Jack Monroe #446 Egg rings in America WO-AH

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only drop in this thread for time to time but wanted to thank you all for the documentation and laughs in thread #444 - that was really some meltdown.

I cannot believe her publishers passed grifty kitchen as fit for publication. It looks terrible and the recipes are disgusting.
Courgette soda bread?
No tell me how to make an economy chicken tikka, lasagne, everyday food I can feed the kids and keep them filled with nutrients.

As for the tin opener hack and other dangerous activities… as so many have said 60p tin opener. But I don’t know about your house, i have 4 tin openers. If a neighbour came to borrow one, I would gift it to them.

The tea towel hack from old clothes. Most supermarkets have £1 or less options. And its not like you need to buy one every shop… tea towels last for ages.

I hope this book really is the end of her poverty grifting.
I'm pretty evangelical about this guy. The anti-Jack. Natural and relaxed around the camera as opposed to just gritting his teeth, wishing he can just get paid and duck off out of it. Gorgeous recipes as well. I literally haven't bought jarred pasta sauce since

• Heart
Reactions: 56
finally up to date 🥳 has jack ever confirmed the ❄ use? or is it just her erratic behaviour causes speculation here?

She's done the standard thing of eventually admitting to 'socially acceptable' addiction - prescription medication and pain, including those bought illegally online. [Source: Diva.pdf and assorted tweets where she's separated alcoholism and addiction as separate excuses entities in her litany of Not My Faults]. Lots of mentions of tranquilisers, sleeping pills and blaming ADHD medication. As though she's aware that the great more frequently washed of the world take a dim view of posh twats sticking tit up their nose and then complaining that they're skint.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Sorry chaps but it looks like Js having the last laugh of 2022, patreon numbers are currently UP by 10-15 (depending who you ask)
Totally ignore that what are the current numbers as of today ?

also bare in mind Nigella promoted Jacks Patreon this time last year and a lot of the new sign ups this time last year would have been year long upfront paid subs and with the several revelations of this year I expect the majority of people to NOT renew their yearly subscription so next week especially but over the month of January I expect the Patreon numbers to drop significantly.

i don’t have Patreon so if we could timestamp the amount of subscribers today and then look again next week when the yearly subs will not renew

Reactions: 34
She hasn’t as far as I’m aware, but my bet for new year is that it’s coming soon as a way to try and excuse all the fuckups of 2022.
My personal theory is that an admission of class A drug addiction will be the final excuse once all other avenues have been exhausted. And it's a very convenient one because it would allow her to explain away most of the problems people have with her not fulfilling her duties on Patreon, Kickstarter etc. Can't organise herself because of drugs. Has no money left after blowing all other people's because of drugs. Ad infinitum/nauseum.

Of course that would have to be the *real* end of the line, because she's doled out quite literally every other excuse in the book... Is it possible to crowdfund a stay in rehab, one wonders.

• Angry
Reactions: 72
Pikachoo has done an interesting article on another charity linked to sista space. He seems very detailed. I reckon he will find some receipts we don’t know about hopefully when he starts looking into Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

also bare in mind Nigella promoted Jacks Patreon this time last year and a lot of the new sign ups this time last year would have been year long upfront paid subs and with the several revelations of this year I expect the majority of people to NOT renew their yearly subscription so next week especially but over the month of January I expect the Patreon numbers to drop significantly.

i don’t have Patreon so if we could timestamp the amount of subscribers today and then look again next week when the yearly subs will not renew
We’ve got a fairly well-honed IT script monitoring the patreon numbers every 10 minutes and a monthly breakdown and graph…

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Ss of graphtreon, patreon currently says 647 and the numbers were iirc 632/635 previously

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 29

Do we know if the annual subs will be automatically renewed and need cancelling?

Reactions: 26
Gosh this thread moves too fast for me to keep up with sadly but how you gonna write a tribute like THAT to one of the worlds most famous designers and still cry poverty and beg off people. Sorry for once I'll say it -those two things CANT be true (also way to make someone dying about your own busy schedule.. God she's unbearable!!!)

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I know James and he won’t find anything else in my opinion and we have spoke at length regarding SS and other charities.

this is for two simple reasons, the first being that there is no regulatory issues with regards to JM and secondly that he or anyone else will not have any access to JMs HMRC tax records for SA, or PayPal and any other payment processor intermediary statement of accounts and finally nor JMs bank accounts or other personal financial information

• Sad
Reactions: 42
Screenshot 2022-12-30 15.26.28.png

Not long until Andy* does his Thrifty Kitchen review, good to see him limbering up.

*Not squigged as he's a big account.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 121
My personal theory is that an admission of class A drug addiction will be the final excuse once all other avenues have been exhausted. And it's a very convenient one because it would allow her to explain away most of the problems people have with her not fulfilling her duties on Patreon, Kickstarter etc. Can't organise herself because of drugs. Has no money left after blowing all other people's because of drugs. Ad infinitum/nauseum.

Of course that would have to be the *real* end of the line, because she's doled out quite literally every other excuse in the book... Is it possible to crowdfund a stay in rehab, one wonders.
Totally agree. I specifically think GK will cause backlash on some of the dangerous tips, which will gain more attention her way and the drugs will be exactly like you say - the last desperate resort. It will also allow her to shift responsibility for the GK dodgy tips onto publisher/editor/whoever else is meant to screen this sh*t.

She probably would be able to crowdfund rehab and it will be a convenient escape when people start asking questions that she can drag out for as long as she wants pretty much - because it’s not like a rehab program is going to confirm or deny her presence/engagement to the internet at large.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Do we know if the annual subs will be automatically renewed and need cancelling?
I don’t have a Patreon account so I don’t know if the yearly subscription is auto-renew knowing most tech companies they will be automatically renewed but those yearly sub members would certainly get 2/3 email reminders

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.