too...) clearly that's what the rage nans and neckbeards would pay for, if she can't be arsed to actually make content about food.

Then there's the "campaigning". In her mind she is such a brilliant smol pixie who deserves money merely for existing and being angry at the Tories. I simply don't believe her claims of working softly, gently behind the scenes, except to send off a few pestering emails. She has no coherent campaign asks herself beyond POVERTY BAD, and doesn't get involved in or platform any other campaigns or organisations except the Trussell Trust.
Her idea of campaigning is concocting a badly written tweet on whatever current topic she spots while scrolling that she hopes will go viral. Or claiming to have “helped set” things up that clearly she had nothing to do with as they don’t actually exist (see fuel voucher) Can’t lie though. Nope.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Don't suppose anyone's got a subscription for, uh, 'Positive News'? I'd love to hear where Jack's relentless positivity comes from.

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 13.00.19.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Mentioning the grey jumper she rolls out for tv appearances because of course that’s all that povvos wear! Again demonstrating that everything is calculated to look or feel a certain way, despite her having no clue and being tone deaf.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.