Jack Monroe # 45 I’ll put it on the to do list

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @MancBee for the thread title! A very handsome 63 likes at last count.
We ‘Say Hello’ to this thread and ‘Wave Goodbye’ to the last one 😉

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
copied and pasted this excellent and informative post by @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon from the last thread:

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.

Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL) : Threads 2 - 9

Jack’s most oft used reply to questions on recipe substitutions: yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite quotes by Jack:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘my maverick brain’

‘my sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
🥴
One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. This is good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos: https://tattle.life/threads/food-drink.7379/

Recap from last thread:

Our Jackie continues to spin her web of lies about the kitten, her living conditions, and whether a kitten with such complex physiological needs could indeed bust out of her ‘massive bathroom’ and jump on to her bed.

Trying to think of some more things, please add!

Beloved @Flumps had some very good news and we send her our love.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Oh @Flumps I'm so pleased for you! Sorry, I've not been around much but so glad to hear things are good!

As for our friend Walter "Jack" Mitty, wtaf is with the contradictions over the bathroom? You know when they say that liars over compensate with far, far too much information? Aye, that's our Jackie.

Also, fellow fraus, a discussion went on about JM vs DW in a hobby group I am a participant on FB - loads of people whooping and cheering for JM, until me and someone else said - er... and regaled as gently as we could all the problematic ways. The discussion soon went off DW and onto JM and her erraticness and the poor kitten and now I may have accidentally recruited a bunch of people (I didn't mention here, but people figure things out I guess) - so if we see lots of new faces, that may be a reason :sneaky:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Oh @Flumps I'm so pleased for you! Sorry, I've not been around much but so glad to hear things are good!

As for our friend Walter "Jack" Mitty, wtaf is with the contradictions over the bathroom? You know when they say that liars over compensate with far, far too much information? Aye, that's our Jackie.

Also, fellow fraus, a discussion went on about JM vs DW in a hobby group I am a participant on FB - loads of people whooping and cheering for JM, until me and someone else said - er... and regaled as gently as we could all the problematic ways. The discussion soon went off DW and onto JM and her erraticness and the poor kitten and now I may have accidentally recruited a bunch of people (I didn't mention here, but people figure things out I guess) - so if we see lots of new faces, that may be a reason :sneaky:
@missbct, recruiter of Fraus!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Aw @Flumps the Biopsy Slayer 🗡 💕

so, so pleased for you, now you’ll be able to clear a little space in your brain and put it to pondering just what the hell is the bathroom / sleeping kitten/ floor plan in that crappy bungalow — and what’s for dinner tonight 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Thanks all. We had to cut our walk shortish as other half has to speak to man about a dog (or woman about a job, that might be more like it), but it helped and now I am feeling more reasonable. Thank you all for your lovely kindness, the last few months have been rocky, it is a bleeping relief to get a bit of good news.

With this latest saga of bathrooms, bedrooms, cats that can get out, but not in, or in but not out, or do the hokey cokey, or whatever the duck she's on about now, I cannot get how people all over her various feeds are not just eyerolling so hard that they are making themselves dizzy. It's all such elaborate nonsense, what even is that bathroom door video. Just say you put the damn kitten on the bed with you, is that such a bad story?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I can't edit my last post because the thread is locked. Just to clarify: It's a three bed dormer bungalow. All bedrooms (and the bathroom) being upstairs.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Aw @Flumps the Biopsy Slayer 🗡 💕

so, so pleased for you, now you’ll be able to clear a little space in your brain and put it to pondering just what the hell is the bathroom / sleeping kitten/ floor plan in that crappy bungalow — and what’s for dinner tonight 🤔

Someone could market the place on Rightmove with all the internal photos in recent months. The need to video a door mechanism is simply bizarre.

It can't be doing her mental health any good to have a daily reminder of the Hellmann's horror shows every time she enters the dining room or shed.

Reactions: 17
I can't edit my last post because the thread is locked. Just to clarify: It's a three bed dormer bungalow. All bedrooms (and the bathroom) being upstairs.
Which means a very expensive conversion, as it's going to be huge in comparison to a bog standard terrace.

So pleased for you, @Flumps !

I have some form of idiot deciding to play tit dance music over the back. It's so loud, it's louder than the TV would be if it were on in here. Last time I heard this noise, it continued until approximately 4.30am, with occasional interludes for arguments about who was paying for who's rocks and running down the street shouting at one another.

If it were a kid's birthday party, fine. But the music suggests it's some overcooked throwback to 2001.

No, I don't live in Southend.

They walk amongst us.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
The nerve of Harper Collins assuming she'd give up and go away. Utter bastards. Who tf did they think they were dealing with? Well she certainly showed them didn't she?

The thing is, it did its job, didn't it? Got her some radio time, got her some column inches, got her chatted about on Loose Women - there's no need to actually follow up on it because that's all it was about all along.

ETA - So pleased for you @Flumps, you might not immediately feel the pressure lifted but I bet you wake up a bit lighter tomorrow!

Reactions: 25
The novelty of ... going to the shops? Just like she's been doing this entire time??
Quite! What actually has she been doing all this time? A few 1hr poorly researched IGTV's, and a flurry of tweets.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.