Jack Monroe #447 Can’t even tell the truth about owning her own book

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm off to work you lovely bunch of mithering ninnies. Don't get through too many threads by 10pm. Hopefully the likkle pickle pixie is still softly slumbering dreaming of rough puff rolls fnar 🤢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Just read the MN thread. Obvs the usual cries of ‘be kind to women!’ And ‘she does so much good!’ but overall it’s leaning towards about 80% agreeing with OP, that Jack is a grifter, and abusing people’s (mostly women’s) goodwill.

I don’t feel it’s Tattlers that have crossed over, despite the comments of ‘go back to Tattle’ popping up throughout the thread. The MN critics have mostly read here, and AM’s blog etc. but I think it’s clear that posters have had their own misgivings, and then simply followed the trail. I see it as just curiosity. I know when I get my teeth into something I Google it to death, and want to justify/validate my own thoughts and opinions sometimes.

One thing I would say about reading here and taking it elsewhere though, is that the wit, realisations, scouring for evidence, and damn well forensic mitherings of the canal members are their/each ninny’s intellectual property. By all means read here, but give credit where it’s due yeah, pals! Don’t nick ideas from the canal and then pretend you don’t read here. Please don’t steal original ideas and pass them off as your own like that nasty Michelin starred Tom Kerridge did to poor Jack 🥹
Having previously lurked on MN I’d say the majority of posters were fed up with Jack quite a long time ago, but the mods swiftly deleted any dissenting threads as being ‘not in the spirit of the site’. They would even nuke entire threads if anyone brought up her name in a negative way, instead of just deleting individual posts and telling people to knock it off. I did wonder whether she either had a mate at MN, or she’d had a stern letter sent (not on a Saturday, of course) and MN didn’t want another situation like they had with that baby weaning lady.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I actually think those sausage rolls have been made with out of date or too long in the freezer shop bought puff pastry the pre-rolled kind....if puff goes over it goes vinegar smelling and loses its ability to puff in the oven and goes flat and pasty looking...or if they are pre-made ones, again have been frozen too long/are past their best.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
So her alternative Christmas lunch of Pie+Mash didn’t happen as “SB sick again and didn’t feel like it” - all ingredients in freezer for Tuesday. Suggestion yet again that SB only visits on Tuesdays and has avoided additional contact.
4D60A1C8-8A37-4042-810B-06226D9575A8.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I have never used an egg ring. I just feel the need to make that clear. Happy New Year you horrible lot. Hope your hangovers are mild and your resolutions involve only doing nice things x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
You know tuna tins? I think they are only openable from their tops…? The bottom edge is rounded so you can’t take a can opener to it. I have a tin of tuna downstairs but I’m still in bed. This might be the thing to get me up brb.

ETA:
View attachment 1845452
this is why one needs a big knife 👍🏼
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and I know a lot of you will be shocked and upset by this but is it just possible that Jack hasn't even tried the egg rings hack?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 107
I actually think those sausage rolls have been made with out of date or too long in the freezer shop bought puff pastry the pre-rolled kind....if puff goes over it goes vinegar smelling and loses its ability to puff in the oven and goes flat and pasty looking...or if they are pre-made ones, again have been frozen too long/are past their best.
Or potentially hasn’t been cooked at high enough temperature so doesn’t puff.

why didn’t she just say she used shop bought, as there is nothing wrong with it and i’ve even seen Ramsey suggest this for time and money saving before

Reactions: 52
So the sausage rolls, and her breezy affirmation of rough puff (where’s the lamination?😂) Soooo does this mean she knocked up enough rough puff pastry for a 100 smol sausage rolls? Hahaha. I would hedge my bets that at best it’s shop bought shortcrust (?) (and there ain’t nothing wrong with that Jack).

View attachment 1845367

Soz if this has already been forensically observed!
Those are large sausage rolls that she bought from a supermarket and then cut up, how do I know? Because I bought some reduced ones from Sainsbury's and did that and they looked exactly the same!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
So, Graun ‘article’ tomorrow then ‘book’ release & reviews throughout the week?

I predict three threads by Wednesday.

ETA: I say that but I’m unclear what day it is today
She's also planning to poison SB on Tuesday - it's going to be a busy week!

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Or potentially hasn’t been cooked at high enough temperature so doesn’t puff.

why didn’t she just say she used shop bought, as there is nothing wrong with it and i’ve even seen Ramsey suggest this for time and money saving before
indeed although....It's the squidgy, greasy looking bits that make me think off as (forensic food fraud here 🔺️) even at a lower temperature I would still expect a little flake on top....or anywhere....unless you literally drowned them in egg wash....but it is Jack so who knows they could have languished in a milk and egg bath before hitting the oven.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
You know tuna tins? I think they are only openable from their tops…? The bottom edge is rounded so you can’t take a can opener to it. I have a tin of tuna downstairs but I’m still in bed. This might be the thing to get me up brb.

ETA:
View attachment 1845452
this is why one needs a big knife 👍🏼
You’re right, I’ve just checked my cans. So a tip which is a) dangerous (metal shards, epoxy resin) AND b) impossible.

She is such a buffoon. But her publishers really need to take a lot of the blame here. Carole, I’m looking at you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and I know a lot of you will be shocked and upset by this but is it just possible that Jack hasn't even tried the egg rings hack?
I cannot believe that on this, the first day of a brand new year, you are suggesting that Jack Monroe might be less than honest. I'm shocked. Give her a break*, fgs.

*Start as you mean to go on.

• Haha
Reactions: 73
Is now the time to admit I don’t even know what an egg ring is? Just curious
It's a ring for frying eggs in so they have a neat round shape. It's not a nickname Jack has made up for her hole or anything mucky.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 85
So her alternative Christmas lunch of Pie+Mash didn’t happen as “SB sick again and didn’t feel like it” - all ingredients in freezer for Tuesday. Suggestion yet again that SB only visits on Tuesdays and has avoided additional contact. View attachment 1845456
Even in the holidays. It is really quite sad, even if of her own doing. And I say that without sympathy as someone estranged from abusive narc parents.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I honestly wonder if her publishers actually read the book? If they did, they can’t have done a very thorough job if they let that tin can hack through without comment.
Jack really is dangerously stupid.

Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.