Jack Monroe #447 Can’t even tell the truth about owning her own book

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the sausage rolls, and her breezy affirmation of rough puff (where’s the lamination?😂) Soooo does this mean she knocked up enough rough puff pastry for a 100 smol sausage rolls? Hahaha. I would hedge my bets that at best it’s shop bought shortcrust (?) (and there ain’t nothing wrong with that Jack).

0725EA2D-3781-425D-899F-9AEF6B3230AA.jpeg

Soz if this has already been forensically observed!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 78
So, Graun ‘article’ tomorrow then ‘book’ release & reviews throughout the week?

I predict three threads by Wednesday.

ETA: I say that but I’m unclear what day it is today

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
I assume the fictional party had food other than one plate of sausage rolls? Has Jack mentioned the other options? Do we think any other of the imaginary guests make such a song and dance about taking food to a party? No.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Just want to thank @Smol Pixel for correcting my post and demonstrating that yes, Jack did, unfathomably, repost Hunger Hurts 2022 this very week.

I was legit in a fuge state and refusing to believe even Jack would be that idiotic and that she’d just posted the “not poor” quote.

ALSO if I’m being honest I was distracted by the whole HE LEFT thing, rather than being FORENSIC. I really, really need to get over the loss of deliciously ordinary Harold. It’s clouding my love of facts, and as we all know, WE LOVE FACTS!

☎ “Hi Harold, don’t ever go back to Jack, but just know that not a day goes by when I don’t miss you. I just can’t let FORENSIC ACCURACY be clouded by it anymore.”
97726E37-7E48-4385-B44B-97591AA59E99.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
I assume the fictional party had food other than one plate of sausage rolls? Has Jack mentioned the other options? Do we think any other of the imaginary guests make such a song and dance about taking food to a party? No.
Worryingly, she said she made meatballs. Maybe to use as pickin‘ balls 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
We've only had one short update about the party. Needless to say Jack had a whale of time and danced all night with her 100% 4 Real friends. Sadly she is unable to share any pictures because the VILE TROLLS would start a campaign of HATE against her friends because reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: 74
Congratulations Jack, you managed to last a full 2 hours of 2023 without lying.

If those sausage rolls are made with rough puff pastry, then my a*se is a biscuit.

I agree with @Pocahontas that it is shop bought shortcrust.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Rough puff? WTF?

One of the photos below is of rough puff sausage rolls. The other isn’t. Guess which one is Jack’s.

7D318115-903A-497B-BF8A-B499580D35B2.jpeg
0E216B04-F51F-40E8-B0CE-FD3E71AA8F7D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Just read the MN thread. Obvs the usual cries of ‘be kind to women!’ And ‘she does so much good!’ but overall it’s leaning towards about 80% agreeing with OP, that Jack is a grifter, and abusing people’s (mostly women’s) goodwill.

I don’t feel it’s Tattlers that have crossed over, despite the comments of ‘go back to Tattle’ popping up throughout the thread. The MN critics have mostly read here, and AM’s blog etc. but I think it’s clear that posters have had their own misgivings, and then simply followed the trail. I see it as just curiosity. I know when I get my teeth into something I Google it to death, and want to justify/validate my own thoughts and opinions sometimes.

One thing I would say about reading here and taking it elsewhere though, is that the wit, realisations, scouring for evidence, and damn well forensic mitherings of the canal members are their/each ninny’s intellectual property. By all means read here, but give credit where it’s due yeah, pals! Don’t nick ideas from the canal and then pretend you don’t read here. Please don’t steal original ideas and pass them off as your own like that nasty Michelin starred Tom Kerridge did to poor Jack 🥹

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 139
The MN thread has gone which is a shame as there was an epoxy resin woman saying how dangerous it was to heat epoxy resin (which the inside of tins are coated with apparently) so she was appalled at the egg ring #hackoffyourfinger.

I was going to screenshot but got distracted by puff pastry outrage

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 101
Just read the MN thread. Obvs the usual cries of ‘be kind to women!’ And ‘she does so much good!’ but overall it’s leaning towards about 80% agreeing with OP, that Jack is a grifter, and abusing people’s (mostly women’s) goodwill.

I don’t feel it’s Tattlers that have crossed over, despite the comments of ‘go back to Tattle’ popping up throughout the thread. The MN critics have mostly read here, and AM’s blog etc. but I think it’s clear that posters have had their own misgivings, and then simply followed the trail. I see it as just curiosity. I know when I get my teeth into something I Google it to death, and want to justify/validate my own thoughts and opinions sometimes.

One thing I would say about reading here and taking it elsewhere though, is that the wit, realisations, scouring for evidence, and damn well forensic mitherings of the canal members are their/each ninny’s intellectual property. By all means read here, but give credit where it’s due yeah, pals! Don’t nick ideas from the canal and then pretend you don’t read here. Please don’t steal original ideas and pass them off as your own like that nasty Michelin starred Tom Kerridge did to poor Jack 🥹
I think the suggestion that the MN thread is Tattlers having a day out is just Jack stans throwing pumbles at the haterz because they can't actually defend her grifty behaviour. What would be the point of going to the other place starting a thread which is going to attract these yawn inducing pee the beds, when you could just post here and get amusing responses. No offence intended to the fun catty mums- you're doing your best over there but Christ some of your fellow posters are dull.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Quick recap: Jack’s usual nonsense about passing off shop bought food (that she still somehow manages to make look DIRE) as her own and then going to the second mad wild party in two weeks full of dozens and dozens of her fun friends who no-one knows, because they are SOBER and pretty sure none of us have ever met anyone who doesn’t drink alcohol.

Anyway, it’s great that she had the BEST TIME, because if she didn’t like the amount of scrutiny that fell upon her in 2022, NYE indications from several different sources appear to indicate that things are about to become a whole lot more difficult for her in 2023.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I'm still baffled as to why egg rings are a handy bit of thrifty kitchen kit? Admittedly I do own 2 egg rings. But as my Old Harold pointed out, I bought them when he came over all FANCY and made crumpets. But even then they weren't essential to the recipe. Send explaineos 🙃.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
There was a jack stan going on about how it was such a good idea…suuuurrreeee.
To which the only sane response is "Ok Stan, you do it and we'll watch from a safe distance." There was a VILE TROLL on Twitter a few months back that challenged a few stans to live on Jack slops for a month seeing as they were so good. As far as I know no one took them up on it which is a shame because it would have been a HOOT watching some Boden Mummy trying to force down a slop with the kids sobbing in the background.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
You know tuna tins? I think they are only openable from their tops…? The bottom edge is rounded so you can’t take a can opener to it. I have a tin of tuna downstairs but I’m still in bed. This might be the thing to get me up brb.

ETA:
6D2D0BD0-4E97-4DD2-881E-8111E9EC828F.jpeg

this is why one needs a big knife 👍🏼

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 97
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.