Jack Monroe # 45 I’ll put it on the to do list

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the honour of naming a thread. I leave for an hours snooze and wake up to this, all without a £170 sunrise clock.

@Pocahontas I see what you did there.😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
At least if she's tweeting about other things she's hopefully leaving the kitten alone.

Saturn! (About the screenshot)
He lives!

Thanks for the honour of naming a thread. I leave for an hours snooze and wake up to this, all without a £170 sunrise clock.

@Pocahontas I see what you did there.😂😂
Oh, Vlad also said to say your Lumie sunrise clock is on its way via the right channels. Expect a knock on your door at 2am sharp and don’t ask any questions. He’s got the latest model for you, even better than Jackie’s.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Would it not make sense to put the kitten in one of those carry crates overnight? The ones people use to transport cats to the vet. I don't know anything about cats so this could be a really stupid question 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Would it not make sense to put the kitten in one of those carry crates overnight? The ones people use to transport cats to the vet. I don't know anything about cats so this could be a really stupid question 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yes. Yes it would. \\answer ends\\

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Happy Monday all and @Flumps so pleased for you x

I've spent the weekend grunka-ing through some of the old threads and trying to figure out why JM triggers me so. I think it's because she reminds me of 2 narcs I had relationships with in my life before I wised up and grey rocked / noped it out of there - it's the constant gaslighting, twisting of the truth, erasing of past events and attention seeking that is so, so exhausting. And the fact that it appears to all intents and purposes that everyone else loves her - that's the impression given by her twitter feed. So you think you're the only one who sees through her, and then you think maybe you must be wrong if everyone else loves her - more gaslighting!

That's why thiese threads are so important. Sites like Tattle are actually, imo, integral to the healthy functioning of a democratic society. No really, hear me out. It's vital in a democratic, free speech society that ordinary folks like us have the space and ability to moan, gossip and sound off about those in power. It's like a vital pressure valve and it also reminds the famous and privileged that we put them there and that they're really no better than anyone else. The ancient Athenians understood this fact so well that shortly after inventing democracy they actually instituted an entire annual festival dedicated to allowing ordinary citizens to rip the piss out of famous people and politicians, onstage, in public, with no reprisals (in fact the famous people and politicians being made fun of had to foot the bill for the festival). They understood that the ability to take the piss out of the powerful is what marks a free and democratic society.

the UK used to have a really healthy satire / piss-ripping culture but over the last 30 or so years this has become eroded because of increasingly heavy libel laws etc. In the last few years it's become eroded again by celebs being able to get injunctions, curate their own social media bubbles and use hypocritical hashtags like #bekind (which sounds virtuous but what it really means is, don't criticise me you minions!). So places like Tattle and others are vital for a healthy society and also to remind ourselves that we aren't going beserk!

Plus, celebs like JM are so self-aggrandising and ridiculous that they just beg to have the piss ripped out of them (see also: Jameela Jamil, Megan Markle).

Other thoughts: I watched some of her old old interviews on youtube this weekend and am shocked by how much she's changed in 5 years, in appearance, demeanour and general presentation. She used to appear much happier and steadier, in my opinion. I also couldn't help noticing that her accent seems to get more or less 'Essex' depending on who she's tlaking to and the platform she's appearing on...

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Yes. Yes it would. \\answer ends\\
I'm not responding to the kitten stuff normally cos it's upsetting but this is a very good suggestion.

A tiny, poorly kitten needs a secure, safe space where they feel comfortable. Well all kittens need that but especially vulnerable ones.

When I was much younger I had a very young kitten that had to be put to sleep after having a horrible reaction to a routine injection. They were poorly for days and I was with them when they were put to sleep. It was incredibly traumatic and upsetting. This business with poor wee Pretzel is bringing it all back

Other thoughts: I watched some of her old old interviews on youtube this weekend and am shocked by how much she's changed in 5 years, in appearance, demeanour and general presentation. She used to appear much happier and steadier, in my opinion. I also couldn't help noticing that her accent seems to get more or less 'Essex' depending on who she's tlaking to and the platform she's appearing on...
Yes, fame has not been good for her, on a psychological level.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I have a feeling that this whole kitten thing is going to go horribly wrong for her, I keep looking at the picture of it and its so frail. I hope I am wrong but it looks so weak, I don't see how it could have got from the bathroom to the bed. If, it does 'go wrong' for her, goodness knows how she'll manage. I see a spiralling coming up.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I don't know anything about kittens, but I do know that it is terrible to let any animal suffer. Even more so if that suffering is to fuel an ego.

My pet of choice was a parrot, a beautiful Scarlet Macaw, that lived with me for 51 years until she died last year. She was my lifelong companion and I was devastated when she died. However I would not have let her suffer, no matter how much I "loved" her. (Hope that information doesn't help too much with JM's triangulation)

JM, in her own words, saved this kitten from being pts, she should never have done so. She has built a bond, albeit only a couple of weeks, but she is now emotionally attached. The original owner should bear the blame for allowing a well meaning, but woefully inadequately prepared person, to take on this kitten.

An animal's welfare overrides any feelings of the owner. JM has ignored the advice of 3 vets. She has plunged new depths.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
JM also reminds me of a narc ex-friend of mine. It was always some convoluted drama, lies, make believe scenarios that you just ended up drowning in. You were always surplus to requirement unless you were useful for something and then you were the most amazing thing ever.

It would go someways to explaining why we never hear of her friendships, or hanging out with people. I recall her going to a wedding last year but I suspect that was Louisas gang that she was privy to. I just think it’s unusual - I never see any gainful interactions with any of her supposed blue ticked friends - just platitudes.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Just noticed, I've joined the VIP's. Yippee. Will this help with my membership application for The Groucho?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I don't know anything about kittens, but I do know that it is terrible to let any animal suffer. Even more so if that suffering is to fuel an ego.

My pet of choice was a parrot, a beautiful Scarlet Macaw, that lived with me for 51 years until she died last year. She was my lifelong companion and I was devastated when she died. However I would not have let her suffer, no matter how much I "loved" her. (Hope that information doesn't help too much with JM's triangulation)

JM, in her own words, saved this kitten from being pts, she should never have done so. She has built a bond, albeit only a couple of weeks, but she is now emotionally attached. The original owner should bear the blame for allowing a well meaning, but woefully inadequately prepared person, to take on this kitten.

An animal's welfare overrides any feelings of the owner. JM has ignored the advice of 3 vets. She has plunged new depths.
do parrots really live for 50+ years? That’s incredible.
Totally agree that animal welfare overrides owner emotions. Responsible pet owners know this, as difficult as that can sometimes be. What we are seeing here is literally heartbreakingly selfish.

Reactions: 21
It's a three-bed bungalow in a very nice part of Southend - it's one of those bungalows with an extra room upstairs. The rooms are very well-proportioned. She said she has a "decent sized bathroom". She may even have room for a pony!!!!
I await her finding a pony behind the wisteria. It's only a matter of time.

The novelty of ... going to the shops? Just like she's been doing this entire time??
I thought she'd been up to the postbox, the post office, Wilkos, tesco direct, Asda and the vets five billion elevnty times. But I probably just dreamt that.

Someone could market the place on Rightmove with all the internal photos in recent months. The need to video a door mechanism is simply bizarre.

It can't be doing her mental health any good to have a daily reminder of the Hellmann's horror shows every time she enters the dining room or shed.
If I ever saw a video on Rightmove of someone demonstrating a door opening mechanism of a home, I'd have to buy the property immediately. No questions asked.

(not sorry about the gif. I've been most restrained)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.