Jack Monroe #458 This addled lie factory is on another level

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who needs trolls when ya got ya mates. Eh pet? The more i hear and see of these mates. The more i feel sorry for her. They are not good mates and they dont seem to like her much!"

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Can she explain how as a previously dedicated, even fervent vegan, she didn't understand a squig's recent question on whether her vegan recipes were whole food plant-based? Is it because
a) she knows nothing about veganism
b) she knows nothing about food
c) she knows nothing?

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I'm not so convinced that people will be drawn in by it.

View attachment 1870610

It's all such twitter-speak. The mental and emotional labour thing and the fact she has to go to a therapist to ~unpack~ not wanting bread and jam. It's such nonsense.
If she's so scarred by 'bread and jam', why did she call her terrible craft business/foundation thing that?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
I've been off the PCD group since someone posted Awfully Mollys blog to ask what people think and

I dreamt my Mum was in a relationship with Sali Hughes last night and I had to try to explain what a grifter was. I only know her from this thread so I guess it could have been worse.

I also recently had a dream where I was staying in an Irish waterpark and Eve H was my landlady. I kept hearing her telling other guests ludicrous claims like "Jack is the first girl ever to wear trousers!! Jack is a world renowned punk' and I couldn't stand it so I started passive-aggressively saying stuff like "actually I've worn trousers before".

Eve was like, yeah I know she's a dick but she's my daughter and please don't say anything if you cant say anything nice. I felt really bad and came back home only to find out I was doing a PHD in food tech and Jack was my lecturer who was doing a series on how to boil eggs. I still felt bad so I started defending her and when I woke up I left tattle for a bit. It took me ages to grunk to where I am now so NEVER AGAIN.

Anyway, anyone think the coin thing was a deliberate way to bury the financial stuff and the deathbook? Money + lies + easily disproven? Or just Jack being Jack?

The pcd group has its fair share of neckbeards and those disposed to think kindly of jack so I suspect its still a jack safe harbour. However, I wonder if there has been a slight shift more recently given *gestures widely*

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Mama Mia, her puttanesca recipe is tit!! I can picture her doing it on This Morning and Gino having some kind of breakdown 😭

Jack, you wanted to talk about the recipes, yeah? Well maybe let’s talk about why you think it’s necessary to put sardines that are already cooked, into 600ml of liquid and then cook for 30 mins? Why, also, would you use x2 tins of sardines, when you could use the stronger saltier (and correct for a cultural recipe!!!) flavour of x1 tin of chopped anchovies that are sold in Sainsbury’s for 90p a tin? You’re not saving money, because you’re using x2 of the alternative.

If you’re being thrifty, why would you have the gas on for 30 mins when 10-15 would suffice? Oh, wait, I know the answer! It’s because you’ve used way too much liquid (600ml) and need to reduce down the unnecessary volume 🤷‍♀️

Why is your puttanesca devoid of any of the things that would give a depth of flavour? It’s supposed to be cooked with onions and garlic, with parsley added at the end. All we seem to have here, is mashed 🤢 fish boiled into tinned tomatoes for half an hour.

Puttanesca is supposed to strike a lovely balance between being rich in flavour, but light and fresh, salty, with pops of zing here and there. Why am I cooking pre-cooked, mashed sardines for so long? Won’t the sauce just become a slop? Apologise to the whores of Naples, now! WARNED.

PS, after your bread and jam bullshit in the ice cream recipe, you could have at least treated us to a history of puttanesca (bleep’s sauce) and how it ties in with your definitely not made up experience of being a sex worker. Missed an opportunity to talk about yourself there pal.

View attachment 1870622
Gino would also have a break down if he saw onions going in to puttanesca

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I know it's been mentioned on here before but her 2011-2013 POVERTY timeline isn't very evident on her old Insta account. There's a photography exhibition, 2 kittens, various cakes in October 2012, a very healthy looking SB eating bread and jam in September 2012, a holiday cottage in August 2013 with another picture of a healthy looking SB tucking into pasta..... But (in her own words, there are receipts) she was also living without lightbulbs or heating for those two years 🤷‍♀️
Also she only had an old Nokia and no laptop to write her book on. How did she post the photos to Instagram?! (I'm guessing she must've taken them with the camera her mum told her not to sell in the big house sale).

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Maybe we've finally uncovered what happened to the missing chicken in the LINGREENIE with chicken she did on her last ever appearance on This Morning*. Maybe she put a stock cube in the pasta water!!

*new fraus, she got the boot after undercooking her pasta, so she claims. Full car crash here https://tattle.life/media/jack-monroe-lingreenie.1164/
Point of order dear heart.
She had one more appearance on This Morning (easily forgotten I know) where she recommended bollock sausages to a visibly startled Phil.
She posted a vom worthy picture of the studio saying something like 'I'm home'.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
I've been off the PCD group since someone posted Awfully Mollys blog to ask what people think and all the stans came out. Is it safe now?

I dreamt my Mum was in a relationship with Sali Hughes last night and I had to try to explain what a grifter was. I only know her from this thread so I guess it could have been worse.

I also recently had a dream where I was staying in an Irish waterpark and Eve H was my landlady. I kept hearing her telling other guests ludicrous claims like "Jack is the first girl ever to wear trousers!! Jack is a world renowned punk' and I couldn't stand it so I started passive-aggressively saying stuff like "actually I've worn trousers before".

Eve was like, yeah I know she's a dick but she's my daughter and please don't say anything if you cant say anything nice. I felt really bad and came back home only to find out I was doing a PHD in food tech and Jack was my lecturer who was doing a series on how to boil eggs. I still felt bad so I started defending her and when I woke up I left tattle for a bit. It took me ages to grunk to where I am now so NEVER AGAIN.

Anyway, anyone think the coin thing was a deliberate way to bury the financial stuff and the deathbook? Money + lies + easily disproven? Or just Jack being Jack?
Yes, all back to its normal self now with air fryer chat and made up games a plenty! That post really riled me, mainly because of the Stan who accused the poster of misgendering Jack, despite the fact they used she/they pronouns. At first I was glad to see Jack being discussed there as usually PCDs are a balanced bunch, but perhaps things would be different if she was brought up again now she’s been dragged through the mud a little more.

Reactions: 13
Point of order dear heart.
She had one more appearance on This Morning (easily forgotten I know) where she recommended bollock sausages to a visibly startled Phil.
She posted a vom worthy picture of the studio saying something like 'I'm home'.
Oh did Jack lie? How unlike her. She said the reason This Morning wouldn't have her on any more is because of the LINGREENIE with chicken disaster. But it can't have been if she had an appearance after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I don't want to talk about your 'recipes' , hon. I would LOVE to talk about how much your 'book' is tanking though! TOOT TOOT

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Its not bread dough, it’s a dead bird.

(I’m not kidding. It’s a dead bird. There’s another of her hanging over it looking like Myra Hindley)
Oh I just howled with laughter!
I think more successful result would come from using the dead bird in place of dough, no?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Also she only had an old Nokia and no laptop to write her book on. How did she post the photos to Instagram?! (I'm guessing she must've taken them with the camera her mum told her not to sell in the big house sale).
That apparently her mum didn't know about because she waited until they were on holiday.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Hi, I'm new. I've been lurking for a while as I was unsure about the site but on these threads you've won me over as you are mostly funny and intelligent. What has prompted me to post, ridiculously, is the bread and jam ice cream. This one doesn't sound that bad to me: brown bread ice cream is really nice, so it could work if the recipe works. (It probably doesn't.)

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Hi, I'm new. I've been lurking for a while as I was unsure about the site but on these threads you've won me over as you are mostly funny and intelligent. What has prompted me to post, ridiculously, is the bread and jam ice cream. This one doesn't sound that bad to me: brown bread ice cream is really nice, so it could work if the recipe works. (It probably doesn't.)
Fancy trying it and adding the results to the slopalong thread?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.