Jack Monroe #458 This addled lie factory is on another level

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mama Mia, her puttanesca recipe is tit!! I can picture her doing it on This Morning and Gino having some kind of breakdown šŸ˜­

Jack, you wanted to talk about the recipes, yeah? Well maybe letā€™s talk about why you think itā€™s necessary to put sardines that are already cooked, into 600ml of liquid and then cook for 30 mins? Why, also, would you use x2 tins of sardines, when you could use the stronger saltier (and correct for a cultural recipe!!!) flavour of x1 tin of chopped anchovies that are sold in Sainsburyā€™s for 90p a tin? Youā€™re not saving money, because youā€™re using x2 of the alternative.

If youā€™re being thrifty, why would you have the gas on for 30 mins when 10-15 would suffice? Oh, wait, I know the answer! Itā€™s because youā€™ve used way too much liquid (600ml) and need to reduce down the unnecessary volume šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Why is your puttanesca devoid of any of the things that would give a depth of flavour? Itā€™s supposed to be cooked with onions and garlic, with parsley added at the end. All we seem to have here, is mashed šŸ¤¢ fish boiled into tinned tomatoes for half an hour.

Puttanesca is supposed to strike a lovely balance between being rich in flavour, but light and fresh, salty, with pops of zing here and there. Why am I cooking pre-cooked, mashed sardines for so long? Wonā€™t the sauce just become a slop? Apologise to the whores of Naples, now! WARNED.

PS, after your bread and jam bullshit in the ice cream recipe, you could have at least treated us to a history of puttanesca (bleepā€™s sauce) and how it ties in with your definitely not made up experience of being a sex worker. Missed an opportunity to talk about yourself there pal.

View attachment 1870622
NOT Puttanesca!
Puttanesca is oil, garlic, anchovies, black olives, capers, tomatoes. Pepper and parsley at the end. Takes 10 minutes to make (all you had if your husband was coming home for lunch and you had been busy with your beau). She's got to stop mangling recipes, she's no idea of why certain ingredients work. Arrogant fool.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Oh the old insta is strangely prophetic...
DENIAL by Jack Monroe.

NB that can't be Jack's bread dough! Her's is almost as slack as her work ethic...
IMG_5920.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Fraus, meet Bob. He had a Twitter spat with Nadine Dorries the other day when she belittled him as he only had 15 followers. It backfired on Nadine and now he has over 30k and is endorsing Jack.

Bob, you are off my Christmas card list āŒ

24B1E0C2-62C1-4CEA-B9AB-39839EB636D7.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
If weā€™re talking about the recipes, Jack, Iā€™d like to know why you think itā€™s OK to call a recipe ā€œchickenā€-something when thereā€™s no actual chicken in it, just a chicken stock cube. (And as stock cubes only contain a minuscule amount of chicken, 4% if youā€™re lucky, this hardly counts once itā€™s incorporated into a dish). For example, the ā€œchicken & cannellini soupā€. And I think the ā€œchicken porridgeā€ just has a stock cube too.
It just seems a bit deceptive to me.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I know her recipe is absolute garbage, but the puttanesca gatekeepers here need to learn the actual boring origin of it instead of promoting the silly myth. It's only been around about 50 years too šŸ˜‚

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Not only does the stuff in the bowl look like margarine; that scoop has seen better days. šŸ¤®
See, I thought the yellower ice cream looked like Walls. I'm sure it can't be though. I'm sure Jack makes everything that Pat Niven photographs.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I've been off the PCD group since someone posted Awfully Mollys blog to ask what people think and all the stans came out. Is it safe now?

I dreamt my Mum was in a relationship with Sali Hughes last night and I had to try to explain what a grifter was. I only know her from this thread so I guess it could have been worse.

I also recently had a dream where I was staying in an Irish waterpark and Eve H was my landlady. I kept hearing her telling other guests ludicrous claims like "Jack is the first girl ever to wear trousers!! Jack is a world renowned punk' and I couldn't stand it so I started passive-aggressively saying stuff like "actually I've worn trousers before".

Eve was like, yeah I know she's a dick but she's my daughter and please don't say anything if you cant say anything nice. I felt really bad and came back home only to find out I was doing a PHD in food tech and Jack was my lecturer who was doing a series on how to boil eggs. I still felt bad so I started defending her and when I woke up I left tattle for a bit. It took me ages to grunk to where I am now so NEVER AGAIN.

Anyway, anyone think the coin thing was a deliberate way to bury the financial stuff and the deathbook? Money + lies + easily disproven? Or just Jack being Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
1000000739.jpg

Hi Jack, recipe chat, my favourite! It's delightful that you've learned to make roux 7 cookbooks in, well done! Can you tell us why baking spread would be preferable in a roux? Or whether we need to cook the flour out or anything?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I would so dearly love to join the slopalongs but Iā€™m just learning to cook properly after years of working long hours and getting home exhausted and having to feed my family quickly and cheaply so relied on pasta and bought sauces.
To try a Jack recipe would simply be counter intuitive.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I know her recipe is absolute garbage, but the puttanesca gatekeepers here need to learn the actual boring origin of it instead of promoting the silly myth. It's only been around about 50 years too šŸ˜‚
Shanā€™t

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Ok if we're doing recipes, please can she explain why the pina colada bread has bicarb AND yeast, and why she never uses bread flour?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
I've been off the PCD group since someone posted Awfully Mollys blog to ask what people think and all the stans came out. Is it safe now?

I dreamt my Mum was in a relationship with Sali Hughes last night and I had to try to explain what a grifter was. I only know her from this thread so I guess it could have been worse.

I also recently had a dream where I was staying in an Irish waterpark and Eve H was my landlady. I kept hearing her telling other guests ludicrous claims like "Jack is the first girl ever to wear trousers!! Jack is a world renowned punk' and I couldn't stand it so I started passive-aggressively saying stuff like "actually I've worn trousers before".

Eve was like, yeah I know she's a dick but she's my daughter and please don't say anything if you cant say anything nice. I felt really bad and came back home only to find out I was doing a PHD in food tech and Jack was my lecturer who was doing a series on how to boil eggs. I still felt bad so I started defending her and when I woke up I left tattle for a bit. It took me ages to grunk to where I am now so NEVER AGAIN.

Anyway, anyone think the coin thing was a deliberate way to bury the financial stuff and the deathbook? Money + lies + easily disproven? Or just Jack being Jack?
I dreamt I was with Jack last night and we were doing some ā„
I think the last few days have messed with our brains!
Send psychiatristos

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
New thread made in honour of @fishyfishfish

Slightly edited to remove 'Gak' as it's slang for Drugs I didn't think a tread title would be the best place to accuse JM of being Drug Addled.

Please forgive and shoot me at Dawn
View attachment 1870575

Recap wise...

Holy Moley Baths Of Cash..

And she wants to talk about anything but the bath.. begging to talk about the Recipes which in fairly sure are sloppy seconds from other places and her own books.

Mod edit:
Letā€™s leave the court outfits posts in the old thread please. Thanks
Can you put 'coin' where gak used to be please šŸ„¹

ETA People in naples tend to be so 'direct' to English speaking tourists. Id love to see them react to Jack's Italian slop, 'singing' and pretending to speak the language.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
If weā€™re talking about the recipes, Jack, Iā€™d like to know why you think itā€™s OK to call a recipe ā€œchickenā€-something when thereā€™s no actual chicken in it, just a chicken stock cube. (And as stock cubes only contain a minuscule amount of chicken, 4% if youā€™re lucky, this hardly counts once itā€™s incorporated into a dish). For example, the ā€œchicken & cannellini soupā€. And I think the ā€œchicken porridgeā€ just has a stock cube too.
It just seems a bit deceptive to me.
Maybe we've finally uncovered what happened to the missing chicken in the LINGREENIE with chicken she did on her last ever appearance on This Morning*. Maybe she put a stock cube in the pasta water!!

*new fraus, she got the boot after undercooking her pasta, so she claims. Full car crash here https://tattle.life/media/jack-monroe-lingreenie.1164/

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I think what really happened with Jackā€™s poverty circumstances in 2011-13 is she went slightly overdrawn one day in that period, did a big sad, popped into the local food bank on the way home to chat to a friend who worked there, picked up a couple of tins and then trudged forlornly home. The next day Big D sent her a large wad of cash as she was still doing a sad and all was well again.

Suddenly though Jack hit on the idea that as she was a poor for a day she would write about how awful it was being a poor and as she is a fantasist with an unlimited ability to exaggerate that day turned into three years of poverty. There began a life of poverty cosplay, one day a poor, always a poor in Jackā€™s world.

Letā€™s face it my version of events is just as likely as any of hers šŸ˜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.